• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Rodgers is massively arrogant but his teams are good to watch, he'd get us playing well at least and maybe with better players and a bigger budget could do well. I read that when he was younger he spent months going round to all the clubs in Europe looking at their coaching set up, how they looked after players, difference tactical setups in different leagues etc in a bit to learn and improve and that doesn't seem to get mentioned a lot.

Liverpool job was probably too early for him but at 48 he's probably got the right level of experience to handle something bigger and I'm sure his ego would also tell him that.

He'd be a gamble in that do we think he's good enough to challenge for the title given his previous and how Leicester fell away in the 2nd half of the season but not in that we'd be guaranteed some decent football and more exciting matches.

Where does the arrogant label for Rodgers come from? I'm not saying its not true, and perhaps I haven't listened to enough interviews by him, but not aware of it

Even if he is arrogant, its difficult to see that he is more arrogant than Mourinho and I'm not really sure that it bothers me too much if he is arrogant. The main things which I care about are his day job - getting a way of playing established, making players better, signing good players etc etc etc

I'm with you. Rodgers is a perfect viable candidate. There might be others but he's worthy of strong consideration

Rodgers is only 48 though so plenty young enough to build an era

I think he’d probably come to us, but I doubt he’d do it mid-season. I know he did at Celtic but this feels different.

I’d definitely take him at the end of the season.

I think he’d probably come to us, but I doubt he’d do it mid-season. I know he did at Celtic but this feels different.

I’d definitely take him at the end of the season.

Who knows. I guess it depends on whether he thinks we'll go elsewhere if he says no to a mid-season move, and also really how attractive we are to him

I wouldnt object to a caretaker like Harry til the summer and then Rodgers, but prefer the right man now

I'd be very surprised if Rodgers left what he has now at Leicester for us.

There was talk of him going to arsenal before arteta and before he signed his contract ... dont think it's completely out of the question ... he has a good eye for transfers and the occasional brain fart.

I dokt like him but I don't like Jose either ... I just want the manager to be backed and successful. Dont care what a clam he is, however this doesn't include sherwood.

What does he have at Leicester? A team that might qualify for the CL? get it right at Spurs and you're talking about a lot more than that

Why and how? Currently their recruitment is exceptional without buying ready made players.... surely it would be exactly the same with us. Sideways move currently.

Why and how? Currently their recruitment is exceptional without buying ready made players.... surely it would be exactly the same with us. Sideways move currently.

We've now got the foundation in place in mix it with the big boys whereas Leicester will always be a small to mid sized club from the midlands - once we get it right we can run with it, not the case there.

We've now got the foundation in place in mix it with the big boys whereas Leicester will always be a small to mid sized club from the midlands - once we get it right we can run with it, not the case there.

Exactly. I think we can offer a lot to Rodgers and realistically he's not going to get a bigger or similar level job in the PL. Man C and Cheatski always go overseas, Liverpool probably wouldnt go back to him and Gerrard is next up for them anyway,.....if he ever wants to manage a big club again, its us or no-one

I’d be happy with Rodgers.

Annoying face. Annoying voice. But has good experience now, seems to develop players, tends to get results. Looks like he buys fairly well. Knows the league.

Young-ish, big-ish name that should command some respect.

One negative would be fairly limited European experience iirc??

They buy well because Rodgers isn't in charge of the buying. They have Director of Football, a Head of Senior Player Recruitment and a team of analysts working to find the hidden gems (ie. the ones that the big clubs aren't entirely convinced about).

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-leicester-city-find-sign-2890646

The worst thing we can do is to hire a successful coach and give him a free reign.

Where have I gotten the idea that Rodgers doesnt like Levy? Something about him not interviewing him/no giving him the job before?

They buy well because Rodgers isn't in charge of the buying. They have Director of Football, a Head of Senior Player Recruitment and a team of analysts working to find the hidden gems (ie. the ones that the big clubs aren't entirely convinced about).

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-leicester-city-find-sign-2890646

The worst thing we can do is to hire a successful coach and give him a free reign.

We have fudged off two successful DOF as they refuse to work with Levy.

Rob Mckenzie and Paul Mitchell - I imagine Mitchell is in Naglesmans ear about working with Levy.

They have done well on this front - not signing castagne or arrons has been a huge mistake. We should have both of them as our right back options but instead have two clowns.

Tielemans should have been signed but we probably didnt go ahead with it because his position is again blocked by another average player in sissoko.

The club didnt press ahead with maddison on two occasions and also at villa we didnt get the grealish deal done years ago. We spent how many years uming and aring over tierney. We should have him and reguilon as our left back options. Our centre defensive options are a joke. Fonfana looks impressive and relatively cheap signing too.

All epic mistakes by us.

You overrate our players massively as is clear to everyone. None of them and I mean none of them have elicted any serious interest from rivals or higher prestige sides despite many of them being available at various times. You're going to be forever disappointed in what any manager archives because you can't see what's actually in front of your eyes. Kane is world class, Son has been at times and the Belgium defenders were a great duo. The rest are just good players except Lamela who is midtable standard.

Poch's system and coaching has made you think the parts were better than the sun when it was the other way around. Now you're seeing the effect of just having the parts and it doesn't quite add up to what you think it does.

Very true and now a lot of these players are older and their better games are behind them.

Baleforce seems like a lovely guy but he’s comfortably the most deluded fan I’ve ever met of any club in my life :D ironic that he hates Liverpool so much when he’s just like them in reality, he’d fit right in with their deluded fanbase . Like you say, Kane and Son are the only world class players we’ve had during the Poch era or now with Jose. The rest are excellent players (Eriksen, Dembele, Toby, Jan, Walker, Lloris, Rose) or midtable/squad players (Lamela, Dier, Sissoko. I’d argue Poch had the players to win a trophy or two but I agree about having a system in place that didn’t rely on certain star players. We coped just fine without Kane, Toby, Jan etc for long periods and even beat top teams without them; City (on numerous occasions), Ajax, Chelsea. You have to credit the manager for that.

Spot on. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

That's probably why he hates them so much, he recognises himself in their fanbase. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

They have done well on this front - not signing castagne or arrons has been a huge mistake. We should have both of them as our right back options but instead have two clowns.

Tielemans should have been signed but we probably didnt go ahead with it because his position is again blocked by another average player in sissoko.

The club didnt press ahead with maddison on two occasions and also at villa we didnt get the grealish deal done years ago. We spent how many years uming and aring over tierney. We should have him and reguilon as our left back options. Our centre defensive options are a joke. Fonfana looks impressive and relatively cheap signing too.

All epic mistakes by us.

Bro you are not wrong in the slightest. If we just looked at a list of players we almost signed but Levy ummed and erred and didn't follow through with you'll bloody cry. [emoji30]

That makes sense when you look at the financials, the money spent on fees and salaries.

I don’t think it’s true when you look at the actual players involved though, we had a team loaded with world class players, as good as anyone else in the world in their position at the time, Lloris, Verts, Toby, Demebele, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Kane. You could count on one hand the players from Barca or Madrid that would have got a start in that team.

For a little while, our recruitment dept had the Midas touch.
That is the only time Lamela has ever been mentioned in that sort of company (unless they were all out injured together once?)

Back