• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

When you consistently overachieve, still don’t get backed by the chairman and then the chairman also doesn’t listen when you tell him you need a painful rebuild I’d imagine most people would rather be elsewhere.

Possibly - although maybe not three or four months after signing a big new contract.

The initial point to which I was replying seemed to indicate that the sackings had no real context. Of course, like most football sackings, there was plenty of that.

Possibly - although maybe not three or four months after signing a big new contract.

The initial point to which I was replying seemed to indicate that the sackings had no real context. Of course, like most football sackings, there was plenty of that.
What is the context right now that doesn’t see Jose sacked?

One for overseeing a league slump as a result of him taking his eye off the ball because he thought he was going to get the England job; while the other had us 14th, playing some awful stuff, and gave the impression by the end that he’d rather be anywhere else on earth than managing us.
The same impression Mourhino is giving now (imo).
Looks like he couldn't care less. Not even getting angry anymore.

One for overseeing a league slump as a result of him taking his eye off the ball because he thought he was going to get the England job; while the other had us 14th, playing some awful stuff, and gave the impression by the end that he’d rather be anywhere else on earth than managing us.
I would have thought a manager of Jose Mourinho’s calibre struggling to make anything with this team despite refreshing the squad would actually underline how good a job Poch was doing was until his squad went stale. It is an interesting example of “doublethink” on this board to blame the squad when Jose struggles but the manager when Poch struggled.

I would have thought a manager of Jose Mourinho’s calibre struggling to make anything with this team despite refreshing the squad would actually underline how good a job Poch was doing was until his squad went stale. It is an interesting example of “doublethink” on this board to blame the squad when Jose struggles but the manager when Poch struggled.
That’s because Jose has won trophies. Poch as not (other than that thing w psg the other day). But Poch won waaaaay more Tottenham hearts than Jose ever will.

Is it possible that the squad which deteriorated under Poch has not only continued on that trajectory but speed up making comparisons not completely fair.

Didn't help that Jose was hated far more than Pochettino was on resumption.
And the reason why is that Jose, despite his trophy haul, is pretty undeniably an odious man. He picks fights with people in weaker positions with him (players, club doctors), he gouges the eyes of opposing coaching teams, he throws anyone under the bus rather than taking blame. And he has us in 9th, yet still says he's the best coach in the world.

Well daniel is going to be rolling some pretty big dices in his office. Because our best bet of making europa league next season is by a league placement and that looks more unlikely by the weak(week) if we do not make the europa league we will lose 15m in tv money and the gate receipts from extra match day revenue. As brick as the Europa league is the will be pent up demand for going to football matches again. Could conceivably be a scenario where not making europa league would cost us 25m plus in lost revenue.

We are not beating city in the league cup final and I would not be backing us to win the europa league and get qualification to next seasons champs league, time to sack him and aim for 6th in the league.

Didn't help that Jose was hated far more than Pochettino was on resumption.

No, that's nothing to do with it. I loathed the idea of Mourinho coming, just don't like him. Jose was though doing ok and I was sucking it up and enjoying the big wins early on. Then he started to park the bus, the performances fell away and so many fans perseverance with it.
But our current poor form is down to the manager.

And the reason why is that Jose, despite his trophy haul, is pretty undeniably an odious man. He picks fights with people in weaker positions with him (players, club doctors), he gouges the eyes of opposing coaching teams, he throws anyone under the bus rather than taking blame. And he has us in 9th, yet still says he's the best coach in the world.

He has personality clashes with some people. There are players, coaches and club staff who absolutely adore the guy. Ditto there are people who dislike him. Even Jesus Christ had enemies. He is not the first manager to clash with medical staff. IIRC Pep clashed with medical staff at Bayern. I am sure that Santi Cazorla doesn't send Christmas cards to the medical staff that used to be at Arsenal.

I don't see him as odious. A club's position in the league is not solely based on manager personality or ability. There are other factors. Personally to me, I am fine with giving him this season to continue building. However that decision is up to Levy who I hope understands the media campaign against Jose.

He has personality clashes with some people. There are players, coaches and club staff who absolutely adore the guy. Ditto there are people who dislike him. Even Jesus Christ had enemies. He is not the first manager to clash with medical staff. IIRC Pep clashed with medical staff at Bayern. I am sure that Santi Cazorla doesn't send Christmas cards to the medical staff that used to be at Arsenal.

I don't see him as odious. A club's position in the league is not solely based on manager personality or ability. There are other factors. Personally to me, I am fine with giving him this season to continue building. However that decision is up to Levy who I hope understands the media campaign against Jose.

Mate, he's the media villain of the PL if not European football, the problem is the narrative is now what people believe

I've seen nothing in his time at Spurs that is the "caricature villain" he's made out to be, maybe he was genuinely awful in other clubs (I don't pay enough attention to other managers outside of highlight reel nonsense they all do)

Is he the right man for the job, are the results good enough = fair questions that Levy needs to answer.

Is he this horrible human being that does all the things people have accused him of in this thread and others? = bit of flimflam

This current group need organising and coaching.
They looked more than capable on Sunday and should have taken all the points.
Above all else we must remove the fear from the team!

This current group need organising and coaching.
They looked more than capable on Sunday and should have taken all the points.
Above all else we must remove the fear from the team!
You can’t remove the fear from that defence without changing the reason behind their failings
And it’s not the coach making players make basic errors... as I’ve said a lot, we’re conceding when we’re not even under pressure and in yesterday’s case even had twice as many players as they did in the area around the ball.
It’s genuine incompetence and confidence combined.

You can’t remove the fear from that defence without changing the reason behind their failings
And it’s not the coach making players make basic errors... as I’ve said a lot, we’re conceding when we’re not even under pressure and in yesterday’s case even had twice as many players as they did in the area around the ball.
It’s genuine incompetence and confidence combined.

Well let’s get rid of the reason for lack of confidence and start from there.

Back