• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion

So what this does show is it’s not easy scoring against a low block if theh don’t give you simple easy chances
And allardyce has got his team defending better than we have managed for the last 3 games so far
Also means that we take our chances when they come. We have been wasteful

fudge off you utter clam ref! We're not given anything, but the slightest touch from us, and it a FK.
fudging useless clam

The attacking plan is to allow the players freedom to do their thing - it's widely known and reported on that he doesn't coach attavking player movement, or work attacking drills - when you're at clubs with top talent all the way through their team this can be effective but not when you're at a club that needs to be greater than the sum of it's parts or when you set up so defensively there just aren't enough players in the right areas.

You can carry on looking at a number in the goals scored column if you want but don't think it means anything by itself.

Let's argue this later. You are actually making part of a point that I was setting up to raise.

I beg to disagree. We have one very effective attacking play. I think Jose has others which have proven to be ineffective as shown in games where Son and Kane haven't played. Note that we have created 3 very good chances in this game with that 'so called one dimensional play' and yet we didn't finish them.
I'd argue that we aren't playing to the same single note attacking plan we had previously. The one dimensional attack was when we sat deep and played the ball into Kane who dropped into midfield around the halfway line back to goal Son in tandem would make an outside to in curved run latching onto a through ball played Kane.

That is nothing like how we are playing today, where we have our CBs sitting just behind the halfway line and are progressing the ball down the flanks with the attempt at moving the entire side further forward so we have supporting runs and players to interchange with.

Look at the passes Ndombele, Hojberg and Lamela have been making this is not the attacking plan of previous matches.

So what this does show is it’s not easy scoring against a low block if theh don’t give you simple easy chances
And allardyce has got his team defending better than we have managed for the last 3 games so far

don't think anyone disputes the effectiveness of a low block? That said West Brom have rode their luck, we've had a lot of chances

I'd argue that we aren't playing to the same single note attacking plan we had previously. The one dimensional attack was when we sat deep and played the ball into Kane who dropped into midfield around the halfway line back to goal Son in tandem would make an outside to in curved run latching onto a through ball played Kane.

That is nothing like how we are playing today, where we have our CBs sitting just behind the halfway line and are progressing the ball down the flanks with the attempt at moving the entire side further forward so we have supporting runs and players to interchange with.

Look at the passes Ndombele, Hojberg and Lamela have been making this is not the attacking plan of previous matches.

Fair point and I do see where the basis for your argument comes from.

Back