• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

We should have won something with the side that Poch had
We didn’t
He’s a nobody and hardly tearing trees up with PSG

He hadn’t won anything before he rocked up here
He got lucky with us having an excellent side but couldn’t get us over the line

He’s a good coach but failed as a manager most notably when he threatened to resign just before the biggest game in our history
Then compounded it by not travelling back with his beaten side

Deservedly got sacked imv

Not going well with Jose either a proven winner and I really don’t know what we’re going to do

Give him more time and hope or get rid get a caretaker manager and start afresh next season

Huge game for us tomorrow

I agree that Poch inherited a great side and think the key rather then the manager is in getting the ingredients right. Anyone can bake a cake if they have the right ingredients.

I agree that Poch inherited a great side and think the key rather then the manager is in getting the ingredients right. Anyone can bake a cake if they have the right ingredients.
It’s funny how hindsight works.... I can remember the sentiment on here when Poch took over. It wasn’t that we were on the verge of winning trophies at all. I think the general consensus was that we’d finish about 6th or 7th. Rose wasn’t rated by many, we had Kaboul at the back, Adabayor up front, a been here too long Aaron Lennon. Poch brought in Mason and Bentaleb as our central midfield.

Poch took us from that to CL regulars on £30 million net spend, not £30m a year but £30m IN TOTAL until his final window when he finally got CL type money to spend, brought some good players and then got sacked before getting the chance to use those players.

Poch failed to address his own system of play ... our fullbacks and system was at times unplayable with rose and walker anchored by Toby and vertonghen, and a player in dembele who could relief pressure much like ndombele when teams tried to press us.

Shame, that's what all the great managers do is refresh players in positions when things got stale, that is on levy and circumstances.

Poch failed to address his own system of play ... our fullbacks and system was at times unplayable with rose and walker anchored by Toby and vertonghen, and a player in dembele who could relief pressure much like ndombele when teams tried to press us.

Shame, that's what all the great managers do is refresh players in positions when things got stale, that is on levy and circumstances.
Sessegnon was to be his new Rose. He wanted him one year earlier than we got him so he could be eased in. He finally got him a year late but then got sacked before he could even use him.
Grealish was to be the new Eriksen, again he wanted him one year before Eriksen would leave.
Ndombele the Dembele replacement (and a good one I think).
I agree though that he got nowhere near replacing the two central defenders.

Agreed. Rodgers plays good football, gets a team playing to great than sum of the parts, has made some excellent signings. Only thing which he doesnt have is a big name

He'd restore the reputation of our club
I just can't get over his Neanderthal looks. Makes it hard to imagine there's a good coaching mind inside that skull.

I agree but will Levy sanction paying him off?

That might be a way fwd but tactics need to change

Of course he will, the only question is how long does he give Jose to prove himself inept (in Levys mind)

On this form it will be soon, make no misyake Levy knows 9 points in 10 games is not sustainable

Sessegnon was to be his new Rose. He wanted him one year earlier than we got him so he could be eased in. He finally got him a year late but then got sacked before he could even use him.
Grealish was to be the new Eriksen, again he wanted him one year before Eriksen would leave.

Poch bought Sissoko Sanchez Aurier and Moura spending £122 million

Enough said

Of course he will, the only question is how long does he give him to prove himself inept

He’s already done that imv

Knowing Levy it’s how he can extricate Jose with the minimum financial loss

I keep reading about the terms of his contract
How many wins
League position
Qualifying for CL etc
Might be a way out for him

Telegraph saying Jose is toast if he loses tomorrow

What like win the league with Leicester ... yeah never going to happen

They beat us to league in 2016 and we haven't won it since 1961.

Also, he said he rejected us in 2012 because how quickly Levy gets through managers. May have changed his mind now and we are a bigger club but given our under performing players, he'd be right be say back me or forget me.

What do you chaps think of Thomas Frank as a left field option? Brentford play some good stuff and I'm all for a proven manager, even at lower league, who is on the up rather than promoting an assistant / recent ex-player in the hope they are decent.

He's done a fantastic job there. We could do a lot worse.

At least Poch had a style of play. With Mourinho we have no plan, we have no system or way of attacking. Its a shambles. Sunday league teams have more of a plan

Sessegnon will never be like rose, he doesn't have that explosive pace but the rest I agree with. Levy fudged it with Grealish big time.

They beat us to league in 2016 and we haven't won it since 1961.

Also, he said he rejected us in 2012 because how quickly Levy gets through managers. May have changed his mind now and we are a bigger club but given our under performing players, he'd be right be say back me or forget me.

No managers are going to be backed completely by Levy

Back