• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory

I enjoyed it again, well done lads.

To be a bit harsh, some of the 'humour' wasn't the most amazing banter ever but the general discussion was a good listen and ate up an hour nicely whilst I fixed my son's radio controlled car.

It was a little different for me this weekend in so. such as I pulled an all-nighter with whiskey to start watching at 4am, hit the hay afterwards and only rose about 45 minutes before recording! That coffee needs to be kicking in harder!

Bumping this thread you lot, because there is literally NO excuse for you all NOT to take a break from your Talkbrick obsessions and tune into some quality football discussions where the image of a rotund opposition manager engaging in filthy acts of lovin' simply does not get created by any members of the pod team.

Episode 8

Despite some members of the team having to suffer the M6 Corley services due to a bum-steer, The Game Is About Glory boys tackle the triumph over West Brom, Fat Sam’s bovril bowl and over-priced crap wrist-wear plus they share some very personal views of what the values and identity of THFC are to them (thanks to @DaveT316 for posing the passionate question on GG) and look forward to a busy game in the league and cup with our games at Everton and Man.City...

...don't cheat yourself, grab a beverage and settle down for some top Totty podding NOW!

@thfcsteff @Moby @awesome dawson and @GPRD81 discuss
  • Tottenham - West Brom
  • What is our club's identity?
  • Everton - Tottenham
  • Emirates Marketing Project - Tottenham

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CEg

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Stitcher

https://www.stitcher.com/show/the-game-is-about-glory
Ah thanks for the prompt in the other thread @thfcsteff ! Apologies for the delayed response, I’ve been a bit less engaged with Spurs over the past few weeks given how performances have gone! It’s all been a bit depressing.

Appreciate you guys tackling the subject, as like you, it’s a subject close to my heart. Wonderful point about the name being Shakespearean. As an English graduate, I can’t believe that had escaped me. And also nicely done on the broader discussion. Ultimately, like some of the views expressed, I’d love us to be a ‘winning’ club, whatever that means, but it’s not about winning at all costs. The club, for me, is about very much more than that.

Ah thanks for the prompt in the other thread @thfcsteff ! Apologies for the delayed response, I’ve been a bit less engaged with Spurs over the past few weeks given how performances have gone! It’s all been a bit depressing.

Appreciate you guys tackling the subject, as like you, it’s a subject close to my heart. Wonderful point about the name being Shakespearean. As an English graduate, I can’t believe that had escaped me. And also nicely done on the broader discussion. Ultimately, like some of the views expressed, I’d love us to be a ‘winning’ club, whatever that means, but it’s not about winning at all costs. The club, for me, is about very much more than that.

Thanks for the initial post mate. Milo was quick onto it and it was a good topic which could've taken up an hour!

Cheers for starting a really interesting thread and inspiring the conversation. As Steff said, we could've filled a whole pod on it.

Has anyone ever tried using marmite as a dip for cheese straws.

Or twiglets if you are really serious about marmite like I am.

Thanks for the podcast again chaps I enjoyed your company whilst I was home working.

Back