• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

To be honest mate i want US to win EVERY game we play whoever is our manager, jesus i hated ( rent a quote) but i never wish/wanted us to do anything but win.
You like Mourinho more than you like Redknapp? Can I ask for what reasons? Or was rent a quote Sherwood? If so, same question....

Redknapp was a liar and a crook and bent as a nine bob note.
But improved us a lot, smashed through the glass ceiling of CL qualification and did it by having us playing football that was absolutely great to watch.

I lost count of the number of people I met in random Northern cities and towns after away games back then who told us that we were their favourite team to watch and their second team.

Also if I compare Redknapp and Mourinho, I'm not sure Redknapp would ever do what Jose did to that poor female club doctor. Or poke Guardiola in the eye for that matter.... Now they were real despicable acts.

So many people (not all) who make it to that level are odious, but how did you feel about the actual football and the results?

The team was a good one that has been improved on since, i know there are a lot of fans who dislike Levy but " rent a quote" has left most of his clubs in a bad way money wise ( broke) and thankfully Levy was here to stop that happening.

But thankfully he is now history and all this has been mentioned during his time here and i am sure no one wants to bring it up again.

Love him or hate him Redknapp had us playing the best football i have seen a Spurs team play in my lifetime.

But improved us a lot, smashed through the glass ceiling of CL qualification and did it by having us playing football that was absolutely great to watch.

I lost count of the number of people I met in random Northern cities and towns after away games back then who told us that we were their favourite team to watch and their second team.

Also if I compare Redknapp and Mourinho, I'm not sure Redknapp would ever do what Jose did to that poor female club doctor. Or poke Guardiola in the eye for that matter.... Now they were real despicable acts.

It's just another case of being able to separate the individual from their job, isn't it? I'm a huge fan of Stevenson's novels and I read recently that he was a rather sad person but that never prevented me from enjoying his work. It's pretty much the same with a football manager, I'd say. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less if Mourinho does Hitler cosplay in his spare time. I'd rather judge him on the team's performances and results.

Hoddle's comments on disabled people were rather... unfortunate but, quite frankly, the never changed the way I consider him as a player or a manager.

The team was a good one that has been improved on since, i know there are a lot of fans who dislike Levy but " rent a quote" has left most of his clubs in a bad way money wise ( broke) and thankfully Levy was here to stop that happening.

But thankfully he is now history and all this has been mentioned during his time here and i am sure no one wants to bring it up again.
Any manager spends what his chairman allows him to spend.... as they should do... as those same chairman typically sack them the moment things turn a little sour (although not by Danny in Jose's instance it seems.... I suspect there might be £30 million reasons for that)

Look, we are in the final stretch with him unless the gamble pays off. Make no mistake, if we don't win the Europa, he's gone.
I sincerely hope we win the Europa and I sincerely hope he continues to realize the the very players he sought to make examples of/not man-manage in the way they perhaps needed it, are the ones who can win it for him. Bale is a serial winner, we all know this, despite all the rubbish at RM he won it 4 times there and twice by himself; however outside the box his needs are for a manager re: arm around the shoulder, I'd be humping the bastard if it meant he drove us to the sort of match-winning performances he has in him. Dele too in concert.
Here's hoping he continues to go with a looser hand-brake approach, starting against Burnley. I want him to win the Europa as it will mean WE have won a trophy and are back in the CL, where we should be. That shouldn't have to be stetted, but such are the "absolutes" being drawn around here these days, it feels like it needs to be stated.

Look, we are in the final stretch with him unless the gamble pays off. Make no mistake, if we don't win the Europa, he's gone.
I sincerely hope we win the Europa and I sincerely hope he continues to realize the the very players he sought to make examples of/not man-manage in the way they perhaps needed it, are the ones who can win it for him. Bale is a serial winner, we all know this, despite all the rubbish at RM he won it 4 times there and twice by himself; however outside the box his needs are for a manager re: arm around the shoulder, I'd be humping the bastard if it meant he drove us to the sort of match-winning performances he has in him. Dele too in concert.
Here's hoping he continues to go with a looser hand-brake approach, starting against Burnley. I want him to win the Europa as it will mean WE have won a trophy and are back in the CL, where we should be. That shouldn't have to be stetted, but such are the "absolutes" being drawn around here these days, it feels like it needs to be stated.
Do you not believe that the way he has managed bale and dele may be why they have turned the corner (assuming they have)?
I’ll add on the dele front it’s no coincidence that he looks more lively now if he is “fit and healthy... “. I mean unless the rumours I mentioned 6 weeks ago were completely untrue and the sun made up the story this week (like they do).

Do you not believe that the way he has managed bale and dele may be why they have turned the corner (assuming they have)?
I’ll add on the dele front it’s no coincidence that he looks more lively now if he is “fit and healthy... “. I mean unless the rumours I mentioned 6 weeks ago were completely untrue and the sun made up the story this week (like they do).

Dele didn't look any different to the player that played well v Plovdiv in the group stage and I'd argue that was actually a much better all round performance.

If people want to argue there's been a turnaround to justify his absence from the team then they will do but it doesn't really stack up imo

Dele doesn't look any different to the player that played well v Plovdiv in the group stage and I'd argue that was actually a much better all round performance.
I wouldn’t myself
But it’s all about opinions of course
Today he did everything he needed to make mourinho pay attention. That’s all he can do
I’ve said before I couldn’t work out why he was getting pulled so early on some game and that never did make sense to me
But today he showed what he can do even against a poor side. You can only beat what’s in front of you after all

What rumours?

Back