• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs Bin Dippers ***

This is 400% on Mourinho. Trying to be clever with his selection and making a total fudge up of the backline.
Then terrible subs. It's bad enough losing Kane, but putting Son up front makes him less effective, either play Vinny or stick Bale up there.
As for leaving Doherty on...

Agree with that. Good post

If, and it's a big if, we can beat City in the League Cup final. I would be tempted to say, Thanks Jose, you got the trophy monkey off our back, pay him off and bring someone who plays attactive football for when the fans are back in the ground, because I would hate to think what the atmosphere would be like with 60,000 paying good money to watch this drivel

I'd eat dry bread only until summer if we could have that.

Only one tweak was needed and it was Sissoko for Doherty and revert to 4231. Or Bale if you wanted to go 4231.

Did Jose really watch the first half and think, Yeah, Doherty 1 on 1 with Mane should be fine.
I honestly cannot believe that I now think of Serge Aurier as a better defensive option than anyone. But that's what he is. Doherty looks utterly shot. Can't defend, can't link up play, can't attack. So disappointing.

Bale on. I can't see the required 10 minutes of magic happening, unfortunately.

For me, this defeat is absolutely on Jose.

Only one tweak was needed and it was Sissoko for Doherty and revert to 4231. Or Bale if you wanted to go 4231.

Did Jose really watch the first half and think, Yeah, Doherty 1 on 1 with Mane should be fine.
No no no.

Winks for Doherty and Vinnie for Kane.

Agreed with a lot of sentiment on here. Hindsight is wonderful but we needed to match them in the middle and the subs have been beyond ridiculous. Defo all on Jose for me.

You never quite had the same attitude to Aurier last season. [emoji1787][emoji28]

I guess I judge on who is culpable for the goal
It’s like blaming Kane for not holding the ball up if they then score
It’s just odd
It’s what Houliier did for France
It’s what Jose did to dele in that league cup game
Mistakes happen but when their 40 seconds before the goal it’s just an odd take
It’s almost as if the blame is predetermined

This is his first season at CB for years, so I can him a little slack.
He's played a lot though, could maybe do with a little rest.

True but do you see him being the leader of a team that could win the title, he's nowhere near nor will ever get near Toby or Jan at their peak and that's the level you need.

If he's always out of position and making poor decisions then it radiates out to the rest of the team, we just don't look solid. It's been a problem for 2/3 seasons now where we rarely keep clean sheets.

I honestly cannot believe that I now think of Serge Aurier as a better defensive option than anyone. But that's what he is. Doherty looks utterly shot. Can't defend, can't link up play, can't attack. So disappointing.

Bale on. I can't see the required 10 minutes of magic happening, unfortunately.

For me, this defeat is absolutely on Jose.
It was an odd sub to switch right backs
Unless Aurier is injured.
We needed to sort midfield out

Back