• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Canning Town Bingo Club ****

He knitted together some fine possession/chances in and around the box, won a free-kick in a dangerous position and tried one flick that didn't come off. Typically, that is what most (not you per se) are talking about.

He was up and down, but I agree, that last (admittedly stupid) flick is what people are remembering. Before that he played Son in with an adept touch and turn, so I can't be too harsh with that last one that didn't come off.

Good to see all the drama team is out .. tough game to judge

- West Ham first goal was a clear foul and card on Reguilon in build up
- Dier was poor again in both goals
- Ref affected the game with a bunch of soft yellows for us in first half
- I'd assume that's why Lamela came off, due to worry about the card
- Bale changed the game in 2nd half
- Harry/Son on a better day would have won this for us easily, both had chances, Son needs a rest.
- Dele was not effective
- Ndombele is a bit wasted so deep

Funny what people ask for, we had all the possession today, plenty of shots, plenty of touches in opposition box I'm sure and lost to a team who hit us early in each half and sat back very disciplined.

Our form is atrocious, I'm just not sure we are playing that badly (our defence still bad)

Positive of the game = Bale .. play like that every week please

There he is. "Drama team" LOL. Sigh.

It is very simple. This manager needs to start trying to win games with his best players and with the ball.

I am glad 5 league defeats in 6 doesn't concern you.

I really don't think this squad is as bad as some posters make out. Certainly not from an attacking point of view. I think supporters of other teams would kill to have our attacking options. The defence needs work but we shouldn't be as low as we are in the league. But I wouldn't advocate getting rid of Jose now. Not while we are still in the cup s.
The problem is Mourinho still seems to be traumatised by the last PL game when he took the handbrake off, and Spammers completed the most unlikely of comebacks from 3-0 down.

Hopefully he’ll realise that our defence is brick whether we park the bus or go gung-ho, so we’ll probably drop fewer points trying to outscore teams than trying to keep clean sheets when at least one of Dier, Sanchez and Lloris is liable to dropping a clanger most games.

He knitted together some fine possession/chances in and around the box, won a free-kick in a dangerous position and tried one flick that didn't come off. Typically, that is what most (not you per se) are talking about.

He came on with 15 mins left. Its very very hard to have an impact and get into the game in those circumstances. The flick was poor but that's what you get with Dele. Look at the incredible flick he did at West Ham last year.

When Jose came in, this lad was banging in goals. He's a massive, massive talent. We have Bergwijn, Lamela and Moura getting game time over him and they aren't in the same league. And their respective records prove it. Dele Alli is being mismanaged badly.

The problem is Mourinho still seems to be traumatised by the last PL game when he took the handbrake off, and Spammers completed the most unlikely of comebacks from 3-0 down.

Hopefully he’ll realise that our defence is brick whether we park the bus or go gung-ho, so we’ll probably drop fewer points trying to outscore teams than trying to keep clean sheets when at least one of Dier, Sanchez and Lloris is liable to dropping a clanger most games.

But this doesnt explain why we dont have any plans when we DO have the ball. We simply rely on our decent players to conjure something up. Against weak teams, that will work but against any team in the top half, its not enough.

Good to see all the drama team is out .. tough game to judge

- West Ham first goal was a clear foul and card on Reguilon in build up
- Dier was poor again in both goals
- Ref affected the game with a bunch of soft yellows for us in first half
- I'd assume that's why Lamela came off, due to worry about the card
- Bale changed the game in 2nd half
- Harry/Son on a better day would have won this for us easily, both had chances, Son needs a rest.
- Dele was not effective
- Ndombele is a bit wasted so deep

Funny what people ask for, we had all the possession today, plenty of shots, plenty of touches in opposition box I'm sure and lost to a team who hit us early in each half and sat back very disciplined.

Our form is atrocious, I'm just not sure we are playing that badly (our defence still bad)

Positive of the game = Bale .. play like that every week please

Excellent summation. One thing you missed. How atrocious was our shooting. Every one off target. Most lean back and blaze over the bar. Appalling technique from Son, Lucas, Dier who all had really good opportunities - and Kane would have had a hattrick on another day.

@SkySportsStatto:

Tottenham's 13 shots off target v West Ham is their most in 61 @premierleague matches

Not had more in a @premierleague game in over 4 years

❌❌

7C726C70-665B-4C8F-9E76-AA87DEE066E0.jpeg 1609EBEF-1D67-469D-9D2E-466014DE1930.jpeg

Last edited:

You think he hasn’t realised we can’t defend?

He was up and down, but I agree, that last (admittedly stupid) flick is what people are remembering. Before that he played Son in with an adept touch and turn, so I can't be too harsh with that last one that didn't come off.
My missus watched the game with me
Her exact words.... who was that player with the stupid flick... he didn’t know where anyone was.

I thought we played well, particularly on the back of an away game in Eastern Europe midweek and really should have won.
Bad goals from our view as usual.
West Ham are a solid team on good form, us less so at the moment. With better finishing we'd have won deservedly, it was their turn to have good fortune on their side.

But this doesnt explain why we dont have any plans when we DO have the ball. We simply rely on our decent players to conjure something up. Against weak teams, that will work but against any team in the top half, its not enough.

No plans yet we just had the most shots in a game in 4 seasons. The comments you are making are based on what you want to see. Players wasted opportunities today which means chances are being created. What more do you want from an attacking plan?

I was struck by two similarities in our games against Wet Spam this season. We let them back into the game when a ball sent across our 6 yard box was turned into his own goal by Sanchez. Today, a virtually identical ball across from Kane resulted in a miraculous clearance from their defender.

Similarity, Bales wonder strike clipped the crossbar while Lanzinis's wonder strike was in the one place Lloris couldn't get to.

Fine margins. But 6 more points for us and 4 less for them and the season takes on an entirely different complexion.

I was struck by two similarities in our games against Wet Spam this season. We let them back into the game when a ball sent across our 6 yard box was turned into his own goal by Sanchez. Today, a virtually identical ball across from Kane resulted in a miraculous clearance from their defender.

Similarity, Bales wonder strike clipped the crossbar while Lanzinis's wonder strike was in the one place Lloris couldn't get to.

Fine margins. But 6 more points for us and 4 less for them and the season takes on an entirely different complexion.
It was however if Kane had passed it more accurately Dele would have got the ball first instead it went past him and Rice cleared. I still can't believe we didn't score there.

Back