• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dane Scarlett

And? it is also extremely relevant/important to Scarlett, he gets a debut that sets an age record, feels a PL win and is given a carrot to work even harder for.

Scarlett is going to see Jose Mourinho on tv say he (Jose) needed to give him his debut because he (Scarlett) is going to be someone big, any idea what a self belief boost that could be?

This is like complaining someone gave money to charity for a tax break .. so what? the hungry person who got fed doesn't give a fudge

And? it is also extremely relevant/important to Scarlett, he gets a debut that sets an age record, feels a PL win and is given a carrot to work even harder for.

Scarlett is going to see Jose Mourinho on tv say he (Jose) needed to give him his debut because he (Scarlett) is going to be someone big, any idea what a self belief boost that could be?

This is like complaining someone gave money to charity for a tax break .. so what? the hungry person who got fed doesn't give a fudge
Also, it means that if he gets more than 90 seconds and is required to make a significant contribution it won’t be in his debut. Those nerves will not be there as he’ll already have had that time.

He did not admit it was just about Mourinho.
In the radio interview (and in the article you quoted) he gave three reasons, only one of which was that he wanted to be the one to give Scarlett his first start.
He referenced the benefit for the player and the academy as well.

So pretty disingenuous of you.

He did not admit it was just about Mourinho.
In the radio interview (and in the article you quoted) he gave three reasons, only one of which was that he wanted to be the one to give Scarlett his first start.
He referenced the benefit for the player and the academy as well.

So pretty disingenuous of you.
It would have been leveled as a criticism of Mourinho even if he hadn't mentioned it himself. Just Mourinho being Mourinho and I don't see it as a problem.

He's given a slight amount of game time to a very young player when the opportunity arose. Good.

Not to forget that the other bonus of giving him his debut it tells Vinicius that he’s not guaranteed as backup striker behind Kane.

Not to forget that the other bonus of giving him his debut it tells Vinicius that he’s not guaranteed as backup striker behind Kane.
I think that was already pretty obvious. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

On Dane Scarlett: "He is a diamond, a kid with incredible potential. He has worked many times with the first team and that gives him a different personality. He is still 16, 17 soon and I believe next season he will be a first team squad player because he has a lot of talent. He is going to be a fantastic player and I hope everything around him goes well. He is a striker, a number nine, I have been playing him from the sides similar to Marcus Rashford and is very clever."

I was told by a Villa scout that both him and Etete will be
My worry with Etete is his size.... I mean that because he was very big and strong, very young, and often those players do not develop as much skill and anticipation as they can just blow the opposition away by their size until they get to about 17, 18.

On Dane Scarlett: "He is a diamond, a kid with incredible potential. He has worked many times with the first team and that gives him a different personality. He is still 16, 17 soon and I believe next season he will be a first team squad player because he has a lot of talent. He is going to be a fantastic player and I hope everything around him goes well. He is a striker, a number nine, I have been playing him from the sides similar to Marcus Rashford and is very clever."

Yes, saw that too. It might mean that we re-consider whether we want to shell out cash on Vinicius in the summer, particularly in a window when we might not have that much cash and some urgent priorities.

For example, could we go with Kane, Son, Scarlett and Parrott as CF options next season and not spend a penny on a CF?

If that's not enough, what about finding a Llorente Mk II who, given current financial conditions, you might get for say £5m - £10m.

I wonder whether we need to spent £20m - £25m on a CF who is mid-career (even if Vinicius did play better tonight)

Back