• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

Yeah. Anyone who gets their hopes up about this one is going to be sorely disappointed.

For maximum Spursness, I think we'll go a goal up after 10 minutes, sit back, concede an equaliser around the 80th minute, and then a 93rd minute Salad pelanty to cap it all off.
My thoughts as well.

My thoughts as well.
Yep, struggling to find anything to disagree there. Appreciate it’s not very Daring Do, but it just feels inevitable that the dippers do a number on us and I’m in full on self-preservation mode in advance. I hope I’m wrong.

Yeah. Anyone who gets their hopes up about this one is going to be sorely disappointed.

For maximum Spursness, I think we'll go a goal up after 10 minutes, sit back, concede an equaliser around the 80th minute, and then a 93rd minute Salad penalty to cap it all off.
Well, I got that wrong.

There isn't a side in the league with anything other than average centre backs. The difference is we are the only ones sitting back and relying on them. This is a tactical choice.

Yep wrong manager for the wrong time.

With verts and toby 3 years ago he might have done something.

Yep wrong manager for the wrong time.

With verts and toby 3 years ago he might have done something.
Plus Wanyama and Dembele shielding them and prime Walker plus Rose bombing down the wings.

Now we’ve lost both our midfield beasts, albeit Hojbjerg is doing good job of filling that void and Ndombele starting to live up to price tag. Alderweireld’s legs have gone and Sanchez has regressed, Vertonghen sold and Dier not proving to be near that level at same age whilst Rodon and Tanganga ones for the future. Regulion has talent to surpass Rose but errors creeping back into Aurier’s game and Doherty has been an utter disappointment thus far.

Plus Wanyama and Dembele shielding them and prime Walker plus Rose bombing down the wings.

Now we’ve lost both our midfield hunks of burning love, albeit Hojbjerg is doing good job of filling that void and Ndombele starting to live up to price tag. Alderweireld’s legs have gone and Sanchez has regressed, Vertonghen sold and Dier not proving to be near that level at same age whilst Rodon and Tanganga ones for the future. Regulion has talent to surpass Rose but errors creeping back into Aurier’s game and Doherty has been an utter disappointment thus far.

Yeah got it pretty good.

I agree we don't look good enough ATM, but we've shown in several matches earlier this season that we can play really, really well. Glimpses doesn’t win trophies of course, but with no other teams really looking very convincing either, we're certainly also in the mix - if we can regain our best form, show some concistency and stop throwing away leads. :D

I retract this message.

We look completely deflated and devoid of ideas ATM, and the very best we can hope for is a cup win and top four - which right now seems dependent on enough other teams being poor enough to give us a shot at fourth place.

I retract this message.

We look completely deflated and devoid of ideas ATM, and the very best we can hope for is a cup win and top four - which right now seems dependent on enough other teams being poor enough to give us a shot at fourth place.

We look light years short of top 4. We're in relegation form - 9 points from 10 games, which would lead to 34 over a full season. That's 10 games though so probably more than just 'form'

If Jose stays in charge, I dont see us finishing in the top half. Palace are 4 points behind us in 13th

So a lot of results gone our way this weekend.

iiiiiiiif we could somehow nab a point away at City...

We have to beat west ham without question, then we’d be back in with a sniff of top 4. Win the game in hand and it’ll be interesting.

So a lot of results gone our way this weekend.

iiiiiiiif we could somehow nab a point away at City...

We have to beat west ham without question, then we’d be back in with a sniff of top 4. Win the game in hand and it’ll be interesting.

Here's a t-shirt for us all:

9eff03_e23d7a89061a4c4eb868fdf8a85fac84~mv2.png

Next Five Games:

Feb 13 Emirates Marketing Project - A
Feb 21 Wet Spam - A
Feb 28 Burnley - H
March 6 Palace - H
March 13 Woolwich - A

I think we will do 'well' to get 8 points from these.
Can't see us getting anything from Emirates Marketing Project unless they mis-fire (they've only won 15 in a row).
Wet Spam, I'd take a point.
Burnley we'll get by despite a late scare.
Palace we will win. Might even keep a clean sheet.
Woolwich, I'd take a point.

Back