• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

@markysimmo thanks for posting the numbers each day.
IIRC the government originally said they needed to vax 2m/week to hit their target and many scoffed and said it wouldn't be done.
Seems like they are easily hitting 2m/week i.e. usually way above 300k/day even with bad weather.
Hats off to them.

IIRC the government originally said they needed to vax 2m/week to hit their target and many scoffed and said it wouldn't be done.
Seems like they are easily hitting 2m/week i.e. usually way above 300k/day even with bad weather.
Hats off to them.

Indeed. Hats off and sleeves rolled up.

I give thanks to those in the operational side but also to the priority groups for turning up.

Hats off to them.

Hats off to the NHS. Amazing what can be achieved when Hanrooster’s neighbours and Johnson’s mates aren’t running it.

Yeah not started, but due to at the end of this month, with the goal of everyone being done by October apparently.

Hats off to the NHS. Amazing what can be achieved when Hanrooster’s neighbours and Johnson’s mates aren’t running it.
How quickly we forget all the "Boris puts our vaccines in the hands of his mate's wife" stories from a little while ago......

BREAKING UK

R number below 1 for first time since July

The reproduction number - or R value - of coronavirus transmission across the UK has fallen below 1 for the first time since July, and is now between 0.7 and 0.9, according to the latest government figures.

Last week, the R - the average number of people an infected person infects - was between 0.7 and 1.

When the R is above 1, an outbreak can grow exponentially, but when it is below 1 it means the epidemic is shrinking.

An R number between 0.7 and 0.9 means that, on average, every 10 people infected will infect between seven and nine other people.

BREAKING UK

R number below 1 for first time since July

The reproduction number - or R value - of coronavirus transmission across the UK has fallen below 1 for the first time since July, and is now between 0.7 and 0.9, according to the latest government figures.

Last week, the R - the average number of people an infected person infects - was between 0.7 and 1.

When the R is above 1, an outbreak can grow exponentially, but when it is below 1 it means the epidemic is shrinking.

An R number between 0.7 and 0.9 means that, on average, every 10 people infected will infect between seven and nine other people.

I predict that Johnson gets carried away and lifts restrictions too soon, which means cases rise again followed by the hospitalisations and deaths, resulting in another need for lockdown.

What vaccine are they going for?

I wasn’t entirely sure, so looking into it...

It's understood the first 80,000-100,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine will arrive in Australia early next week and people will begin to get the jab at the end of the month.

The Federal Government was initially expecting 3.8 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine from overseas, but supply concerns mean the first batch will be smaller, at 1.2 million doses. Those doses will be handed out from early March, as long as the vaccine gets the tick of approval from the TGA.

From there, the AstraZeneca jab will start being manufactured locally by biotech company CSL from late March.

After that, the rollout will start to gather pace. The Government hopes that by late March, 1 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine will be produced each week.

From: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-12/coronavirus-vaccine-rollout-on-track-end-of-february/13149196

It seems to be part of the challenge. What vaccine and when ultimately
I did see that the EU have pulled some deliveries to Canada but it could be a biased article

I have heard of quite a few situations over here of people refusing one vacations as they want an alternative one, and that whilst in the booth for it!!!! I mean it’s a bit bonkers to be at that stage and then demand something

I predict that Johnson gets carried away and lifts restrictions too soon, which means cases rise again followed by the hospitalisations and deaths, resulting in another need for lockdown.

I’ve more confidence that, having fudged it up twice, even he’s realised there is only one way out.

It seems to be part of the challenge. What vaccine and when ultimately
I did see that the EU have pulled some deliveries to Canada but it could be a biased article

I have heard of quite a few situations over here of people refusing one vacations as they want an alternative one, and that whilst in the booth for it!!!! I mean it’s a bit bonkers to be at that stage and then demand something

That's crazy, but not overly surprising!

Being able to manufacture the AstraZeneca one here will hopefully mean we can roll it out in good time. We've done so well here, but the negative of that is that we need to be so tough to protect what we've got, hence a 5 day lockdown based on 18(!!) cases. The combination of low transmission rates and people being vaccinated will hopefully mean we don't need to lockdown at all, and life will be normal (except for international travel) by the middle of the year.

Back