• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlos Vinicius

Agreed. Indeed, I’d be surprised if Vinicius wanted to stay given the minutes he’s had so far. (Especially not coming in when Kane was injured vs Liverpool and Brighton, or rested vs Wolfsberger).

Bang on.

If I was him I would not sign for us. If he wants to play football he is better off going somewhere else. He should have played more minutes, would have been good to see kane play in the hole behind him.

Mate, no offense, how many do you need to see fail? we have failed to find an even ok option as backup for years

Jose likes a focal point striker (which limits an already small pool), the player has to be willing to accept he's always behind Kane, and not at stupid cost/wages, not a lot to choose from.

We are never going to pay the original rate, don't think he will be £15, but £20-£25 with add ons would probably work.

To your point, he's 'ok' - question is whether that's where we set out ambition. Jose doesnt seem to see him at the moment as a viable option apart from in desperate circumstances. Take Thursday - that should have been a game in which a viable back-up CF should start, but instead he only came on where we were 3-0 up (ie game was seemingly over).

As I said above, my preference would be to find someone with higher potential, such as Edouard at Celtic, but TBC whether thats possible. I could see that we aren't able to do that and us sticking with Vinicius. In terms of cost, my £15m is your £20m-£25m incl add-ons, which is pretty much the same thing

To your point, he's 'ok' - question is whether that's where we set out ambition. Jose doesnt seem to see him at the moment as a viable option apart from in desperate circumstances. Take Thursday - that should have been a game in which a viable back-up CF should start, but instead he only came on where we were 3-0 up (ie game was seemingly over).

As I said above, my preference would be to find someone with higher potential, such as Edouard at Celtic, but TBC whether thats possible. I could see that we aren't able to do that and us sticking with Vinicius. In terms of cost, my £15m is your £20m-£25m incl add-ons, which is pretty much the same thing

I see the logic, but the issue will remain the same

- Is the player actually going to want to come knowing he's behind Kane
- The player will more than likely fail because he simply won't get enough minutes (it's why Vinicius being a little older is actually a bonus vs. younger player)

I hope Vinicius gets the full 90 Wednesday, bangs in a couple more and Jose starts using him more at end of PL games ..

I'm begining to think that unless we get a genuine top quality striker in as backup Jose is unlikely to give them the minutes.

I think back to his first stint at Chelsea and I kind of remember Shevchenko not really getting many minutes due his preference for Drogba. Chelsea had quite few options in terms of alternatives but none ever really stuck and I wonder if that's in part due to Jose clear preference for Drogba.

At Real he did rotate between Higuain and Benzema although I don't recall them playing together all that often but I may just not be remembering clearly.

At Inter he did player Milito and Eto'o but that was with Eto'o being a very versatile striker and taking up the LWF berth much in the way we kind of play Son now.

Second time at Chelsea I'm a bit of a blank as to who the backup striker was.

It's definitely a bit of a pickle of how to integrate and get enough minutes for a backup when you have Kane seemingly demanding every minute he can get and usually quite a delta between Kane and the backup.

I like what I've seen of Vinnie but he is indeed expensive at 50m but at the same time he's by far the best backup we've had in the Harry Kane era. I don't believe a young and inexperienced striker is the way to go as I don't believe Jose is likely to play such a player in a difficult games if Kane were missing through injury.

A difficult decision to make especially considering the current financial difficulties. [emoji848]

I see the logic, but the issue will remain the same

- Is the player actually going to want to come knowing he's behind Kane
- The player will more than likely fail because he simply won't get enough minutes (it's why Vinicius being a little older is actually a bonus vs. younger player)

I hope Vinicius gets the full 90 Wednesday, bangs in a couple more and Jose starts using him more at end of PL games ..

Agreed about the issue. Kane isn't a million miles form the point in his career where we might need to manage his minutes though. 28 this year, minimal gap between last season and this, Euros this summer,.....plus even though he's highly professional, he's a big unit. He'll need some breaks at some point, so perhaps there might be more opportunity for a young back-up compared to 2-3 years ago?

Agreed about the issue. Kane isn't a million miles form the point in his career where we might need to manage his minutes though. 28 this year, minimal gap between last season and this, Euros this summer,.....plus even though he's highly professional, he's a big unit. He'll need some breaks at some point, so perhaps there might be more opportunity for a young back-up compared to 2-3 years ago?

The Euros are my worry about Kane, hes been carrying us and England for 4 years, hes not a player who can ease off, he gives his all even when not fully fit or playing well. Hes going to break if he doesnt get a proper rest instead of injury lay ups.

I hope we find a way to keep him here, as a back up to Kane i can not see us getting any better then him.

So many people on this board are so eager to dump him .. we haven't had a better backup in forever, and I actually think he's probably the best natural poacher in the squad.

I'd expect Levy to negotiate something down and get him.

So many people on this board are so eager to dump him .. we haven't had a better backup in forever, and I actually think he's probably the best natural poacher in the squad.

I'd expect Levy to negotiate something down and get him.
I don’t think anyone is ‘eager to dump him’....

It is that his transfer fee is (I think?) £35 million. Even if that comes down by £10 million it is still likely to be a large part of our budget and I so t think we can afford to spend that much on our backup striker.

Unless we can extend the loan for a year I'd imagine the fee it would cost to sign him permanent makes it a no go.

The second loan might even suit Benfica if they have him tied down, a good two year spell impressing as our backup might invite a big bid from another Prem team

It is that his transfer fee is (I think?) £35 million. Even if that comes down by £10 million it is still likely to be a large part of our budget and I so t think we can afford to spend that much on our backup striker.
That’s it
I’d welcome him with opens arms of the price was quite a bit lower
It comes down to value ultimately and there is arguably better value out there this summer

The problem is historically we pay £10-15M for a backup that sucks? do that twice, waste two years and Vini is a better option

At £25M we should tear their arm off if we got it. I'd also say @billyiddo's option of second year loan would probably work as well.

The problem is historically we pay £10-15M for a backup that sucks? do that twice, waste two years and Vini is a better option

At £25M we should tear their arm off if we got it. I'd also say @billyiddo's option of second year loan would probably work as well.

If spending 10, 15m a year on temporary backups that don't make the grade helps us spend money on more important starting positions each summer then it could probably be seen as an acceptable loss?

As good as Vini has been he isn't get used that much and if we were in the CL that'd be even less so that needs to be factored in also

Problem is that could well be anywhere between 50% and 100% of our budget. If we’ve got pots to spend then we can buy him... if not then I think we have to be more clever.

How long have we spent looking for a back up to Kane, Jannsen, Llorente and how much did that cost us in transfer fees and wages and it can not be seen as being successful, Vinnie seems to be the best one so far so if we can get the fee down to 25 million it would be a good deal.

How long have we spent looking for a back up to Kane, Jannsen, Llorente and how much did that cost us in transfer fees and wages and it can not be seen as being successful, Vinnie seems to be the best one so far so if we can get the fee down to 25 million it would be a good deal.

Totally agree. My fear is that Vinicius won't want to stay here. Personally I think he's deserved more first team time than Mourinho has given him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he feels the same. (I think not bringing him on against Liverpool or starting him against Brighton were particular man-management mis-steps from Mourinho).

Totally agree. My fear is that Vinicius won't want to stay here. Personally I think he's deserved more first team time than Mourinho has given him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he feels the same. (I think not bringing him on against Liverpool or starting him against Brighton were particular man-management mis-steps from Mourinho).

I must admit i thought he would have been given more time, lets hope he will during the rest of the season.

Back