• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

All clubs are "selling clubs" but its when and how many.
We would like to sell a few ATM and there's no doubt of that.

It's pretty much 10 years since SAF, United has won 3 trophies (2 under Jose), and their best finish is 2nd (under Jose), and they have spent a fudge ton of money after him.
To your last point, yes, some managers lose it (probably true in lots of high pressure professions), but Jose is yet to truly fail, maybe it will happen here, but it hasn't happened yet.
I don’t think United appointed Jose Mourinho to win the league cup and the Europa League or to come second. I think it is fair to say he failed at United.You’re right no one has done better yet since Sir Alex Ferguson but Jose was well backed by Utd, at least initially. I also don’t think Daniel Levy appointed him just to win the carabao cup.

I still support Jose, I like the guy and haven’t really commented on the “next manager “ thread. But the signs do not look good at Spurs and I am worried he is doing what he has done in his last 4 jobs, pick public fights with players that never end well. Nor do I believe that he has changed and become the “squad” building type of manager. Which is why based on his history, I think this season will be his peak one with us.

All clubs are "selling clubs" but its when and how many.
We would like to sell a few ATM and there's no doubt of that.
You know what he means.

'Selling clubs' are clubs selling players that are going to 'get you there'
'Non selling clubs' are selling players they've realised aren't going to 'get them there'

Ok, so we all agree, this squad needs a rebuild, painful or not. But who can look at Mourinhos signings here and at MUtd and arrive at the conclusion that he is the right kind of manager for such a task? No 20-year old Porto anectodes please.

Ok, so we all agree, this squad needs a rebuild, painful or not. But who can look at Mourinhos signings here and at MUtd and arrive at the conclusion that he is the right kind of manager for such a task? No 20-year old Porto anectodes please.

What really? Had we got Diaz or Skirinar we would be how many points better off already?

No manager can work with these duds in defence and mourinho has always built his teams that usually win titles and cups around the defence.

It's almost like you are searching for the messiah without giving any suggestions. Further to that you don't need to go to Porto.... you only have to look at what he actually achieved at United, 2nd in the league, two cups and could have built on that. His reputation is questioned at United due to his relationship with pogba and then Ed Woodward who wouldn't back him after a break down with that primadonna.

We need a manager who is matches our likely transfer spend and will install a system which makes players look better than we are.

We've never going to be able to spend £50m-£70m on each player. Our typical signing is in the £30m ish bracket...but through coaching or the system, that player needs to look like a £50m-£70m player

Levy needs to work out whether Mourinho can achieve what he wants (top 4 regularly) with that standard of signing

We need a manager who is matches our likely transfer spend and will install a system which makes players look better than we are.

We've never going to be able to spend £50m-£70m on each player. Our typical signing is in the £30m ish bracket...but through coaching or the system, that player needs to look like a £50m-£70m player

Levy needs to work out whether Mourinho can achieve what he wants (top 4 regularly) with that standard of signing

I've gone through this in detail. Mourinho had spent money at clubs that have lots to spend and demand spending, he has been just as successful not having unlimited funds either.

I can refer you to a website that has all of his transfers and net spends.

Have a look, https://www.transfermarkt.com/jose-mourinho/profil/trainer/781

I've gone through this in detail. Mourinho had spent money at clubs that have lots to spend and demand spending, he has been just as successful not having unlimited funds either.

I can refer you to a website that has all of his transfers and net spends.

Have a look, https://www.transfermarkt.com/jose-mourinho/profil/trainer/781

I think @Finney Is Back responded to this argument previously and showed that the wages bill more than compensated for transfers.

It's a silly argument anyway as you rightly say when you're at big clubs you have lots to spend.

We are probably 5th/6th in the wage table and maybe slightly higher in the transfer table whereas Jose will be used to being top 2 in both I'd imagine.

I think @Finney Is Back responded to this argument previously and showed that the wages bill more than compensated for transfers.

It's a silly argument anyway as you rightly say when you're at big clubs you have lots to spend.

We are probably 5th/6th in the wage table and maybe slightly higher in the transfer table whereas Jose will be used to being top 2 in both I'd imagine.

Well I think if that's the case both levy and Jose have to find a happy compromise, otherwise levys appointment is completely stupid fickle and annoying.

However with covid and the stadium debt that would have been serviced with Levys financial planning has derailed the handshake as such, that's why I think levy will not pull the trigger.

Further to this I think Mourinho is making a point to levy playing an unsettled back four, you take dier out for making a mistake you put in sanchez who then makes a mistake so is replaced by rodon who makes a mistake and it continues.

It's going to be interesting how long this can continue for, does levy stick or twist in the summer. Doing anything about this now would be stupid.

Paying compensation followed by paying someone to come on on a temp basis is just giving up in a sense.

Well I think if that's the case both levy and Jose have to find a happy compromise, otherwise levys appointment is completely stupid fickle and annoying.

However with covid and the stadium debt that would have been serviced with Levys financial planning has derailed the handshake as such, that's why I think levy will not pull the trigger.

Further to this I think Mourinho is making a point to levy playing an unsettled back four, you take dier out for making a mistake you put in sanchez who then makes a mistake so is replaced by rodon who makes a mistake and it continues.

It's going to be interesting how long this can continue for, does levy stick or twist in the summer. Doing anything about this now would be stupid.

Paying compensation followed by paying someone to come on on a temp basis is just giving up in a sense.
Yep
Circumstances have changed dramatically
But levy calls the shots
Only thing I’ll add is people should watch the Netflix doc on Jose and see what he did at Porto... it was about right players with the right drive and mindset they could afford and they cleaned up Europe remember

It’s not just Jose... but he’s done.
Stale players
Average players on >50% of the positions
brick scouting & bargain basement deals

If Mourinho is here in the summer, and thats a big IF, the plans for the transfer window could be a huge flash point

Mourinho will probably wnat several players and pretty high net spend. Levy will say thats not how this cub is run....and then what?

I still maintain that we need a manager who improves the quality of players and installs a system. I cant say that I'm encyclopedic with manager knowledge but Rodegers fits that better than Jose. We need someone to build something over 5-10 years

If Mourinho is here in the summer, and thats a big IF, the plans for the transfer window could be a huge flash point

Mourinho will probably wnat several players and pretty high net spend. Levy will say thats not how this cub is run....and then what?

I still maintain that we need a manager who improves the quality of players and installs a system. I cant say that I'm encyclopedic with manager knowledge but Rodegers fits that better than Jose. We need someone to build something over 5-10 years

Can't imagine Levy expected to be 2 years down the line and staring at a further rebuild when he decided to jack Poch in

Yes you are 100% right and realistic ... this happens easily and regularly. Why hasn't levy tried this approach before or any other chairman? Pochettinos come once in a generation, and even then working with levy will run thin.

At least we know there is some genius in Dele and Bale somewhere. Lamela and Moura have had years and not improved. The odd spark here and there isn't enough, I'm done with them both

100% agree with you. It’s like going back to when Poch came in.
We need fresh impetus, and the sum being> collective parts.
Then we need new owners to support the organic growth... but we’re Spurs.. so will repeat the process we’re used to..

Can't imagine Levy expected to be 2 years down the line and staring at a further rebuild when he decided to jack Poch in

Completely. I wonder whether that will make Levy think, you know what, I preferred the Poch model....where is Poch Mk II?

Back