• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton FA Cup

greatwhitenorf

Vedran Corluka
Wednesday, February 10
Goodison Park

Big game, top quality opponent, many important decisions to be made about the squad with an even bigger match coming up on the weekend against rampant MancCity.

And of course, we can all live in expectation of, but little hope from:

1_VAR.jpg

Regardless of that, we've had decent results against Everton in the past and owe them one for the season opening loss at home. Looking forward to a bit of this:

5c2185eda3107d4c816a47fe.jpeg

And, if the Ghods are kind, a bit of that:

1_Everton-FC-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League.jpg

Topped off with a nutritious and sustaining serving of the usual:

Everton-vs-Tottenham-1658762.jpg

Last edited:
Going to be very interesting to see how this game is played
Everton have been playing the low block now for some time, and have had some good results and lost some points too because their keepers are awful. They have also changed the defence around a lot
Could easily come down to how we deal with their crossing again as it’s one of their main threats with DCL. We’re shocking at that so it’s a worry

Wednesday, February 10
Goodison Park

Big game, top quality opponent, many important decisions to be made about the squad with an even bigger match coming up on the weekend against rampant MancCity.

And of course, we can all live in expectation of, but little hope from:

1_VAR.jpg

Regardless of that, we've had decent results against Everton in the past and owe them one for the season opening loss at home. Looking forward to a bit of this:

5c2185eda3107d4c816a47fe.jpeg

And, if the Ghods are kind, a bit of that:

1_Everton-FC-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League.jpg

Topped off with a nutritious and sustaining serving of the usual:

Everton-vs-Tottenham-1658762.jpg
Great positivity and like what you want in pics 1, 2 and 4 but why on Earth would you want Dele to get injured by the keeper again?

Note it goes to extra time and pens, and is already starting late at 8.15, so could be a late finish for the ladz.

Note it will have VAR

(The FA Cup is using VAR, but only in selected ties. As was the case last season, only matches with Premier League teams at home will be using the system)

Note it goes to extra time and pens, and is already starting late at 8.15, so could be a late finish for the ladz.

Note it will have VAR

(The FA Cup is using VAR, but only in selected ties. As was the case last season, only matches with Premier League teams at home will be using the system)

This bugs me. Each tie in a round should have the same conditions - VAR for all ties or no VAR.

Today feels huge to me. After three matches of truly depressing approaches (at least in my experience), WBA was much better. Will Jose build on that and take a similar approach today, or revert to the more defensive approach of the previous three matches now that we're playing a team that's much better than WBA (albeit one who plays quite defensively itself)?

Of course it's also a cup game, which a) has historically been a strength of Mourinho's, and b) is a large part of most positive assessments of his current performance (i.e. that we're still in all 3 cups) - which makes this even more important.

Come on Jose, and COYS!

Last edited:
Today feels huge to me. After three matches of truly depressing approaches (at least in my experience), WBA was much better. Will Jose build on that and take a similar approach today, or revert to the more defensive approach of the previous three matches now that we're playing a team that's much better than WBA (albeit one who plays quite defensively itself)?

Of course it's also a cup game, which a) has historically been a strength of Mourinho's, and b) is a large part of most positive assessments of his current performance (i.e. that we're still in all 3 cups)

Come on Jose, and COYS!

It makes sense to me that a manager can prioritise cups. It makes zero sense to me that a manager could be particularly strong in cup games, any more than they could be especially good at games played on Tuesdays.

Happy if we go through, of course, but personally I'm putting everything nice about Sunday down to WBA being spectacularly rubbish, and fully expect a reversion to form.

There's no need for personal attacks @Gazza

Is that a personal attack jeez ... I shall apologize if I hurt his feelings. Sorry, I'm out of touch with the snowflake generation as per se. So please take this as my complete and utter sincere apology.

Back