• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

Let them have Bale back for sure but we must do all we can to keep Reggie.
I think their priorities lie elsewhere
They have just given another leg back youth player games and there loving him
Theh also have Zidanes son there and Gutierrez coming through

Last edited:
I'm not saying "I told you so" but Reggie was sprinting around like a lunatic in his last games, trying to be striker and last man and winger and midfield and I felt that he was right on course to get a pull/strain.

Kane did likewise last year, chasing around up top, then chasing back 70 yards to defend, hamstrings bulging in the wind, then he gets a strain.

Likewise Son, after the 120 minutes efforts vs Everton he was sprinting up and down and up and down against City, even in the last 5 mins with the game lost. Silly amounts of sprints for a top pro, I fully expect Son to get a pull/strain next.

I miss seeing his crosses into dangerous areas. Why can't any of our other full backs cross like him.
Crossing is in one way a fairly limited skill (how do you strike the ball in those situations.

The effects of how well a player crosses is a result of a whole host of factors. Close control, getting into the right areas, speed, stamina, composure, dribbling, wider team play etc.

Reguilon is a very good crosser for me, but not all that much better than our other full backs. He's much better at some of those other attributes though and that makes him a greater threat.

Crossing is in one way a fairly limited skill (how do you strike the ball in those situations.

The effects of how well a player crosses is a result of a whole host of factors. Close control, getting into the right areas, speed, stamina, composure, dribbling, wider team play etc.

Reguilon is a very good crosser for me, but not all that much better than our other full backs. He's much better at some of those other attributes though and that makes him a greater threat.
Nah his crossing technique and accuracy is levels above Davies and Aurier. Aurier can hit a good cross but he's fairly hit and miss with it hes just as likely to hit it to low and they tend not have much bend on them making it harder to beat the defensive line.

Reguillion gets great shape on his crosses allowing him to bend them around defenders and of course he's really good crossing with his weaker right foot as well.

Davies is an awful crosser of the ball, they technically look good, he gets good bend but he has no accuracy at all.

I disagree
Davies passing in attacking situations has regressed massively (one season he had the best stats in the league for ANY defender)... he passes the ball like a bomb and his crosses are so rare now
Aurier crosses frequently but a lot of time it’s to an area to be attacked rather than to a man which is why he gets defended better
I’d argue that reggie is more selective (too much for more liking) around when to cross and will use both feet too. It’s a stand out quality and as we have seen with pool, quality deliveries can lead to goals

Suppose we just see things differently.

To me Reguilon does deliver quality crossing at a higher level than the others, but I think a big factor in that are down to other qualities than just technical ability in striking the ball in those situations. He's not at the very top level of crossing imo.

He could also be a better technical crosser than the others of course, I hope you're right. And it's something he probably can develop further.

I’d argue that reggie is more selective (too much for more liking) around when to cross and will use both feet too.

Being more selective I agree with, I think that's a very good thing. Other attributes than pure crossing ability means that he can be more selective.

Crosses are great, well, good crosses are great in when the situation is right for a cross. That's part of what Reguilon gets right. Crossing because you got no other options and you're just hoping to find someone by chance is not so great.

Who's Johnny Anonymous in the background? And why are we seeing him and not a first stringer like Kane-Son-PEH in that background?
The clip was focusing on Reggie so we can't see who all of them are but Son is there for sure, also Bale, Dele, Rodon, Doherty and I think Dier.

So it's basically the first team squad!

Last edited:
Back