• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Personally I can live with the bad results, its watching bad football that hurts

After supporting Spurs for many years, Give me ugly wins and trophies. Sick of being beaten by lesser teams or capitulating the first moment we see a fixture against the big teams.

I was very happy when he came in. But 18 months in, we are no better results-wise and a whole lot worse to watch, with the added bonus of him obviously not sticking around for a long time to build something. What's the point?

18 months, it's not is it?

After supporting Spurs for many years, Give me ugly wins and trophies. Sick of being beaten by lesser teams or capitulating the first moment we see a fixture against the big teams.

same here, I can live with bad performances, its the not winning proper trophies that hurts

You’re right - 14ish? But basically two pre-seasons in that time, plenty of time to get us playing better than we are.

Not basically at all, he has had one summer preseason, one with Covid. I love how the facts are always skewed to suit an argument or debate. Let's get the facts right and then we can have a reasonable debate.

Not basically at all, he has had one summer preseason, one with Covid. I love how the facts are always skewed to suit an argument or debate. Let's get the facts right and then we can have a reasonable debate.
You cannot call the summer just gone a pre season. It wasn’t a pre season for ANY team. I think the average side had 2 weeks and most had players on internationals too

Same as what everyone else got, apart from City & United who had less prep time.

Can't use a situation that everyone else is experiencing as an excuse afaic

Edit : misread - yeah it's not 2 preseasons tbf

Last edited:
Same as what everyone else got, apart from City & United who had less prep time.

Can't use a situation that everyone else is experiencing as an excuse afaic

Edit : misread - yeah it's not 2 preseasons tbf

Valid point but that certainly means Jose has not had a fair chance to make the changes needed to his squad.

Valid point but that certainly means Jose has not had a fair chance to make the changes needed to his squad.

We can't alter the amount of time available out of season for him to work with the players, it is what it is and as other clubs have made progress despite the lack of time - should we not expect progress too?

We have signed 9 players under his watch so that's a fair bit on the clubs part to help bring about change

We can't alter the amount of time available out of season for him to work with the players, it is what it is and as other clubs have made progress despite the lack of time - should we not expect progress too?

We have signed 9 players under his watch so that's a fair bit on the clubs part to help bring about change
The only difference is we are trying to change styles considerably whereas others aren’t necessarily changing much in style, although may be integrating new players.
And some have had mid weeks off to embed their ways of working which again we haven’t.
But then that’s why you pay a manager the money to do that!!!

The only difference is we are trying to change styles considerably whereas others aren’t necessarily changing much in style, although may be integrating new players.
And some have had mid weeks off to embed their ways of working which again we haven’t.

Are we?

I don't understand why we are changing styles considerably so quickly.
The bulk of the squad we had were built to play a certain way, it only needed refreshed and tweaked.
Settle them down and move towards implementing your own style with new players.

It's just too simple to assume that all the clubs and managers had the same situations. Covid and the summer Market has impacted everyone in their own ways.

Some more than others, out of the 9 players that we signed, i think we have gone through this again were Jose's choices ... you nor I know. But you can bet Levy had a hand in it.

Also covid has probably limited the quality and calibre of player Jose needs to address and implement his system.

Not all squad's are the same and not all need as much attention as each other.

Like I have said we have failed to address out defence as a whole. Doherty was a value purchase and a decent punt but has not worked out so far, Reguilon looks the bees knees, and Rodon could yet flourish.... but neither address why sanchez and dier start games.

Not Jose's fault that GLC has been out and forced to play sissoko.

Yes not perfect but you cannot blame him for every single fudging thing including the covid bloody transfer window.

I just hope we hang on to him and the team improves even if it means seeing you taking shots at him no matter what he achieves.

I’m honestly surprised people are still so passionately backing him. It’s easily the worst football since AVB, results have been patchy at best, and he’s not building anything.

But I guess we might win the league cup eh?

It's just too simple to assume that all the clubs and managers had the same situations. Covid and the summer Market has impacted everyone in their own ways.

Some more than others, out of the 9 players that we signed, i think we have gone through this again were Jose's choices ... you nor I know. But you can bet Levy had a hand in it.

Also covid has probably limited the quality and calibre of player Jose needs to address and implement his system.

Not all squad's are the same and not all need as much attention as each other.

Like I have said we have failed to address out defence as a whole. Doherty was a value purchase and a decent punt but has not worked out so far, Reguilon looks the bees knees, and Rodon could yet flourish.... but neither address why sanchez and dier start games.

Not Jose's fault that GLC has been out and forced to play sissoko.

Yes not perfect but you cannot blame him for everything single fudging thing including the covid bloody transfer window.

I just hope we hang on to him and the team improves even if it means seeing you taking shots at him no matter what he achieves.

Lots of excuses, none of which justify the brick we have to watch every week. That’s Jose’s style.

I’m honestly surprised people are still so passionately backing him. It’s easily the worst football since AVB, results have been patchy at best, and he’s not building anything.

But I guess we might win the league cup eh?

Not even close, we played some beautiful counter attacking football this season and didn't hear a peep from you when it was going so well.

We might win the league Cup, we might win the fa cup and we might win the Europe Cup. The fact that we are only 4 points behind top 4 also says so much about how ridiculous it is to want him out now ... macaronic.

Well yeah
Unless you believe we’re trying to play Poch high press and win from the front
I mean there have been some games where it’s looked like that but I don’t think that’s the plan ...
I’d say we have played quite a variety of formations and styles so far under Jose
That’s why some people excuse some players inadequacies for example

Lots of excuses, none of which justify the brick we have to watch every week. That’s Jose’s style.

Is it? Didn't you see his Chelsea MK1 team? Or his all conquering inter team? Or even his real Madrid team? ... he has been successful at every single club he has been in ... and I would take cups and trophies right now over some fairytale football that you think will help getting trophies.

You ask any football player out there whether they want trophies or rabonas... if we want to keep the likes of kane, we need trophies it's that simple.

Unfortunately the club doesn't call its fans to ask if we were entertaining enough

Well yeah
Unless you believe we’re trying to play Poch high press and win from the front
I mean there have been some games where it’s looked like that but I don’t think that’s the plan ...
I’d say we have played quite a variety of formations and styles so far under Jose
That’s why some people excuse some players inadequacies for example

Sorry i thought you meant Jose was trying to implement a new style from the one which he had already established last season.

Sorry i thought you meant Jose was trying to implement a new style from the one which he had already established last season.
I think he is to a point
Hence why the changes in formation several times this season
But it’s a radical change to the previous system and that takes time to embed abs of course the right players for the system
But that’s his job too

Back