• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

It's the crux of the argument - why would we back a results manager, who isn't getting results?

Catch 22, back a proven manager who has got results everywhere he has been or dont leaving him no chance to succeed.

I would agree if the manager was unproven and looked out of his depth, but this is Mourinho the most successful manager in the world currently.

Part of the problem with Mourinho as a fit for Spurs. We can't at the moment spend £65m on each player - the Ndombele price tag is the anomaly. Most of the time we'll sign players with the hope that they because someone like Diaz, rather than Diaz himself

Completely agree, but there are players just below the Diaz bracket that can come in a do a job and its up to our scouts to find them. We don't always have to shop in the bargain aisles. Levy has loosened the purse strings of late even with Covid.

There are some very good CBs out there that can easily oust Dier and Alderwierald without having to pay extortionate prices.

I believe we were in for Diaz and got Rodon as an upstart. Dier signed a contract and now has sale value, Alder a stop gap.
They both would have walked for free.

No defender is not going to make mistakes its unrealistic to keep assuming so, but better defenders are out there.

Who is going to sign Dier? He will be on big wages and wont want to leave for any of the clubs stupid enough to buy him.

Who is going to sign Dier? He will be on big wages and wont want to leave for any of the clubs stupid enough to buy him.

I dont have that much incite into Diers choosing, or other clubs transfer dealings, but If he is not playing he will walk like he almost did before. I think I remember him saying that he needs games to be happy.

Catch 22, back a proven manager who has got results everywhere he has been or dont leaving him no chance to succeed.

He bought 9 players in 2 windows and praised the backing he got from the club - there's been little to no improvement

I dont have that much incite into Diers choosing, or other clubs transfer dealings, but If he is not playing he will walk like he almost did before. I think I remember him saying that he needs games to be happy.

Yeah he might say he would walk. But like Toby and to a degree Eriksen I dont think he would find as many clubs wanting him as he thinks.

No one, the idea that we're going to be selling him isn't even worth contemplating.

We might sell Aurier and replace him, but it certainly won't be Doherty as he's just signed.

We won't be selling Dier Rodon or Alderweireld, (2 x new contracts and a new signing) we'll try and sell Sanchez and replace him.

We won't be selling Davies and unless Madrid come in we won't be selling Regulion either.

So there might be room for a CB upgrade if we can shift Sanchez and there might be room for a RB upgrade if we shift Aurier.

Let's hope the players we sign, if we do, are better than Doherty & Rodon - Mourinhos two defensive signings thus far

Edit : just as likely that in the current climate Levy is wondering whether Davies and Tangana can cover the Sanchez outgoing with Sessengnon being brought back to play back up to Reggie. Welcome to N17 Jose

It's the crux of the argument - why would we back a results manager, who isn't getting results?
Isn’t getting results? Is there not some sort of middle ground here? We have had some poor results for sure, but also some damn good ones. Do you want to show me all the sides that have consistently got good results throughout the season and have pulled way ahead of us? Emirates Marketing Project apart who are on another level, as I thought Liverpool would be yet even after our defeat to them we will be only a point behind them if we take advantage of our game in hand. In a cup final, seen no reason why we can’t go deep in the Europa at the very least too. And despite the apparent disaster that we are only a couple of points off top 4 having played one of the toughest teams twice.

It’s interesting watching the pattern that has developed with certain sections of this forum under Mourinho - go on a decent run and nothing is made of it, a single defeat and his job is apparently under threat. The funny thing is I can almost guarantee Levy hasn’t even thought about pulling the trigger, but it is entertaining watching posters get their knickers in a twist nonetheless....

No one, the idea that we're going to be selling him isn't even worth contemplating.

We might sell Aurier and replace him, but it certainly won't be Doherty as he's just signed.

We won't be selling Dier Rodon or Alderweireld, we'll try and sell Sanchez and replace him.

We won't be selling Davies and unless Madrid come in we won't be selling Regulion either.

So there might be room for a CB upgrade if we can shift Sanchez and there might be room for a RB upgrade if we shift Aurier.

Let's hope the players we sign, if we do are better than Doherty & Rodon

Dont think Rodon has been given a chance but what we should have done was what we did with Kyle Walker and signed him.then loaned him to a prem.team for experience.

He bought 9 players in 2 windows and praised the backing he got from the club - there's been little to no improvement

And yet he has openly come out and said some were not his choices but trusted the scouting staff. Bergwijn for example.

Isn’t getting results? Is there not some sort of middle ground here? We have had some poor results for sure, but also some damn good ones. Do you want to show me all the sides that have consistently got good results throughout the season and have pulled way ahead of us? Emirates Marketing Project apart who are on another level, as I thought Liverpool would be yet even after our defeat to them we will be only a point behind them if we take advantage of our game in hand. In a cup final, seen no reason why we can’t go deep in the Europa at the very least too. And despite the apparent disaster that we are only a couple of points off top 4 having played one of the toughest teams twice.

It’s interesting watching the pattern that has developed with certain sections of this forum under Mourinho - go on a decent run and nothing is made of it, a single defeat and his job is apparently under threat. The funny thing is I can almost guarantee Levy hasn’t even thought about pulling the trigger, but it is entertaining watching posters get their knickers in a twist nonetheless....

We're currently only 4 points better off than this stage last season despite that including 12 games of brick that got Poch sacked. That's getting results is it?

Last edited:
And yet he has openly come out and said some were not his choices but trusted the scouting staff. Bergwijn for example.

Who he plays every week.

That's what he has to deal with, like everyone else that has managed here.

Who he plays every week.

That's what he has to deal with, like everyone else that has managed here.

So you now agree that these are not Mourinhos choices or you are still saying that? So instead of solely looking at Mourinho perhaps look at the scouting network as well.

No manager will succeed if they are given players that they don't want. Bale would be another example.

Dont think Rodon has been given a chance but what we should have done was what we did with Kyle Walker and signed him.then loaned him to a prem.team for experience.

I wasn't complaining about Rodon, looks a good young player - but another CB of that level in alongside him isn't going going to transform our defence. Gazza seems to think we're going to buying 3 Diaz level defenders to play next to Reggie - i think he needs a bit of a reality check

So you now agree that these are not Mourinhos choices or you are still saying that? So instead of solely looking at Mourinho perhaps look at the scouting network as well.

No manager will succeed if they are given players that they don't want. Bale would be another example.

Those things aren't changing though mate, no club gives managers free reign with signings.

Back