• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs Bin Dippers ***

fudge this coward. Proven winner my arse, he gets his arse handed to him by Klopp every time he meets him, and it is pathetic how utterly inadequate he is.

Playing Doherty at left-back. Hell, buying Doherty in the first place, the second coming of Pascal Chimbonda, a donkey with no skill, no brains, and no pace who mystifyingly fooled Steve Hitchen and the other eminent brains our scouting department into thinking he was better than League One level. Three at the back when they were there for the taking. Throwing on Lamela and Winks when he had Vinicius, Bale and even bloody Lucas on the bench.

I am done with this bloke. if he loses that League Cup final, I want him gone the next day - the next fudging day, because his entire reign will have been one pointless mess. If he wins it, give it until May and then pull the trigger.

Nothing good will come of keeping this sad sack of brick, of that I'm convinced.

And I'm starting to think some others might need to follow him out the door too. Hugo first and foremost.

@milo Rodon

Awful mistake but there is a player in there. One bright spot amongst a sea of brick for me. Made one outstanding tackle first half and did a lot of other good things. Probably caught brick-itis off the clowns around him.
I’m with you on Rodon. At least he can move and looks to dominate. I’m a big fan of what I’ve seen of Tanganga too and I’d prefer him to start than the statues we have been using.

This is a great point, apart from those 2 no one else is scoring at all. We need better contributions from midfield and the other player in the front 3. Bergwyn looks decent but doesn't score much - i thought he had a good record at PSV.

The problem is the style. We play deep in about 8 out of 10 games. Other bodies spend such little time up the pitch. When Poch was here we had 4 players around the oppo box all the time. Hence 4 players scoring goals.

It simply won’t improve with Jose here.

Generally agree, but you do need HG players so I'm fine with Dier and Winks staying

I would literally rather have two traffic cones than those two - or get two kids from the academy, Devine and Malachi Fagan-Walcott, to take their places.

You can't spell mediocre without Dier. And Winks...Christ.

Really disillusioned with that. Can’t see a way forward with Jose right now. That second half was puke inducing. No shots after the goal, no urgency, no pressure. Ndombele reduced to watching the game. Bale on the bench for 80 mins. Lamela was fudging horrible.

There were individual mistakes that cost us without doubt. The whole defence and keeper were culpable in some way. But we looked badly exposed every time they attacked and we looked unable to attack ourselves. That’s a damning indictment of the manager. He got everything wrong in every area of the pitch tonight and was unable to fix any of it. Every thing he did made it worse.

Liverpool’s form was always going to turn eventually. But they didn’t have to be too good tonight to beat us and that’s very disappointing.

Rodon, Hjobjerg and Ndombele were our best players. I thought Doherty gave one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen in a Spurs shirt. And that’s saying a lot.

I’m embarrassed by that tonight but worse still, I’m disillusioned with Jose and his utterly brick tactics. I got more joy for 99% of Poch’s reign than I’m getting from Jose.
There will always be individual mistakes, and they're always more visible in that end of the pitch. They're just exaggerated because we are letting good teams as well as poor teams dictate the play, It looks good and "tactical" and "smart" when the opposition is so poor we're able to break up the play and counter. Exciting for sure when we pull it off, but I would not call that praticulary clever. We're not even parking the bus, we're just throwing the seats onto the pitch. And we do it no matter the opposition. It irks me when mid- to bottom table teams play with urgency and determination, when "title-chasing" Spurs play entire games seemingly waiting for something. I simply can't understand it. I can bear being mediocre just fine, we've been worse than this. But I can't bear watching us not looking interested in winning games.

I’m not convinced Mane was Aurier’s man there. He could’ve been, I don’t know Jose’s tactics, but Robertson is up high and wide and typically the CB on the right of the three would track a run into the box.
Could be right
I genuinely don’t know
But he was quite a way forward form him and in no mans land
It was just poor all round
If it’s any consolation we still had a chance to deal with it but didn’t ... as usual

I’m with you on Rodon. At least he can move and looks to dominate. I’m a big fan of what I’ve seen it Tanganga and I’d prefer him to start than the statues we have been using.

If Tanganga is fit, I’d play that pair now. Toby would be ideal but his pace just kills us and means we have to sit deep. Dier has been good but there are too many mistakes in him. I’d give Tanganga and Rodon a chance. They’re both big units and fairly fearless. Can’t be much worse than the others we’ve tried.

Dier isn't homegrown he takes up a foreign spot so we might as well get a competent foreign CB in his place.

Fair point, bu Sanchez and Toby will go before him so he's here at least for another 18 months I'd expect. We won't be signing 3CBs this summer

Back