• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT - Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

It actually wasn't that bad a game, minus the pelanty City (in form City) didn't have a shot on target in first 45 mins, even at 3-0 I think it was 3 shots on target (too lazy to look up final stats)

Midfield wasn't completely overrun as it has been in some of our poor performances this year, tough game against a good opponent undone by individual mistakes .. again

Modern pelanty (just PEH being clumsy), Lloris being beaten at near post and Sanchez being taken apart and bullied from a long ball.

Yes, everyone thinks the world is falling, yes, it's been a particularly brick run of results but the nature of this season is somehow we are still 4 points off CL and have already played City, Pool and Chelsea twice ..

The next couple of weeks matter, would be a big boost if we could get Reguilon and Aurier back into side as well.
Spot on for me. I think we all knew that if they got the first goal it would be an incredibly difficult game to get anything from. This City team is the only one showing real title winning performances now and they showed it again.

Thought we kept fighting, even at 3-0 down with minutes left we didn't just resign and give up. That was good to see.

It actually wasn't that bad a game, minus the pelanty City (in form City) didn't have a shot on target in first 45 mins, even at 3-0 I think it was 3 shots on target (too lazy to look up final stats)

Midfield wasn't completely overrun as it has been in some of our poor performances this year, tough game against a good opponent undone by individual mistakes .. again

Modern pelanty (just PEH being clumsy), Lloris being beaten at near post and Sanchez being taken apart and bullied from a long ball.

Yes, everyone thinks the world is falling, yes, it's been a particularly brick run of results but the nature of this season is somehow we are still 4 points off CL and have already played City, Pool and Chelsea twice ..

The next couple of weeks matter, would be a big boost if we could get Reguilon and Aurier back into side as well.
Common football wisdom has observed that Pep has done a fab job adjusting to covid football. It looked to me like Emirates Marketing Project played like a team conserving energy. They did what they had to do. If we had offered more they would have expended more energy.

Common football wisdom has observed that Pep has done a fab job adjusting to covid football. It looked to me like Emirates Marketing Project played like a team conserving energy. They did what they had to do. If we had offered more they would have expended more energy.
Or just brought on more £50m players to see out the game

I disagree, could they have pushed harder? = absolutely, at 70 odd minutes to have your only shots on target being a modern penalty, a shot from outside the box and a long ball from your keeper? no way I believe that was Pep's plan/strategy.

Or just brought on more £50m players to see out the game
Indeed, just look at the embarrassment of riches that Guardiola had to choose from on his subs bench:

Kyle Walker who remains Spurs most dominant RB in decades whilst we have Matt Doherty who can’t even displace his replacement’s understudy.

Dias who was probably our first choice to replace Vertonghen at LCB; whilst we have Alderweireld who even €iteh couldn’t be bothered to spend £25m on a couple of summers ago to replace Kompany, as they knew he was well past it.

Mahrez who continues to score 1 in 3 from flanks whilst we’re still trying to figure out whether Bale is even 40% of the player we sold.

Mendy who cost a world record £52m and would surely offer more as LB than Davies.

Indeed, just look at the embarrassment of riches that Guardiola had to choose from on his subs bench:

Kyle Walker who remains Spurs most dominant RB in decades whilst we have Matt Doherty who can’t even displace his replacement’s understudy.

Dias who was probably our first choice to replace Vertonghen at LCB; whilst we have Alderweireld who even €iteh couldn’t be bothered to spend £25m on a couple of summers ago to replace Kompany, as they knew he was well past it.

Mahrez who continues to score 1 in 3 from flanks whilst we’re still trying to figure out whether Bale is even 40% of the player we sold.

Mendy who cost a world record £52m and would surely offer more as LB than Davies.
It’s a scarily big group of riches... but apparently it’s all down to peps coaching...

Disappointed with the performance and result but not really surprised. As soon as I saw us starting Dier and Sanchez in defence, knew we would lose this match. Not sure what Mourinho was thinking starting 2 error-prone defenders together against an in-form team like Emirates Marketing Project. It was a stupid penalty to conceded by Hojbjerg. After conceding the penalty against Everton earlier, he should have been more careful near our goal area. Lloris too should have done better with the penalty and the second goal as the shots were straight at him. Kane was unlucky to hit the post from the freekick early in the match. But apparently it was the 37th time Kane has taken a direct freekick without scoring since scoring against Villa 7 years ago. Not sure why Kane continues to take freekicks despite being unable to score from them !

Back