• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs Bin Dippers ***

View attachment 10784
We owe them a good sorting!​
Tonight’s the night for A New Spurs™️ to emerge. A ruthless, clinical team that will dispatch this bunch of red-clad clams to the graveyard of former champions.
A statement win to begin The Resurrection™️ from the ashes of the CL final. A statement win to begin The Ascent To The Heavens™️ For Years to Come™️

The plan isn’t to stop them being more attacking. The plan is to make them think about us. I understand the cautious approach of being defensive, but, why should we pick a team that’s simply there to defend against Liverpool? Why don’t we send out a team to be brave, to attack, to hit Liverpool’s vulnerabilities. Liverpool have been playing with two midfielders as centre backs, and full backs who are more attacking than defensive. If today isn’t a day to go out on the front foot, then I suggest people adapt to the sitting back meteorology and stop whingeing when we stop playing after we score once.

We can attack their vulnerabilities both with a more counter attacking and a more front foot approach. I'm not saying we should pick a team that's simply there to defend. If we sit deeper our counter attacking will be very important.

I think we make every team think about us and the threat we have on the break when we do sit back to counter attack.

We'll see if Mourinho will see this as a day to go out on the front foot or not, though I'm guessing not. Or won't be the end of people being unhappy about that, though if we do that and lose it will obviously be magnified.

There's a difference between how we approach this game and how we approach a game where we're 1-0 up against a smaller team. One can be happy about one and not the other.

Personally I'd want to see a somewhat varied approach. Spells of high pressing and trying to take the game to them with other periods of defending deeper.

Their front line look like strangers at the moment. Let's hope that continues tonight
They looked pretty decent against Man U going forward and when big sides are in a poor run of form it’s often a big game that gets them going again.
I’d take a point all day long, and that would mean we remain a point behind them with a game in hand....

I still haven't gotten over that CL loss and we haven't beaten them in 3 seasons. Meanwhile they've won a CL and a PL title. I so want us to spank them big time, even though that's really not going to be as satisfying as it sounds. I would have loved for this game to have been at the end of the season with us 3 points behind them in 2nd and needing to beat them by 4 goals to win the title and spanking them 5-0 at their place with a full stadium. Now THAT would be satisfying.

Lets all cross our fingers and hide behind the cushions on the sofa as we always do!
I find drinking can help settles the nerves and softens the pain! It’s been a real eye opener watching so many games sober with replays and sly sports commentary compared to the raw emotion of going.

Play to our best is all we can ask for. Then, if it still is not enough of the night, then so be it. Just please, do not put in a limp display and gift them the points

The last bit is key for me - no stupid penalties given to them, no huge rooster-ups, and please, no refereeing errors.

If we get that, then I'm fine. If their forwards genuinely beat our defenders and keeper with skill then you have to accept it. But if we get the first line of my post then based on current form and no VVD, I fancy our chances

Can we just concede the goal due to penalty/VAR/own goal/set piece early on please...but not so early that it kills our oh so fragile confidence.

Our recent head-to-head is fudging depressing:
15 Sep 2018 Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool L 1-2 Premier League
31 Mar 2019 Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur L 2-1 Premier League
01 Jun 2019 Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool L 0-2 UEFA Champions League
27 Oct 2019 Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur L 2-1 Premier League
11 Jan 2020 Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool L 0-1 Premier League
16 Dec 2020 Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur L 2-1 Premier League

We need to get back to facking runnin' around a bit:
28 Nov 2010 Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool W 2-1 Premier League
15 May 2011 Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur W 0-2 Premier League
18 Sep 2011 Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool W 4-0 Premier League
06 Feb 2012 Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur D 0-0 Premier League