• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Understand what about him?
His lack of game time here is the same as his last club
It’s not about the club or manager ... it’s about bale

Maybe, maybe not. Seems an overly simplistic take on things to me. But none of us get to see anything that goes on behind the scenes, so extremely hard to say. So don’t understand why people are always so certain in their opinions on here. Maybe it’s just a writing style thing.

He at least looked engaged when he came on against City
Maybe, just maybe he might start coming out and playing as we know he can starting tonight

Maybe, maybe not. Seems an overly simplistic take on things to me. But none of us get to see anything that goes on behind the scenes, so extremely hard to say. So don’t understand why people are always so certain in their opinions on here. Maybe it’s just a writing style thing.
I guess having so long with two managers not starting him says a lot to me

my issue is that some players get treated with A different standard to others

Last edited:
So it’s just coincidence that Zidane was happy not to use him, Real were happy to get rid of him paying at least half of his wages still, Mourinho hasn’t fancied playing him in any games of importance, he hasn’t showed any desire to work off the ball when on the pitch, hasn’t exactly done much on the ball etc etc And I say this as someone who was dead excited to have him back, probably my favourite Spurs player to date. But it is on him, and I don’t buy the ‘he needs to feel appreciated’ theory either. Someone who reaches a level of being one of the best players in the world has to be extremely tough mentally and thick skinned, his desire just doesn’t seem to be what it was.....

So it’s just coincidence that Zidane was happy not to use him, Real were happy to get rid of him paying at least half of his wages still, Mourinho hasn’t fancied playing him in any games of importance, he hasn’t showed any desire to work off the ball when on the pitch, hasn’t exactly done much on the ball etc etc And I say this as someone who was dead excited to have him back, probably my favourite Spurs player to date. But it is on him, and I don’t buy the ‘he needs to feel appreciated’ theory either. Someone who reaches a level of being one of the best players in the world has to be extremely tough mentally and thick skinned, his desire just doesn’t seem to be what it was.....

I could apply your exact same logic against you though - someone who reaches a level of being one of the best players in the world has to be extremely driven and full of desire. So for me the question is: why has he lost that drive or desire?

(Personally I'm not trying to defend Bale, just interested in why he might have lost his drive / desire, and wondering whether Mourinho could have tried a different approach to managing him in order to get the best out of him).

I could apply your exact same logic against you though - someone who reaches a level of being one of the best players in the world has to be extremely driven and full of desire. So for me the question is: why has he lost that drive or desire?

(Personally I'm not trying to defend Bale, just interested in why he might have lost his drive / desire, and wondering whether Mourinho could have tried a different approach to managing him in order to get the best out of him).
I don’t think there’s any particular reason why he has lost his desire, it’s pretty natural at his stage. It’s why what Ronaldo and Messi have done is ridiculous, they didn’t just reach the top they stayed there year after year after year. Bale peaked and his injuries have caught up with him and I don’t particularly blame him for not pushing himself further. Let’s just hope he can at least get to a level good enough that he is a threat in PL games for the rest of this season....

I don’t think there’s any particular reason why he has lost his desire, it’s pretty natural at his stage. It’s why what Ronaldo and Messi have done is ridiculous, they didn’t just reach the top they stayed there year after year after year. Bale peaked and his injuries have caught up with him and I don’t particularly blame him for not pushing himself further. Let’s just hope he can at least get to a level good enough that he is a threat in PL games for the rest of this season....
Also, I'll bet Ronnie and Messi are rubbish at golf. Too busy 'playing' football to put any time in.

The dribbling run and shot against Emirates Marketing Project reminded us of the old Bale. Too bad the shot was saved as it would have really lifted everyone if Bale had scored that. It shows Bale still have the skills but lacks the desire to show it often nowadays. He just seems too relaxed all the time now, unlike the old Bale.

That was a lovely goal, pointed into the space, turned a defender and smashed it in. Much more like the old Bale.

Lets hope he can replicate his last goal against the spammers.

I would like Bale to start against Spammers. We are going to have to play Dougherty and he seems to have struck up a good relationship with him.

I would also like to see Dele start and Moura come on at half time or sixty minutes to really run at them.

It is clear Toby and Dier are Mourinho's first choice CBs and to allow Dougherty to get forward, in the absence of Reggi, I would play Davies and revert to the wonky with perhaps Sissoko covering Dougherty as he did for Aurier. If Mourinho is feeling bold (unlikely I suspect) then I would have Dele for Sissoko in a more advanced role. So my starting lineup would be:

........................Lloris............................

Dougherty ....Toby...Dier.....Davies

........Sissoko/Dele.....PEH.....NDombele

....Bale..........Kane.....Son

Its the 21st so a 2-1 win would do nicely.

I would like Bale to start against Spammers. We are going to have to play Dougherty and he seems to have struck up a good relationship with him.

I would also like to see Dele start and Moura come on at half time or sixty minutes to really run at them.

It is clear Toby and Dier are Mourinho's first choice CBs and to allow Dougherty to get forward, in the absence of Reggi, I would play Davies and revert to the wonky with perhaps Sissoko covering Dougherty as he did for Aurier. If Mourinho is feeling bold (unlikely I suspect) then I would have Dele for Sissoko in a more advanced role. So my starting lineup would be:

I did think that despite getting some negative feedback D’oh erty did contribute by releasing Bale at the right time ahead of his two goal contributions. The challenge we sometimes have with the likes of Bale, Dele and Son is that they aren’t going to go looking for the ball but when they find space it needs someone releasing the ball at the right time. If we have all 3 playing, Kane dropping deep and ndombele and PEH releasing the ball we could play some really good stuff. Just a little risk with the off the ball work I guess.

Last edited:

brick OMT

Back