• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT - Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

Reasonable half of football. Unlucky to be behind.

Think Kane’s been good when he’s got the ball. Lamela and Moura have been lively but really poor with their distribution. Really poor. Sons been anonymous. Thought Tanganga was good and Sanchez was our best player. He’s made two outstanding blocks but him and Dier have defended pretty well and forced them into shooting from distance rather than diving in and coughing up easy chances.

We are well in this.

Well 0-1 is not a disaster. Use the debatable pen as fuel for a 2nd half fightback.

Mourinho, time to work some magic in that dressing room. We are putting up a better show than I expected. False hope? Hopefully not

Lamela, Moura, Bergwijn, (Current Bale) can all do one. Used to think we had good attacking options but none of them are good enough

Front 4 all been average at best but Lamela and Moura need to come off. Lamela can’t even touch the ball with his tight foot let along do anything else. Moura has been tinkle poor. Bale and Dele on please

Lamela and Moura okay against quality defenders and their weakness show
However they should be given time second half IMO
Lamela needs to remember what colour were in

In fairness I think the movement in front of him looks non existent. Son looks tired and when he did eventually try and break the lines the CBs went with him and cut it out easy. When the CBs go with him, that’s when Kane should fill the hole and take a short one. You can tell this stuff might not be getting worked on.

We could swap Moura for Messi at HT and we’d still be as fudged. This defeatist setup is doomed, certainly when a goal down.

I don’t think we’ve been that defensive. Just City are very good. We’ve tried to break with numbers, Son made some good runs early on but the ball never found him. And much of our passing forward hasn’t been great. That’s a quality on the ball issue, not a tactical one.

Coming from where we were a couple of games ago there’s a few positives from that half. The pen is frustrating but we didn’t crumble and have defended well, sans Davies who we don’t have an alternative for.
We have to make our breaks count. Seems to be some hesitancy with the final ball. Moura for Dele and Lamela needs to go out wide so he will have less decisions to make on the ball.
I still think Tanganga looks a real prospect, on and off the ball he’s looked good to me.

In fairness I think the movement in front of him looks non existent. Son looks tired and when he did eventually try and break the lines the CBs went with him and cut it out easy. When the CBs go with him, that’s when Kane should fill the hole and take a short one. You can tell this stuff might not be getting worked on.
The movement stops once people realise he is having one of those games where he won’t pass quick

Front 4 all been average at best but Lamela and Moura need to come off. Lamela can’t even touch the ball with his tight foot let along do anything else. Moura has been tinkle poor. Bale and Dele on please

At least we know there is some genius in Dele and Bale somewhere. Lamela and Moura have had years and not improved. The odd spark here and there isn't enough, I'm done with them both

Re Hojbjerg, it is another mistake they had led to a goal but it’s a different root cause and he’s still a massive contributor for us.

HT 0-1. Feels like we are a cursed club. Our soft pens started in the CL final and have continued. This season we have given away 6, including crucial ones against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and now City. It feels like we are a cursed club. If we didn't have bad luck , we wouldn't have any luck at all ! Maybe we used it all up in the run to the CL final........

Back