• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Drove forward more, more vertical passing that I think Mourinho pointed out after the game.

The issue is that he has to do that, or at least do that more than he usually does, against better teams to. He's showed that he has that in him, but not consistently. I still think there's a chance he steps up a level.

I do agree that he has to do it on a regular basis, and as you say he has shown the ability to play at the top level. I think that if he can do that he will become a important player for us.

Unbelievably bad. Can't see how he has a future with us. Once Skipp is back that has to be the end of him.
I think we all wanted him to be a big success, homegrown, nice lad, but just not good enough.

Hope so, he'll likely still be around to sort out the HG quota and get some minutes in the cups.

Nah mate - see your point, but nah, get him out. If HG is a problem, list Devine or White in the 25 as one of the squad players - it would be the same as having a 24-man senior squad plus that youngster, but at least we wouldn't have to see Winks in the squad ever again.

And I'm damn sure that they could do a much, much better job than Winks at this point.

Just let him go to whichever side is foolish enough to take a chance on him. Good lad, Spurs lad, so there doesn't need to be a fuss, and maybe we make montage of his best moments in a Spurs shirt ( the two or three he's had in five years, anyway).

But he has to go. A sedated rhesus macaque with stumps for legs would have done better than him today.

Nah mate - see your point, but nah, get him out. If HG is a problem, list Devine or White in the 25 as one of the squad players - it would be the same as having a 24-man senior squad plus that youngster, but at least we wouldn't have to see Winks in the squad ever again.

And I'm damn sure that they could do a much, much better job than Winks at this point.

Just let him go to whichever side is foolish enough to take a chance on him. Good lad, Spurs lad, so there doesn't need to be a fuss, and maybe we make montage of his best moments in a Spurs shirt ( the two or three he's had in five years, anyway).

But he has to go. A sedated rhesus macaque with stumps for legs would have done better than him today.

I agree with you but I just see him here next season.

If fudging Sissoko is still around then Winks is likely going to get a fudging testimonial at this rate.

I agree with you but I just see him here next season.

If fudging Sissoko is still around then Winks is likely going to get a fudging testimonial at this rate.

Winks is gone, we can get money for him because he's HG and Skipp +one of the academy as replacements would certainly do worse while not affecting HG

His first half yesterday was defenitely one of the worst half-perfomances of any Spurs players this season.
Memorable moment, the half lasted only 17 minutes...
The club should Skip him in the summer. He can then go to Euros (as a tourist).

Last edited:
Said in the match thread that I cut him some slack as he's barely played and needs minutes to get sharpness but I still think he's a good enough squad player, HG too. You can't have a squad of first 11 players.

Said in the match thread that I cut him some slack as he's barely played and needs minutes to get sharpness but I still think he's a good enough squad player, HG too. You can't have a squad of first 11 players.
Agreed overall. But yesterday was as bad as I've ever seen him play, and I'm pretty good conditions coming on when everyone else was tired.

Wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself struggling even more for minutes after that.

Your squad players need to be of a minimum standard and ideally either like for like or offering differing strengths to your starting options. Winks does neither of these things. He's below the minimum standard required and he has no strengths over Hojberg and Ndombele.

We can't even bring him on and get him to do a steady job as yesterday showed, you might say he was rusty but that's the role of a lesser squad player they need to be able to come on and perform and he's not capable of doing that.

Lamela who I am a strong critic of does provide something even when he's not played for a while, if Winks can not do this he has no purpose here because he should never and will never be a starter.

Back