• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

At what point does it become in the club's interest to sell him?

He turns 28 this summer and is probably worth £100m say. To keep numbers easy, assume he's worth zero at 33 years old, meaning we 'lose' £20m p.a. by keeping him beyond this summer

At some point, you're better off cashing in and spending say £30m on a 22 year old CB, £30m on a 22 y/o CF and reducing the debt a little.

Thoroughly depressing as its very infrequent that you get a Kane out of your academy

I'd sell him only if he's desperate to leave. I'd keep him as long as he wants to stay. I wouldn't sell him for anywhere near £100m. I wouldn't trust our recruitment team to spend it wisely. We have guaranteed goals in Kane and don't think we'd be able to replace what he brings to the team.
I wouldn't blame him wanting to leave however.

Last edited:
The only thing keeping Kane at Spurs is the target of beating Greaves' record. Can understand if he wants to move to win stuff and can understand the club wanting/needing to cash in. If he stays I see no reason he can't be good for another 4 years especially with the way he's adapting his game. Be great to have him stay around and help any of the young strikers coming through the ranks.

He turns 28 this summer and is probably worth £100m say. To keep numbers easy, assume he's worth zero at 33 years old, meaning we 'lose' £20m p.a. by keeping him beyond this summer

At some point, you're better off cashing in and spending say £30m on a 22 year old CB, £30m on a 22 y/o CF and reducing the debt a little.

Thoroughly depressing as its very infrequent that you get a Kane out of your academy
The only way I'd consider selling Kane is if Parrott comes back and lives up to the hype, which he's a long way from doing at the moment

I'd sell him only if he's desperate to leave. If keep him as long as he wants to stay. I wouldn't sell him for anywhere near £100m. I wouldn't trust our recruitment team to spend it wisely. We have guaranteed goals in Kane and don't think we'd be able to replace what he brings to the team.
I wouldn't blame him wanting to leave however.

Agree about us spending it well.

Roll the clock a little and we'll be talking about the succession plan for Kane and Son. GHod knows where we go at that point

You don’t sell goals
United haven’t replaced lukaku and they thought he was pony
You simply keep your best players if you can
And as I’ve said plenty of times who is spending £150m on Kane in the current climate??
City are going for haaland and will pay less for a much younger player
If we needed money I’d sell son... but again it’s a £100m deal that just isn’t happening with his age

Agree about us spending it well.

Roll the clock a little and we'll be talking about the succession plan for Kane and Son. GHod knows where we go at that point
We have a youth team player who the club hold in similar regard to Kane
And you can’t plan that far ahead unless your happy to sell him
We’re not

Its not so much us wanting to sell him, its more likely he will decide to leave for a club where he can win things.

He's under contract for another three seasons and he'll need two of them to catch Greaves. He'll probably need the rest of his career to overtake Shearer in the PL (104 behind now), but that can be done at a different club. If he's still going strong in the summer of 2023 we can probably still command a decent fee. Comes down to what his remaining ambitions are. Let City buy him some trophies or further cement his legacy as Tottenham's greatest ever player.

He's under contract for another three seasons and he'll need two of them to catch Greaves. He'll probably need the rest of his career to overtake Shearer in the PL (104 behind now), but that can be done at a different club. If he's still going strong in the summer of 2023 we can probably still command a decent fee. Comes down to what his remaining ambitions are. Let City buy him some trophies or further cement his legacy as Tottenham's greatest ever player.
I’d go for some trophies myself. I’ll never be In that position, but these players want to win. Not get close then play in a side that regresses and faces a long rebuild. The only thing that could keep him with us is more money and IF he has a desire to keep his family where they currently are.
I wouldn’t blame him if he left at the end of this season one bit.

I’d go for some trophies myself. I’ll never be In that position, but these players want to win. Not get close then play in a side that regresses and faces a long rebuild. The only thing that could keep him with us is more money and IF he has a desire to keep his family where they currently are.
I wouldn’t blame him if he left at the end of this season one bit.

I'd want to be the reason the club won trophies, not someone who joined the success of others.

Just like Poch was? Come on we know there is not such thing as a certainty and until we sort out some of the deadwood that helped get Poch sacked we will find it hard.

Poch is neither here nor there - if Mourinho was still the manager you lot think he is Kane will be sticking around to see the good times that are just around the corner

You don’t sell goals
United haven’t replaced lukaku and they thought he was pony
You simply keep your best players if you can
And as I’ve said plenty of times who is spending £150m on Kane in the current climate??
City are going for haaland and will pay less for a much younger player
If we needed money I’d sell son... but again it’s a £100m deal that just isn’t happening with his age

You may be right about clubs not wanting to deal with us (Levy) considering what we would ask for Kane but we also have to accept that we’re powerless to stop Kane running his contract down like Eriksen did. Absolutely no way would I’d be signing a contract extension given the brick Kane has had to watch around him in the last two seasons. If he’s serious about winning the CL and PL then let’s face it he’s got a far better chance of doing that with the Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea as much as I’d hate to lose him to an English club.

Back