• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

It’s easy when your twice the size of everyone else
It’s gonna happen where with city soon

Reminds me of when Fergie could afford to keep breaking the British transfer record seemingly every summer as he cherry picked the best players from almost every other club in the land to ensure they couldn’t threaten ManUre’s dominance.

Reminds me of when Fergie could afford to keep breaking the British transfer record seemingly every summer as he cherry picked the best players from almost every other club in the land to ensure they couldn’t threaten ManUre’s dominance.
City will spend £150m a summer now and not sweat
They can afford to write off more than most clubs spend

Here is a huge list of players who are either free this summer and (if from an overseas club) could already be signed on a pre-contract deal or players that will have 12 months to go on their contracts this summer so could be ripe pickings for a cut price transfer deal. I'm trying to concentrate on potentially 'gettable' players so ignoring the likes of Mbappe, Neymar, Varane and Fati).

Also worth mentioning that the French clubs are likely to be desperate for money this summer with their TV deal collapsing combined with their clubs having no attendance income this last year. There will be a lot of French clubs needing to offload players just to lose the wages off their expenditure.

The ones I would concentrate on:

GK: Maignan. Would fight Lloris for number 1 spot immediately. Massive upgrade on Gazzaniga/Hart. Hart can stay as third choice seeing as he is home grown.
CB: We absolutely need two (at least!). I'd love Ginter and Milenkovic. Orban would be a good alternative shout or Schar if we're really cash strapped. Dier and Sanchez can make way.
DM: Either Soumare or Zakaira would be brilliant replacements in the squad for Sissoko. Zaikara would start for us right now. Soumare might need a year but has a very high ceiling.
CM: Camvinga would be a dream. He is only 18 but I think this summer will be our last ever chance to get him. Sabitzer would be a brilliant signing, Tolisso also. Any one of these allows us to jettison Lamela and also not have to worry too much about Lo Celso injuries.
WF: Deepay on a free would be awesome. Thuavin another very good freebie signing. Moura could make way.
CF: Marega on a free gives us an option as a backup striker without us having to spend any money. If we were to spend money here I'd rather see us get Edoard from Celtic than spend the money on Vinicius.

Maignan (25), Milenkovic (23), Soumare (21), Camviga (18), Edoard (23) would also provide us with 5 young players through the spine of the team who could grow with us and peak together.

The full list of players with a year or less left on their contracts this summer and I think worthy of our consideration is below (I've also listed their age and bolded those that I think would be worth chasing). Over to you Mr Levy!....

Keepers
=======
Donnarumma. 21
Dmitrovic. 29
Silva. 27
Onana. 24 (1 year left on contract)
Maignan . 25 (1 year left)

Left Backs
=========
Bernat. 27

Right Backs
==========
Hysaj. 27

Centre Backs
===========
Garcia. 20
Maksimovic. 29
Schar. 29
Boatang. 32
Sule. 25 (1 year left)
Ginter. 27 (1 year left)
Tarkowski. 28 (1 year left)
Elvedi. 24 (1 year left)
Milenkovic. 23 (1 year left)

Christensen. 24 (1 year left)
Felipe. 31 (1 year left)
Lienhart. 24 (1 year left)
Hummels. 32 (1 year left)
Orban. 28 (1 year left)

Defensive Midfielders
===================
Kessie. 24 (1 year left)
Zakaria. 24 (1 year left)
Brozovic . 28 (1 year left)
Kamara. 21 (1 year left)
Soumare. 21 (1 year left)

Wide Attackers
=============
Depay. 27
Dembele. 23 (1 year left)
Thuavin. 28

Attacking Midfielders
==================
Otavio. 26
Draxler. 27
Calhanoglu. 27
Isco. 28 (1 year left)
Brooks. 23 (1 year left)
Todd Cantwell. 22 (1 year left)

Central Midfielders
=================
Wijnaldum. 30
Camvinga. 18 (1 year left)
Sabitzer. 26 (1 year left)
Tolisso. 26 (1 year left)

Strikers
=======
Marega. 29
Borre. 25
Ings. 28 (1 year left)
Nketiah. 21 (1 year left)
Edoard. 23 (1 year left)

Last edited:
Here is a huge list of players who are either free this summer and (if from an overseas club) could already be signed on a pre-contract deal or players that will have 12 months to go on their contracts this summer so could be ripe pickings for a cut price transfer deal. I'm trying to concentrate on potentially 'gettable' players so ignoring the likes of Mbappe, Neymar, Varane and Fati).

Also worth mentioning that the French clubs are likely to be desperate for money this summer with their TV deal collapsing combined with their clubs having no attendance income this last year. There will be a lot of French clubs needing to offload players just to lose the wages off their expenditure.

GK: Maignan. Would fight Lloris for number 1 spot immediately. Massive upgrade on Gazzaniga/Hart. Hart can stay as third choice seeing as he is home grown.
CB: We absolutely need two (at least!). I'd love Ginter and Milenkovic. Orban would be a good alternative shout or Schar if we're really cash strapped. Dier and Sanchez can make way.
DM: Either Soumare or Zakaira would be brilliant replacements in the squad for Sissoko. Zaikara would start for us right now. Soumare might need a year but has a very high ceiling.
CM: Camvinga would be a dream. He is only 18 but I think this summer will be our last ever chance to get him. Sabitzer would be a brilliant signing, Tolisso also. Any one of these allows us to jettison Lamela and also not have to worry too much about Lo Celso injuries.
WF: Deepay on a free would be awesome. Thuavin another very good freebie signing. Moura could make way.
CF: Marega on a free gives us an option as a backup striker without us having to spend any money. If we were to spend money here I'd rather see us get Edoard from Celtic than spend the money on Vinicius.

Maignan (25), Milenkovic (23), Soumare (21), Camviga (18), Edoard (23) would also provide us with 5 young players through the spine of the team who could grow with us and peak together.

The full list of players with a year or less left on their contracts this summer and I think worthy of our consideration is below (I've also listed their age and bolded those that I think would be worth chasing). Over to you Mr Levy!....

Keepers
=======
Donnarumma. 21
Dmitrovic. 29
Silva. 27

Left Backs
=========
Bernat. 27

Right Backs
==========
Hysaj. 27

Centre Backs
===========
Garcia. 20
Maksimovic. 29
Schar. 29
Boatang. 32
Sule. 25 (1 year left)
Ginter. 27 (1 year left)
Elvedi. 24 (1 year left)

Felipe. 31 (1 year left)
Orban. 28 (1 year left)

Defensive Midfielders
===================
Kessie. 24 (1 year left)
Kamara. 21 (1 year left)

Wide Attackers
=============
Depay. 27
Thuavin. 28

Attacking Midfielders
==================
Otavio. 26
Draxler. 27
Calhanoglu. 27
Isco. 28 (1 year left)
Brooks. 23 (1 year left)

Central Midfielders
=================
Wijnaldum. 30

Strikers
=======
Marega. 29
Borre. 25
Ings. 28 (1 year left)
Edoard. 23 (1 year left)

Very good post in terms of showing the potential to possibly upgrade the squad quickly and at relatively low value. Not many which help our home grown problem though!

Please email the list to Levy and HItchin

Very good post in terms of showing the potential to possibly upgrade the squad quickly and at relatively low value. Not many which help our home grown problem though!

Please email the list to Levy and HItchin
Those coming in replace overseas players departing.... Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Vinicius.

Additionally Camvinga wouldn't even take up a squad place for a few years.

Lloris, Maignan, Hart
Aurier, Doherty, Tanganga
Ginter, Rodon, Milenkovic, Toby
Regulion, Sessegnon
Hojbjerg, Soumare, Ndombele, Skipp, Camvinga
Lo Celso, Dele, Deepay, Bergwijn
Kane, Son, Edoaurd

Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Lamela and Moura can all go to generate some funds.
If we're lucky we might be able to bring in about £70 million for that lot above.
Probably costs £40 million on top of that to make those signings. If we're really struggling for cash then sacrifice Dele and get one of the three Bosman AM's I listed above or take Brooks from Bournemouth for a reasonable fee with only a year left on his deal.

Personally I'd punt on Doherty as well and bring in a young player like Bogle to cover his position (would probably be a break even deal). I realise though that we're extremely unlikely to be able to make as many as 7 ins and outs let alone adding another one to the mix.

There are good players out there who will be moving for lower fees than usual this summer I think though and as we need a bit of a rebuild it would make sense for us to take advantage.

Last edited:

Keepers
=======
Donnarumma. 21
Dmitrovic. 29
Silva. 27

Left Backs
=========
Bernat. 27

Right Backs
==========
Hysaj. 27

Centre Backs
===========
Garcia. 20
Maksimovic. 29
Schar. 29
Boatang. 32
Sule. 25 (1 year left)
Ginter. 27 (1 year left)
Elvedi. 24 (1 year left)

Felipe. 31 (1 year left)
Orban. 28 (1 year left)

Defensive Midfielders
===================
Kessie. 24 (1 year left)
Kamara. 21 (1 year left)

Wide Attackers
=============
Depay. 27
Thuavin. 28

Attacking Midfielders
==================
Otavio. 26
Draxler. 27
Calhanoglu. 27
Isco. 28 (1 year left)
Brooks. 23 (1 year left)

Central Midfielders
=================
Wijnaldum. 30

Strikers
=======
Marega. 29
Borre. 25
Ings. 28 (1 year left)
Edoard. 23 (1 year left)
Maignan was talked about a £40m keeper this summer when Chelsea wanted him. I don’t remember seeing him play to judge but he was talked of as being Hugo’s successor for France

zokaria is one we should be all over. He is class
What Dembele is this?
i really like Shar and have suggested him a few times but he seem to be in and out at Saudi Sportswashing Machine so I don’t know if he has injury issues
Brooks is quality but injury issues again... wonder if they think they can still get £50m for him now

Keepers
=======
Donnarumma. 21
Dmitrovic. 29
Silva. 27

Left Backs
=========
Bernat. 27

Right Backs
==========
Hysaj. 27

Centre Backs
===========
Garcia. 20
Maksimovic. 29
Schar. 29
Boatang. 32
Sule. 25 (1 year left)
Ginter. 27 (1 year left)
Elvedi. 24 (1 year left)

Felipe. 31 (1 year left)
Orban. 28 (1 year left)

Defensive Midfielders
===================
Kessie. 24 (1 year left)
Kamara. 21 (1 year left)

Wide Attackers
=============
Depay. 27
Thuavin. 28

Attacking Midfielders
==================
Otavio. 26
Draxler. 27
Calhanoglu. 27
Isco. 28 (1 year left)
Brooks. 23 (1 year left)

Central Midfielders
=================
Wijnaldum. 30

Strikers
=======
Marega. 29
Borre. 25
Ings. 28 (1 year left)
Edoard. 23 (1 year left)
Cheers for that.

On Camavinga I personally don't think we have much of a chance, but would like to see it happening of course.

Potential free transfers is an interesting one. In a way surprising that more clubs don't get deals like that done earlier, but I guess it doesn't do great things for squad morale in the short term for clubs to sign replacements on a free at this stage.

Do hope we get one or two of these financially sound deals done, we could do with a couple of steals in the transfer market.

For a chairman that is renown for his "prudence" when it comes to paying big money for players, is it not surprising that we don't do more free transfer deals, could it be a wages issue?

For a chairman that is renown for his "prudence" when it comes to paying big money for players, is it not surprising that we don't do more free transfer deals, could it be a wages issue?
Age of the players would have been an issue under Poch IMO (he preferred younger ones) but less so under Jose IMO who favours experience
We have increased our wages quite a bit I assume with bale joining for example

I dont think we can afford to sign experienced players. We need to go back to signing:

- semi-proven players who are young and have a reason for not being premium priced (likely just having not played in a major league for years): Verts, Son, Eriksen etc
or
- young: Walker, Dele etc

I dont see that we can afford to sign players who are say 25 y/o and have had 2-3 decent seasons in Eng, Sp, It or Ger. They'll generally be £50m+

Those coming in replace overseas players departing.... Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Vinicius.

Additionally Camvinga wouldn't even take up a squad place for a few years.

Lloris, Maignan, Hart
Aurier, Doherty, Tanganga
Ginter, Rodon, Milenkovic, Toby
Regulion, Sessegnon
Hojbjerg, Soumare, Ndombele, Skipp, Camvinga
Lo Celso, Dele, Deepay, Bergwijn
Kane, Son, Edoaurd

Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Lamela and Moura can all go to generate some funds.
If we're lucky we might be able to bring in about £70 million for that lot above.
Probably costs £40 million on top of that to make those signings. If we're really struggling for cash then sacrifice Dele and get one of the three Bosman AM's I listed above or take Brooks from Bournemouth for a reasonable fee with only a year left on his deal.

Personally I'd punt on Doherty as well and bring in a young player like Bogle to cover his position (would probably be a break even deal). I realise though that we're extremely unlikely to be able to make as many as 7 ins and outs let alone adding another one to the mix.

There are good players out there who will be moving for lower fees than usual this summer I think though and as we need a bit of a rebuild it would make sense for us to take advantage.
I think it's going to be really difficult to move players on this summer and that will probably result in very few incoming players.

I dont think we can afford to sign experienced players. We need to go back to signing:

- semi-proven players who are young and have a reason for not being premium priced (likely just having not played in a major league for years): Verts, Son, Eriksen etc
or

I dont see that we can afford to sign players who are say 25 y/o and have had 2-3 decent seasons in Eng, Sp, It or Ger. They'll generally be £50m+
I agree but I don't think that player profile suits Jose, especially if he himself thinks I'll probably be here next season and that's it.

or

Will be interesting to see what Konsa goes for this summer.

or

The rumours on Skriniar seemed credible at least and he's in that category. If that was at all possible this season, a similar fee for someone in the coming summer might be possible, at least with a few outgoing players.

If there is a centre back available that's within our budget that Mourinho (or a potential new manager) thinks is likely to be top class I'd want us to funnel as much of our transfer budget into that one signing as necessary. Then find other solutions for other problems.

Who that one centre back should be is a different question though, one I don't have a good answer for.

Back