• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

seems to a fair amount of judging going on, as I mentioned the other day a friend of ours has had it, I can't believe the gossip my wife is showing me from whatsapp groups, "why did she get it, should have gone to a teacher or a nurse, etc etc", from what I can tell she's effectively a British Jack Bauer, damn right she got the jab imo

any reduction in the surface area susceptible to infection benefits us all

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s the “look at me I’ve blagged a jab” impression that irritates people as we all have somebody more worthy waiting for theirs.

So better just to keep quiet if you are not in a priority group.

A mate in his 30's had the jab the other day and when word got out people are constantly asking how he blagged it etc. Turns out he has a minor heart condition that only his close family and friends knew about. I suppose he should have told everyone to mind their own business but now everyone knows about his heart condition. Not sure it really bothers him too much but he kept it quiet until now so probably wasn't that comfortable with everyone knowing.

Just had mine, slick operation. In the chair for less than a minute, arm felt cold for a few minutes after but no other side effects. Saw about 100 people there and I'd say about half were under 40 - like @dingdongo said probably loads of people with things they've never told anyone about.

My partner had OX/AZ jab last weekend . Works in social care so was given one. She was pretty ill for 3/4 days. Fever and aches and bad stomach. Came on about 10/12 hours after.

Worth it in the long run. Couple of people I know been pretty rough afterwards. Anyone else had any issues ?

My partner had OX/AZ jab last weekend . Works in social care so was given one. She was pretty ill for 3/4 days. Fever and aches and bad stomach. Came on about 10/12 hours after.

Worth it in the long run. Couple of people I know been pretty rough afterwards. Anyone else had any issues ?

Yeah, our neighbours (both early 70s) reported fever and chills, and generally feeling under the weather for 48 hours. Not that they were complaining - they were both very pleased to have had it.

I'm 50 and a Type 1 diabetic. Haven't heard anything yet - have fingers crossed that I get my invite early next week. Will give me two weeks before I'm probably back in the (non-virtual) classroom.

Today’s released figures from around Europe for covid deaths:

UK 533
Italy 348
Poland 241
Romania 79
Germany 67
Portugal 67
Netherlands 49
Belgium 28
Latvia 12
Denmark 8
Switzerland 4
Belgium 4

So all back on the 8th then

It would be "reckless" to bring back all pupils in England to school together on 8 March, says a joint statement by teachers' unions.

Rather than risk another "spike" in infections, they are calling for a more "cautious" and "phased" return.

Nine teachers and head teachers' unions have urged the government to commit to that date only if the scientific evidence is clear that it is safe.

The prime minister is due to announce the plan for reopening schools on Monday.

The collective statement from education unions says they are committed to bringing children back into the classroom as soon as possible - but have concerns it may lead to another surge in the virus.

They say they are "increasingly concerned that the government is minded to order a full return of all pupils on Monday 8 March" - the government's target for opening schools

So all back on the 8th then

It would be "reckless" to bring back all pupils in England to school together on 8 March, says a joint statement by teachers' unions.

Rather than risk another "spike" in infections, they are calling for a more "cautious" and "phased" return.

Nine teachers and head teachers' unions have urged the government to commit to that date only if the scientific evidence is clear that it is safe.

The prime minister is due to announce the plan for reopening schools on Monday.

The collective statement from education unions says they are committed to bringing children back into the classroom as soon as possible - but have concerns it may lead to another surge in the virus.

They say they are "increasingly concerned that the government is minded to order a full return of all pupils on Monday 8 March" - the government's target for opening schools

Seems that the Chief Medical Officer doesn’t think it’s a great idea either.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...-of-schools-in-england?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Nor do the governments in Scotland, Wales and N Ireland, who have all legislated for staggered returns.

I’m sure the PM is right, though. It’s not as if he’s got any other major decisions wrong lately...and, of course, the virus behaves differently in England.

Yeah, our neighbours (both early 70s) reported fever and chills, and generally feeling under the weather for 48 hours. Not that they were complaining - they were both very pleased to have had it.

I'm 50 and a Type 1 diabetic. Haven't heard anything yet - have fingers crossed that I get my invite early next week. Will give me two weeks before I'm probably back in the (non-virtual) classroom.

I’m sure won’t be long before you get the shout. They are moving it along quickly. Yes my partner is pleased to have it also. The few days Ill was worth it in her eyes.

Was told today that any reaction is a good thing as it shows the immunity is developing

Sounds like they threw a hissy fit over the production issues then took to the airwaves to slag it off and now they can't even use the does they've got. Macron telling everyone it's quasi effective isn't exactly going to persuade people to take it.
Yup, looks like they’ve shot the selves in the foot with their unfounded criticism of AstraZeneca vaccine.

Just to rub salt in their wounds, the latest data on the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine from Israel is showing that JCVI’s decision to space apart the 1st and 2nd doses by 12 weeks is looking like the correct one.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...biontech-shot-gives-85-covid-protection-study

26E24939-1558-4F14-897F-911EE6B6A786.jpeg

Was told today that any reaction is a good thing as it shows the immunity is developing
Yes that’s what I was thinking. It must be immune system kicking in. I know quite a few people who have had the jab . It tends to be younger people who get stronger side effects. My Dad and Grandad were fine no reaction. My partner and couple of friends all in 30s were all pretty ill. Maybe does show a stronger immune response in younger people.

Back