• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

the conservative vaccine strategy is simple, buy buy buy. The same as every piece of procurement his gang have been involved in. When it came to actual trying to sort track and trace from scratch his gang have been an unmitigated cluster feck!
It’s because they used their cronies
I’ve said it already
The difference with the vaccine was it was managed and set up by experts in their field
As I said earlier when a mate emailed me the 113 page handbook for setting up a drive in test centre that was sent to the companies (from Deloitte form memory) I just laughed
This was given to companies that run outdoors events and it was written by a bunch of history grads with a graphic designer alongside them
Sledge hammer meet walnut
But if it means the consultancy can get a huge fee then that ticks a box for some parts of the government
We have a PPE shortage... I know speak to Parker’s or greenhams or companies that actually provide PPE for a living.... nah I’ll get a load of companies that make NO money to get it in from anywhere and everywhere

but as I say, the vaccine (probably because everyone was focussed on PPE) was left to people who actually knew what they were doing and it appears to have worked

It’s because they used their cronies
I’ve said it already
The difference with the vaccine was it was managed and set up by experts in their field
As I said earlier when a mate emailed me the 113 page handbook for setting up a drive in test centre that was sent to the companies (from Deloitte form memory) I just laughed
This was given to companies that run outdoors events and it was written by a bunch of history grads with a graphic designer alongside them
Sledge hammer meet walnut
But if it means the consultancy can get a huge fee then that ticks a box for some parts of the government
We have a PPE shortage... I know speak to Parker’s or greenhams or companies that actually provide PPE for a living.... nah I’ll get a load of companies that make NO money to get it in from anywhere and everywhere

but as I say, the vaccine (probably because everyone was focussed on PPE) was left to people who actually knew what they were doing and it appears to have worked

liked this post. cronies just about nails it! 113 pages made chuckle!
my nickname for Johnson is Mr Tumble!

Almost half a million doses given per day is pretty impressive though hey? I know if supply was unlimited then some would argue we could be doing 24 hour football stadiums and getting everyone done in a week, however we know the supply isn't unlimited, produced and ready to hand so churning out half a million each day feels like a huge achievement (assuming we can keep it up until at least the 50+ etc. are finished)

Hence my sentence also had the words at times...
there is a time and place for big and powerful
And a time and place for being small and flexible
Hungary are showing that now as pet of the EU I believe
Absolutely there is a time and place for both - it's actually why the EU and the US are probably the best set ups within the global economy we have as they allow for the power of the large block and flexibility of the individual "state".

Hungary is a great case study - they are showing that you can have strong sovereign direction whilst still part of the EU outside of the huge counties.
Conversely their move to the right is also probably a result of their EU membership - lots of their younger people moved away to more liberal countries, leaving the older and the more nationalistic behind to reminisce (myopically) on the idealism of an equal society as part of the eastern bloc.

What happens there with their political direction and what the EU does will be very interesting. Similarly with Poland and Austria.

Absolutely there is a time and place for both - it's actually why the EU and the US are probably the best set ups within the global economy we have as they allow for the power of the large block and flexibility of the individual "state".

Hungary is a great case study - they are showing that you can have strong sovereign direction whilst still part of the EU outside of the huge counties.
Conversely their move to the right is also probably a result of their EU membership - lots of their younger people moved away to more liberal countries, leaving the older and the more nationalistic behind to reminisce (myopically) on the idealism of an equal society as part of the eastern bloc.

What happens there with their political direction and what the EU does will be very interesting. Similarly with Poland and Austria.
Yep
100%
Europe is not huge compared to some continents but the diversity is massive
Add in Politics abs the recent 100 year history and it’s a real mixed bag of expectations and demands

Excellent post mate. Remainers and leavers often take such extreme positions, it is either all good or all bad. It’s a shame the EU have fudged up on initial procurement and have been absolute arses in the way they have tried to deal with that initial fudge up.

But they will catch up and the vaccination programme is a long game. We have done well with the rollout but have taken more risks than other countries. But the EU making a mistake is not proof that the whole is the terrible behemoth that some posters make out.
Oh, you'll make me blush!

It might actually be a good thing that the EU screwed up - the impact looks like it will be minimal, but they have shown a kind of humility and ability to U-turn that I'm not sure anyone knew was possibly.
Love or hate Brexit, it has changed the power balance and relationships in Europe, so this could be a new and very useful skill for the EU and overall relationships.

Yep
400%
Europe is not huge compared to some continents but the diversity is massive
Add in Politics abs the recent 100 year history and it’s a real mixed bag of expectations and demands
I think that might be the first time in about 5 years we have agreed on politics!! :D:D
It only took a pandemic.
2021.....what a ride!

I used to work with his cousin
Odd chap
Made people cry but couldn’t understand why, whilst telling them they were sh1t

I can't deny that he is a phenomenal interviewer and he is an astute mind. But clearly a bully too. Also he is a top boy at the Spectator which has been spectacularly wrong about so much during this pandemic and he clearly has some accountability there. He deflects it with such arrogance that its hard to not to he impressed by him. clam.

I can't deny that he is a phenomenal interviewer and he is an astute mind. But clearly a bully too. Also he is a top boy at the Spectator which has been spectacularly wrong about so much during this pandemic and he clearly has some accountability there. He deflects it with such arrogance that its hard to not to he impressed by him. clam.
I think he is a nasty prick myself

As I posted two days ago...

This week is the first one in which I feel the momentum has really begun to shift during this pandemic. There are so many effective vaccines coming through now that it really feels like the end might be in sight - even if that is probably still a few months off.

I hardly ever came into Randomination before this all kicked off. I can’t wait to get back to our brick central defence being my major concern; and posting on here over a lovely coffee, and poached eggs on toast, in my favourite cafe.

One day you might post some good news or some positivity on this thread haha

Hard to be too positive, though, with over 1,000 people still dying each day.

Last edited:

Hard to be too positive, though, with over 1,000 people still dying taking what’s written in the Guardian as gospel each day.

FTFY.

I actually have a Guardian subscription as I like some of their columnists but their coronavirus coverage has been so unrelentingly bleak (with their journalists taking the glass is half empty perspective on every single piece of hopeful news just so they can write a headline to bash bungling Boris with) that I have pretty much avoided their health section of late; unless it’s a piece written by an actual expert like professor Sridhar, Dr Rasmussen or prof Spiegelhalter who are more interested in the science than politics.

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/devi-sridhar

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/angela-rasmussen

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/david-spiegelhalter

FTFY.

I actually have a Guardian subscription as I like some of their columnists but their coronavirus coverage has been so unrelentingly bleak (with their journalists taking the glass is half empty perspective on every single piece of hopeful news just so they can write a headline to bash bungling Boris with) that I have pretty much avoided their health section of late; unless it’s a piece written by an actual expert like professor Sridhar, Dr Rasmussen or prof Spiegelhalter who are more interested in the science than politics.

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/devi-sridhar

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/angela-rasmussen

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/david-spiegelhalter

A Guardian subscription? Are you paying @scaramanga to post here as well?

Back