• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Seen a few Diego Costa rumours re him signing for us. I’m not convinced but with it being deadline day, I’m not sure it can be ruled out.

It's pretty obvious we are desperate for a centre back. Fingers crossed we get someone. Upemecano or Tah would be excellent, but don't think they'd come to us unfortunately.

It's pretty obvious we are desperate for a centre back. Fingers crossed we get someone. Upemecano or Tah would be excellent, but don't think they'd come to us unfortunately.

I think it’s too late in the window for any top names to arrive. They would command a premium fee as they would be unlikely replaced by their selling club. Let’s face it, if we do premium deals, it’s not last minute shock deals.

We’re stuck with what we have I think. Manager needs to change tactics to get the best out of them now that every club in Europe knows they just need to stick to Kane when he drops deep and stop him turning to kill our single way of constructing an attack.

The best we can hope for is a loan of an experienced older defender.

I am surprised we have not done any pre contract bosman type deals.

I’m always surprised that so few deals, if any, are conducted pre window ready to be in place. I know clubs want their players committed to playing for them but you’d think clubs would open communication at least in the week leading to the transfer window, if not before, in order to get deals ready to be completed when the window opens. I know there is a lot of factors to be considered which can affect transfers but still.

I remember saying i was prepared to write off last season so Poch could turn it around and was given pelters - at this rate we're going to be no better off 2 seasons later
Said the same
I get why we sacked Poch. It was the cheapest option but I think a lot of sensible fans would have happily taken a brick season to start progressing
Look at pool under Klopp
4 seasons to get anywhere other the odd final loss (sound familiar)

Back