• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Funny how some want nuno santo, he doesn't have anything on Mourinho, his record is currently atrocious and is behind mourinhos tottenham.

He's an odd-one. Did brilliantly with Wolves last year but horrifically this year.

They have quite a lot of very good players on the ball (Neves I think is brilliant) but they play extremely defensively

We could get better than him I think

He's an odd-one. Did brilliantly with Wolves last year but horrifically this year.

They have quite a lot of very good players on the ball (Neves I think is brilliant) but they play extremely defensively

He is trying to change their style and system over a season and their missing best player
But their transfer model is set up by an agent so that influence can’t help at times. They paid a lot for semedo and he is awful
They paid a paid for an unproven kid that could have been spent on a player for now that they needed
They also sold their second best player to pool in a buy now pay later deal which was very very odd

They miss Doherty.

Though I feel like there's almost zero chance of Jose going before the summer, my hope is that whoever we hire has three specific qualities.

1/ A specific idea of how to play in possession — how to control games and create chances consistently. I don't really care what the style is — it could be Hasenhuttl's Klopp-like counter pressing or Rodgers' possession/short-passing based system — but I am just so sick of watching Jose's reactive deep block and counter. Plus, I don't think it suits a lot of our players who were bought to play in Poch's possession system.

2 / This one is a little less specific, but I want somebody who is looking to build something sustainable at the club. In his entire career, Jose has never stayed more than 3 or 4 years at a club and in recent years, he's almost always left the club in a worse position than he found it. He clearly targets short-term gains at all costs, and unless we totally change our wage structure to compete w/ the Liverpools, Uniteds, and Citys, we're never going to be able to compete at the top unless we build something over the long-term. Jose has never been that person, and I hope our next manager does.

3 / A real commitment to player development, especially young players. I guess this is one spot where you could argue that Jose's been ok, but none of our young players have really improved under Jose (I don't count Ndombele) and have mostly stagnated. I also think that comes to the transfer market, where we invested in seven new players, none (Besides Rodon) of which you'd really consider a young, up-and-coming player.

I don't hate Jose as much as some, but I just think he's a bad fit for our club. I don't think it's our divine right to win anything, but I do think a club of our stature should be playing much more interesting and exciting football than we have since he came to the club.

According to some its all down to the manager and not the player, Hasenhuttl's currently getting torn a new one against a team that we dismantled with ease. I didn't see some post anything about Mourinho then.

For any manager to succeed we need a full clearance of the deck including the reliance on kane. We can't get a striker in to challenge kane coz it's never going to happen.

I would ship them all out, get a manager that wants to build his own team.

This manager though has to be given free range on transfers within the budgets of the club and given a fervent chance, without moaning tacos the first time things go a little south.

Further to this the manager has to genuinely have pedigree, a winning mentality and a willingness to work with levy and his constraints.

Nevertheless we will only be competing at best, always the ugly sister at the dance.

For any manager to succeed we need a full clearance of the deck including the reliance on kane. .

Kane, Son, Dele, Bergwijn, GLC, Bale, Ndombele and PEH give us a great basis for midfield and attack.

REguilon is a decent LB

Aurier and Doherty are passable RBs

Lloris has occassional screw-ups but is solid 95% of the time (ie 36 games out of 38 per season)

WE dont need a clear out. Just a manager to play to the squad's strengths

Kane, Son, Dele, Bergwijn, GLC, Bale, Ndombele and PEH give us a great basis for midfield and attack.

REguilon is a decent LB

Aurier and Doherty are passable RBs

Lloris has occassional screw-ups but is solid 95% of the time (ie 36 games out of 38 per season)

WE dont need a clear out. Just a manager to play to the squad's strengths

I would have to agree but the same duds have been here long enough to prove that they turn up regardless.

However it's just not the case.

So, about this Hassenhutl fella, any takers tonight?

If Jose were to leave, I'd still have him high on my list of potential replacements (behind Nagelsmann, Rose, Rodgers among others). Obviously, shipping 9 goals twice isn't great, but I still think he's overachieved at Southampton, played some quality football, and brought through some promising young players

If Jose were to leave, I'd still have him high on my list of potential replacements (behind Nagelsmann, Rose, Rodgers among others). Obviously, shipping 9 goals twice isn't great, but I still think he's overachieved at Southampton, played some quality football, and brought through some promising young players

As I said earlier in the thread, he also stood inactive on the sideline as we took his team apart by playing the same ball time after time earlier in the season. He followed that by crying after his team beat Liverpool in a PL game.

Overrated.

As I said earlier in the thread, he also stood inactive on the sideline as we took his team apart by playing the same ball time after time earlier in the season. He followed that by crying after his team beat Liverpool in a PL game.

Overrated.

That's fair, I can't say I watch a ton of Southampton games. That said, from what I've seen, I like the way Southampton plays, even though the squad is pretty uninspiring. I'd rather go with someone with more European experience (Nagelsmann and Rodgers, for instance), but I think he should be considered.

Back