• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory

I just listened to some of Last Word on Spurs (which I rarely bother with nowadays). It was a wrist-slitting rant-fest coupled with the usual who can shout the loudest contest.
I look forward to ours as maybe a bit more measured. Nothing wrong with a good rant btw, but it's hard on the ears when everyone is ranting.
I did give up on that one after a couple of plays. As you say, my enduring take-away was “shouty”.

Episode 9

In what has been another "week" in modern Tottenham Hotspur history, the team tackle it all from leaky d's to booing fools and everything between, including whether a left foot is enough and hateful music. There we are now, entertaining you!

@thfcsteff @Moby @ricky2tricky4city and @milo discuss
  • Emirates Marketing Project - Tottenham Hotspur
  • Everton - Tottenham Hotspur
  • Boo-boys - when criticism of a player goes over the line
  • Wolfsberger v Tottenham Hotspur
  • West Ham - Tottenham Hotspur
We'd really appreciate it if you could find time to leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts or help spread the word on social media.

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CEg

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Stitcher

https://www.stitcher.com/show/the-game-is-about-glory

Another good episode, well done all. Some very interesting, and potentially uncomfortable, points made.

Worth an hour of anyone's time.

Thanks mate, genuinely unfolded in a really interesting way. This lot have become great mates and it is a pleasure to get together and chat about things sensibly yet with some humor where we can.

A very interesting toss-a-chat, chaps!

I’m not sure we’ll ever reach the stadium-based utopia you spoke about, where no Spurs player is ever criticised - and I’m not sure it sounds like the kind of environment I’d want to watch football in. But it was a good topic to think about, and the pod definitely feels like it’s developing its own clear USP.

Cheers @Mikey10. It feels like we're finding our voice.

I don't think any of us were proposing that players should never be criticised, it's when it steps over the line or becomes a reflex action, that I think it becomes a problem.

I’m not sure we’ll ever reach the stadium-based utopia you spoke about, where no Spurs player is ever criticised - and I’m not sure it sounds like the kind of environment I’d want to watch football in. But it was a good topic to think about, and the pod definitely feels like it’s developing its own clear USP.
Thanks Mikey.

I think one of the biggest reasons it goes on inside the stadium(s), is quite simply, drink has been taken.

Good clown shoe-chatting guys

Also enjoyed Steff talking about his ‘huge gaff’.

Note that booing is usually focussed at the manager’s tactics (too defensive etc) and is a request for the manager to switch things.

Not to be confused with groaning and shouting abuse at individuals

Note that you spent ages clarifying Wolfsberger/Wolfsburg but I think you failed to mention rz pellets wac starts at 17.55 afaik

Thanks mate.
Yes indeed, criticism is obviously part of life but we were talking specifically about that moment when a player is seemingly a target. Probably worth us making sure that is clear when we next have a chance to address such things.

Good clown shoe-chatting guys

Also enjoyed Steff talking about his ‘huge gaff’.

Note that booing is usually focussed at the manager’s tactics (too defensive etc) and is a request for the manager to switch things.

Not to be confused with groaning and shouting abuse at individuals

Note that you spent ages clarifying Wolfsberger/Wolfsburg but I think you failed to mention rz pellets wac starts at 17.55 afaik

If it goes on any more mate I will insist on being called The Gaffer!!!!

Good stuff gents. I’m reflecting on your comments around boo boys and once I’ve finished, I’ll try and articulate my thoughts on the subject, hopefully adding something else to the conversation.

Back