• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

it’s wages
It was a gamble worth taking IMO
Yeah if a hang worked so far but I’d back that call 9 times out of 10
You can work out a players fitness but you can’t work out their drive and hunger from a distance
Gareth has been taking the tinkle out of Real for some time which is OK but sad for him career-wise. Why we bothered I have never understood except as a Levy vanity project, we now know how he likes these when we look at the manager.

it’s wages
It was a gamble worth taking IMO
Yeah if a hang worked so far but I’d back that call 9 times out of 10
You can work out a players fitness but you can’t work out their drive and hunger from a distance

I would have much preferred to have put the £13m towards say a Danny Ings for an example as a quality backup for our attack or a centre-half, we need both

Yeah
I mean in hindsight I would have preferred many things
I swear though if it was public that we could have got him a be didnt.... there would be plenty of fools complaining

I said the Bale return was stupidity from the off.

Do you really think we would ever know the ins and outs?

I'm sure if you could build a stadium out of league and FA Cups they might have had more priority the last 10-15 years

Beg to differ.

He dilly and dallys way too much.

Like I said, was a massive fan of his but when it comes to making the club 'one of the biggest in the World', as he has said before in the past, he is close but no cigar. A huge improvement on Sugar, no doubt, but opportunities have come and gone, with little to show for it. Even with the stadium, there should be more trophies.

Beg to differ.

Like I said, was a massive fan of his but when it comes to making the club 'one of the biggest in the World', as he has said before in the past, he is close but no cigar. A huge improvement on Sugar, no doubt, but opportunities have come and gone, with little to show for it. Even with the stadium, there should be more trophies.

What right do we have to be winning trophies ahead of rival clubs when we're held back financially whilst building a stadium?

You think it's fair to be demanding trophies and a stadium? Whilst competing in a league where there are 5-6 richer clubs?

Let's see what we do now the stadiums built, everything before was focussed on that.

What right do we have to be winning trophies ahead of rival clubs when we're held back financially whilst building a stadium?

You think it's fair to be demanding trophies and a stadium? Whilst competing in a league where there are 5-6 richer clubs?

Let's see what we do now the stadiums built, everything before was focussed on that.
TBF when I saw Levy on the team sheet I knew we would lose those semis and finals

Beg to differ.

He's now completed the first stage of his plan i.e. get the infrastructure in place, it's taken longer than anyone would've liked but some of that was due to circumstances beyond Levy's control.
The next 5 years will tell a lot and it's when he should start to be judged on what success we have on the pitch as the funds should now be there to support the playing side more.

TBF when I saw Levy on the team sheet I knew we would lose those semis and finals

The argument that the squads weren't deep enough and come crunch time that played it's part is a fair one (that others have made) but time and time again people who complain about Levy just fail to appreciate the impact a stadium build has on a club - and essentially their bar for being happy with him is for us to have built the stadium whilst competing with far far richer clubs - not just competing, because that's what we have been doing, but beating them, with our hands tied behind our backs.

It's a position that just doesn't stand up to scrutiny

We must refresh this squad and keep doing it!

I want to see
Lamela
Bergwyn
Maura
Dier
Alderweireld
Hart
Doherty

Refreshed

Beg to differ.

I can't agree with this either. I know we all want trophies but what Levy has given the club is so much more than a couple of League Cups or FA Cups. What he's done for the club and the local area is incredible and I'd put a statue of him up outside the ground if I had my way. I know we want success now but he's set this club up for a lot of future success and transformed us in a way that no other club has been transformed in the last 20 years save for the two lotto winners.

Makes a bunch of mistakes, and I believe Jose is the latest in that list, but gets far more right than he gets wrong.

Back