• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Today didn't prove or disprove anything regarding Dele however it did nothing to forward the argument that he should be starting. At the same time neither did Lamela and Moura who did start. [emoji38][emoji52]

I agree.

Hard to take anything in that sort of time - that's why it's so laughable to see people piling in on him and why i said he needed to come on at half time. Players likeMoura running in to blind alleys or playing safe passes all game is why we have 20+ shots or whatever it is and not a single noteworthy chance to show for it.

Last edited:
You're just another supporter who has already made their minds up and any action that supports your bias will be used as proof.

Ten minutes in a game we didn't create a meaningful chance in and people cry that he tried flick or didn't chase back one time.

He tried several flicks got bullied far too easily off the ball and jogged back

Not good enough and I was a huge Dele fan and Im gutted at how he’s turned out so if that remark about bias is aimed at me you’re out of order!

He tried several flicks got bullied far too easily off the ball and jogged back

Not good enough and I was a huge Dele fan and Im gutted at how he’s turned out so if that remark about bias is aimed at me you’re out of order!

Calling it how i see it

The failed flick when he was on the edge of their box was infuriating. Maybe it’s part of “The Fear™️“ that @thfcsteff talks about. The intelligent thing to have done would have been to control the ball and invite a challenge. But no, he flicked.

He did that earlier. He knitted a lot of tight possession on the edges of the box. He tried a flick that failed (I groaned too). If that is going to get him pelters over everything else, then the game is lost and so are we.

The failed flick when he was on the edge of their box was infuriating. Maybe it’s part of “The Fear™️“ that @thfcsteff talks about. The intelligent thing to have done would have been to control the ball and invite a challenge. But no, he flicked.

I got absolutely crucified on here when i moaned about his stupid tricks and flicks a couple of seasons ago when his form started to turn sour.

I genuinely think the boy hasn’t got it in him to turn it around. Could well have peaked already.

I got absolutely crucified on here when i moaned about his stupid tricks and flicks a couple of seasons ago when his form started to turn sour.

I genuinely think the boy hasn’t got him in it to turn it around. Could well have peaked already.
Maybe, maybe not. I do wonder if his moves into the fashion industry has distracted his focus somewhat.

But to complain about the flicks etc I just don’t understand. You see the brilliance of his touches when they come off, and yes there is a time and a place for them but you need a couple of midfielders who take risks and don’t play the percentages all the time in order to create. Just have to accept sometimes they come off and sometimes they don’t, and in his short cameo today they didn’t which goes with the luck we had today. But I’d hazard a guess that if persevered with his tricks and flicks would benefit us a hell of a lot more than they cost us....

I think it's the opposite tbh mate, the fear will be what stops players trying the flicks, what makes them take the safe option. Dele apparently will keep trying them - and so will be got rid of if Jose stays - but the others have seen the punishment so will have it squashed out of them.

Whether you think that's a good thing or not I guess depends on what you want to watch.

The answer is “wild shot over the bar from a dangerous position.” At least 3 players did that, squandering really good opportunities.

Only real good opportunity i can recall is the one where Kane delayed playing a cross in to one of our players in the middle - mind you i was about 3 Bloody Marys deep by the second half

Today didn't prove or disprove anything regarding Dele however it did nothing to forward the argument that he should be starting. At the same time neither did Lamela and Moura who did start. [emoji38][emoji52]

Agree re Dele, once again did nothing to claim a spot, disagree with the other two

Lamela did one of the best solo runs of any player (shook off at least 3 West Ham players fouling him) this season, delivered a perfect pass to Kane who put it in row Z, Lucas scored, and both of them got into positions way more.

This isn't a who is better, this is who is taking their moments, based on today, Lucas and Lamela will play again, Dele?

Maybe, maybe not. I do wonder if his moves into the fashion industry has distracted his focus somewhat.

But to complain about the flicks etc I just don’t understand. You see the brilliance of his touches when they come off, and yes there is a time and a place for them but you need a couple of midfielders who take risks and don’t play the percentages all the time in order to create. Just have to accept sometimes they come off and sometimes they don’t, and in his short cameo today they didn’t which goes with the luck we had today. But I’d hazard a guess that if persevered with his tricks and flicks would benefit us a hell of a lot more than they cost us....

Lets be honest here 85% of his "tricks" do not come off and it gives away possession needlessly. He does tricks when the simple pass is on, there is a time and a place for tricks and he has no idea when that is.

So the 1 successful trick / flick out of 10 is ok with you guys? i know 100% if that was Lucas trying this and losing it this forum would go into meltdown.

A trick when you are 4-0 up and cruising or if you are in a position where you are likely to lose the ball anyway by all means give it ago but not at important times in a match.

"what's he doing trying a flick in injury time a goal down?"

Some of you have been so poisoned by Mourinho's bag of brick you don't even remember football.

1 little flick which was more of an outside of the foot pass rather than a flick doesn't account for all the other times he has fudged them up.

So the 1 successful trick / flick out of 10 is ok with you guys? i know 400% if that was Lucas trying this and losing it this forum would go into meltdown.

A trick when you are 4-0 up and cruising or if you are in a position where you are likely to lose the ball anyway by all means give it ago but not at important times in a match.

Lucas losses the ball many many more times through brick passing or ineffective dribbling - why does the flick mean more to you?

So the 1 successful trick / flick out of 10 is ok with you guys? i know 400% if that was Lucas trying this and losing it this forum would go into meltdown.

Wasting your time mate, somehow Dele is still the player he was 3 years ago and it's mean old Jose holding him back from being our saviour

Stick to the agreed set of spacegoats, and oh yes .. manager out.

Lets be honest here 85% of his "tricks" do not come off and it gives away possession needlessly. He does tricks when the simple pass is on, there is a time and a place for tricks and he has no idea when that is.

1 little flick which was more of an outside of the foot pass rather than a flick doesn't account for all the other times he has fudged them up.

This is growing up on the George Graham era can do to you.
Audere est Facere my arse.

Can’t he have had a mixed game?
He came on and done some decent stuff
He covered a few times
He did a silly flick without knowing where his team mates were
He was on for 15 minutes ...
I mean he didn’t change the world but he didnt do anything much wrong other than that flick
Yeah he could maybe do more as we have seen before but I’ve also seen him play worse
Today was just a step in the right direction

Back