• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Oh look are capable of playing on the front foot with our players

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Again controversial!

We look so much better suited to trying to play attacking football.

I get the counter as the primary approach versus certain teams ie City and Liverpool but we shouldn't be playing so flat and timidly against Brighton or even Wolves.

After the game Mou said he only brought on Scarlett (for 60 seconds) so that in years to come, he can say "I was the one that gave Scarlett his debut". Idiotic smug comment.

Today we played more offensive football, aided massively by West Brom sitting 11 men behind the ball in an ultra low defensive block.

It was better to watch, but I doubt Mou will have changed his spots; against most teams we will continue to stutter IMO.

that's the fun part about being a fan and the difference between fans and owners of the club I guess.

it's a really unusual season and spurs opened our stadium in time for covid and further delays to new sponsorship opportunities.

sacking jm now wouldn't make much business sense. I think many coaches wouldn't want to run this team without investment in players across many roles.

I am happy that someone of jm's stature continues to stay and demonstrate that the management and transfer committee we have needs to change its ways. if JM can't do it who can?

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

That's far too sensible and mature for an emotional and reactionary forum such as this.

But you're not wrong. I haven't seen any complaints from the players, though admittedly I have hunted in every nook and cranny. But The Athletic had whispers galore about player discontent long before Poch was sacked. That hasn't been the case thus far and I'm doubtful it will happen in this crazy season.

On paper, we're not doing badly. The eye test might say otherwise but our position in the table is not that bad and top four remains a strong possibility. But our hopes for a League Cup win got a jolt yesterday with that City performance at Anfield.

My stance is that if he shows signs of progress and development then he can turn around the negative atmosphere.

A lone win against WBA which he absolutely had to win is a start but is it a blip or a serious realisation of the approach that needs to take?

My stance on every coach/manager we've ever had is as long as they show progression and a willingness to learn from their mistakes and address them then they have my support.

Let's see if the coin has dropped for Jose.

That's far too sensible and mature for an emotional and reactionary forum such as this.

But you're not wrong. I haven't seen any complaints from the players, though admittedly I have hunted in every nook and cranny. But The Athletic had whispers galore about player discontent long before Poch was sacked. That hasn't been the case thus far and I'm doubtful it will happen in this crazy season.

On paper, we're not doing badly. The eye test might say otherwise but our position in the table is not that bad and top four remains a strong possibility. But our hopes for a League Cup win got a jolt yesterday with that City performance at Anfield.
Only WBA... Though how many times have we been burned in these games...

If we're looking for reactions from players that they have given up on Mourinho or are seriously unhappy with his management the WBA game wasn't an example of that. Had to live with not getting the lead we deserved in the first half, can't straight out in the second to create more.

Yeah only WBA yet Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool could only draw with them. There is simply no such thing as an easy game,and if there was ever a game the players could ‘down tools’ in to show they aren’t with the manager this was it. But there was a reaction to previous poor performances which is all you can ask. I doubt we will get a result against City who are flying, but if we can at least begin to master a better equilibrium between defence and attack then will stand us in good stead for the rest of the season having got out of the way three of the toughest fixtures second half of the season early on....

Some honestly are so divisive, they have made their point that they were not happy with Mourinho from the off, ok fine. Their voices were quiet up until after the Liverpool away game.
Every team goes through a terrible run of form and confidence once in a while, if it is sustained through the entire season then managers get sacked.

However, the fact that it's "Only WBA", or "Easy teams in the Cups" is just such a silly argument. Had we lost to WBA (Of which we are vary capable of) then it's a case of "Oh see he is rubbish", and we win so its "Its WBA". No win situation for those looking to support their arguments of "I told you so".

We can only beat the teams in front of us and that's it. Yesterday we saw for the first time in some time being able to break the lines of a team that pretty much were set up for a smash and grab; how many times have we worried or discussed our incompetence in being able to break down teams that play like this?

We were well deserving of the win, and to make it better we played on the front foot, and should have seen the game through well before the final whistle.

One game at a time for sure, but if we can build on yesterday in every essence from effort to line up, then for sure we can still make or challenge for the top four, win a trophy or dare i say it two.

Yeah only WBA yet Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool could only draw with them. There is simply no such thing as an easy game,and if there was ever a game the players could ‘down tools’ in to show they aren’t with the manager this was it. But there was a reaction to previous poor performances which is all you can ask. I doubt we will get a result against City who are flying, but if we can at least begin to master a better equilibrium between defence and attack then will stand us in good stead for the rest of the season having got out of the way three of the toughest fixtures second half of the season early on....
First double against them in a long time
Every game is unique in this league so is kind incomparable with others currently
WBA were poor, we got the job done playing good football along the way
City is a free hit for us right now so the focus has to be Everton first and foremost
Jose did say exactly what your saying in that we have had a bunch of tough fixtures in quick succession up to the city game, but again that’s football in this league

Exactly, 4 points behind Pool (and a top 4 spot) with a game in hand (regardless of how hard that game is) and a decent GD as well. In a cup final and still in two other cups.

A weird season where everyone is having odd results and bad runs, but we are at our usual the sky is fudging falling narrative.

My stance is that if he shows signs of progress and development then he can turn around the negative atmosphere.

A lone win against WBA which he absolutely had to win is a start but is it a blip or a serious realisation of the approach that needs to take?

My stance on every coach/manager we've ever had is as long as they show progression and a willingness to learn from their mistakes and address them then they have my support.

Agreed - although i think we're a little too late to expect to see any progress all of a sudden and i think he's circling the drain. But as long as he's still in the job he has the opportunity/a chance to prove me wrong i suppose.

lone win? perhaps it looks bleak compared to the string of 3 losses but looking back to the start of the season makes more sense. I think we beat Leicester, Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Man U so far?

lone win? perhaps it looks bleak compared to the string of 3 losses but looking back to the start of the season makes more sense. I think we beat Leicester, Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Man U so far?
We lost to Leicester

Despite what the naysayers are banging on about we ARE still in the race for a top four spot, most of those who are flapping their gums about getting Jose out are probably a large number of those who were against him getting the job. We shall see.

After the game Mou said he only brought on Scarlett (for 60 seconds) so that in years to come, he can say "I was the one that gave Scarlett his debut". Idiotic smug comment.

Today we played more offensive football, aided massively by West Brom sitting 11 men behind the ball in an ultra low defensive block.

It was better to watch, but I doubt Mou will have changed his spots; against most teams we will continue to stutter IMO.

Maybe I'm wrong but I read that as 'once he's a superstar, I'll be able to say I gave him his debut'. It's not the most fascinating comment ever, but I don't think there's much harm in bigging up a kid making his debut. In any case, that quote will be forgotten in two weeks, hopefully for the right reasons!

Back