• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs Bin Dippers ***

Unless dier demonstrates he can stop basic errors he won’t be staring next season IMO
I agree massively on sissoko. We had is much more ball today without him although there were times when he could have been useful
We had much more of the ball and had what?... 3 shots to their 14 in the game! and that was with Liverpool being in the lead for 50 minutes of the game which usually results in the team who are losing, attacking and getting a few shots in!

True
And arguably every goal is a mistake
But still as I said earlier we ain’t conceding worldies, but we’re having to score them
Which indicates what?..... That we are terrible at defending and yet set up to do a lot of it.... and we're set up to do so little attacking that our goals have to be worldies to succeed?

Rogers got them top 2 and closer to the title than anyone in 1 season. That’s pretty damn good and closer than we ever got
Klopp in his first season finished lower than Jose did here for us last season and joined around the same time ish comparably
I will say though if we don’t get a trophy and Europe this season then it’s a failure as there is no progression
Rogers is a good manager as he demonstrated at Celtic (I know it's a pub league but they still dominated) and now at Leicester.

Sherwood reckoned a fit Kane would have closed down the ball from Henderson.

Thoughts?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
You can see when you pause it that Kane should be going over to that side of the pitch to even up the numbers... but there were four other chances to stop that goal that were much better ones (Davies not being completely asleep and 5 yards behind the defensive line). Dier being a man and dealing with the ball in, Lloris being a man and dealing with the ball in, Aurier tracking the Mane run instead of trying to play him offside/go to cover Robertson instead).

Ok
Can’t argue with that
But I’d add it’s possible that the players are now too stupid/broken/arrogant or a combination of them to listen and understand
As I’ve said it’s not new for them to play like this
Anything is possible.... let's stick though with what is probable. We're set up to play a deep, defensive, long ball game, despite having players who would probably suit the opposite.

And Southampton will hate us even more. I do wonder though if our treatment of Pochettino would make a manager like Hasunhuttl think twice. Southampton showed him a lot of loyalty when they were bottom of the league and had been humped 9-0. Levy didn't show Poch anything like that same loyalty despite the manager having a huge amount of credit in the Bank for our rise from Europa league also rans to CL regulars.
We gave him two extensions to his contract here and paid him £12m a season
That’s loyalty in football terms

Rogers is a good manager as he demonstrated at Celtic (I know it's a pub league but they still dominated) and now at Leicester.
That’s kinda what I said but weirdly it’s been knocked back
Rogers had pool second in his second season and they should have won the league
That’s a bigger improvement than Klopp made for 4 seasons

my penny's worth:

1) Dier at fault. believe Rio said the same, it's his line, he's got the man, even if Lloris calls for it, you clear it, you don't take a chance. It's utter schoolboy defending and i mean that non-figuratively. In amateur local youth football you're told two things, never pass across your own box, and never leave a ball running through. That's not the first time Dier has failed to clear his line. Amateur. He's a PL level CB if that level is Sheff Utd or Burnley.
I would rather have either of the two at Burnley.... Mee or (especially) Tarwkowski

Anything is possible.... let's stick though with what is probable. We're set up to play a deep, defensive, long ball game, despite having players who would probably suit the opposite.
I don’t know anymore
I mean making the same basic errors repetitively shows a lot of stupidity

I'm so tired of this brick .. really trying not to put the tinfoil hat on but

- No VAR look when it was clear keeper was outside (sending off)
- Son's goal being ruled off with what looks like picking the wrong frame
- Tiago should have been yellow carded for his first tackle on Kane (both feet off ground, not in control), so should have been off as well
- Son fouled in box (haven't looked at replays, but again, VAR didn't even review)

We still had our own problems but why the fudge does it seem we are always playing against 12 men?
Items 1 and 2 I agree with. Although it may be that VAR isn't there to judge on scenario 1? It's not a dangerous tackle or a penalty or a goal.
The third one I thought was a yellow at the time. I think though had he been yellow carded then he wouldn't have committed the second yellow card offence (he isn't a stupid player).
Son wasn't fouled in the box. VAR will always look at things but only flag a VAR review if they need the game stopped. I expect they looked at that one and saw it was no foul so allowed the game to continue.

I disagree, Levy gave him a long time to turn things around, almost a year, performances and xG started dropping in 2018.
We can only dream of finishing 4th and getting to a CL final under the current manager!

If Levy is looking at XG then I'm not sure our new manager should still be here?!?

We can only dream of finishing 4th and getting to a CL final under the current manager!

If Levy is looking at XG then I'm not sure our new manager should still be here?!?
TBF we could only dream of making CL final in pochs reign. I mean it was a pipe dream and then some
Top 4 though is still doable

Items 1 and 2 I agree with. Although it may be that VAR isn't there to judge on scenario 1? It's not a dangerous tackle or a pelanty or a goal.
The third one I thought was a yellow at the time. I think though had he been yellow carded then he wouldn't have committed the second yellow card offence (he isn't a stupid player).
Son wasn't fouled in the box. VAR will always look at things but only flag a VAR review if they need the game stopped. I expect they looked at that one and saw it was no foul so allowed the game to continue.
I wish they would use it to half up diving
Firmino did two clear one and appealed first half. Yet even mcmananaman thought they were ok... and only called out son who did dive but at least didn’t appeal

We gave him two extensions to his contract here and paid him £12m a season
That’s loyalty in football terms
Seriously? Loyalty is giving a manager who gets a Europa league club into the CL four seasons in a row despite having 10th biggest transfer budget and 6th biggest wage budget new contracts?

Loyalty is the manager sticking with Spurs despite much bigger pay cheque offers and transfer/wage budget offers from a much bigger club, not the chairman giving the manager who over achieved every season a new contract!

Do you actually believe what you type or just like playing devils advocate?

Back