• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Having given over any shred of freedom to their govts.

Just packing now for a long weekend in Tasmania, the flight is a short one but I look forward to returning to the skies for the first time in about six months. I'm not back in Melbourne for long, before going up to the Great Barrier Reef for Valentines Day. Also going to watch the Australian Open tennis (Grand Slam event before you start belittling it), not to mention numerous bbq's, poker nights, dinners etc in-between. Retail economy is apparently breaking records in terms of it's economic recovery, something I know means a lot to you. Also the second hand car market, another your pet loves, is in full flow. If you like I could even look up how the bleach sales industry is doing in case you fancied applying for a job?

In terms of handing over my freedom to the government, yes I stuck to the rules during lockdown but I can say with utter conviction that I would do it all again for what it has allowed us to do since lockdown lifted in late October. They have no idea any more than Boris and co do with you, as to where I am from one moment to another. If I need to fly back to the UK to visit sick family, that is allowed, otherwise I struggle to comprehend what rights you feel I have forsaken. I'm sure you'll tell me..

My Mrs has the right hump with me this morning as I woke her up numerous times due to some very toxic farts in the night
Well I said at least you know you don't have COVID if you can smell and taste them, maybe I could be some sort of human COVID tester

Given all we now know about the virus’s affect on health care systems, you do realise that your posts on this thread now read like they are coming from some sort of parody account? :D
To those who allow their lives to be ruled by fear and hysteria, I can see how it would.

One man's "authoritarian" in this context is another man's "understanding what's necessary to do the right fudging thing and taking charge as opposed to arsing about on some cack-handed to remain a "friend" to everyone" - or "doing your fudging job at a time of huge crisis". You're a big fan of content, yet you are trying to compare a world health crisis, and the necessary actions to see through it, with the dictatorial rule of China, etc. Of course, it's a relatively moot point as Johnson is such a giant pussy he wouldn't ever get close to being "authoritarian", in fact he exudes as much "authority" as an Etonian Wurzel Gummidge!
Agreed - one man's terrorist, etc.

What South Korea and Taiwan have done is beyond anything I can accept.

Yes, I must say Awesome Dawson was certainly struggling with his freedom a couple of weeks back when he toddled off for a celebratory bar-b-que and some beers, as he was before that when he took in a bit of cricket...hahahahahaha, tell you what mate, if that's "giving over any shred of freedom to a gvmt" I'll sign up for it.

The biggest laugh? You actually "think" you're truly "free" right now! If you want to get practical, unless you're off the grid, you're someone's manipulatable property. Your "freedom" is framed not literal. Again, one for the philosopher's corner, but unless you don't engage in e-communication, commerce or societal systems such as banking, then your freedom is compromised to the degree that you'd absolutely fudging fail without these elements in your life. As would I. As would most people on this forum.
Maybe he can live with the shame of being yet another sheep in a country full of them, people here wouldn't.

Just packing now for a long weekend in Tasmania, the flight is a short one but I look forward to returning to the skies for the first time in about six months. I'm not back in Melbourne for long, before going up to the Great Barrier Reef for Valentines Day. Also going to watch the Australian Open tennis (Grand Slam event before you start belittling it), not to mention numerous bbq's, poker nights, dinners etc in-between. Retail economy is apparently breaking records in terms of it's economic recovery, something I know means a lot to you. Also the second hand car market, another your pet loves, is in full flow. If you like I could even look up how the bleach sales industry is doing in case you fancied applying for a job?

In terms of handing over my freedom to the government, yes I stuck to the rules during lockdown but I can say with utter conviction that I would do it all again for what it has allowed us to do since lockdown lifted in late October. They have no idea any more than Boris and co do with you, as to where I am from one moment to another. If I need to fly back to the UK to visit sick family, that is allowed, otherwise I struggle to comprehend what rights you feel I have forsaken. I'm sure you'll tell me..
I ashamed of you. Glad you've found a way to live with yourself.

Prof Linda Bauld, public health expert from the University of Edinburgh, said the UK's current position was "a legacy of poor decisions that were taken when we eased restrictions".

She told the BBC the lack of focus on test and trace and the "absolute inability to recognise" the need to address international travel had also led to a more deadly winter surge.

Bloody scientists. What do they know eh?

Yeah, when I think of Australia at present I simultaneously think of Stalinist Russia. It must be the bars, the bbqs, the restaurants and the musical festivals they are currently enjoying that brings that image to mind.

Scara referred to being 'oppressed.' Being oppressed is being denied a vote, being oppressed is being a victim of state sanctioned violence, being oppressed is being allowed to starve, being oppressed is being rounded up into concentration camps. Clearly this guy has no concept of what constitutes oppression.

Covidiot is the best term used to describe someone of your mindset.
Did you listen to any of the Hysteria podcast I listened to?

It's a great way of understanding how so many people can quickly believe so fervently and fearfully in something that need not be feared.

He is doing another 5pm briefing today
Normally he only does them when it's good news he can take the credit for, obviously yesterday was different

Back