• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

This, his control of the ball on the first touch is very much the same has Berby had.

You know the player he reminds me of the most touch-wise? Maradona. Add his center of gravity to the mix and even more so. He does not quite explode like Maradona, he glides more like Moussa Dembele but is a superior player as he has an innate ability to know when to pass, when to carry and when to shoot.
He is playing on another level, and we haven't even seen close to the best of him.
I am so relieved we stuck with him; I was afraid someone would brick themselves and sell him. Levy deserves massive praise.

The reason I like him deeper is he can progress more with the ball for us
I don’t disagree he effect further forward isn’t good but we have players who can play there and compliment the team too. Tanguy needs the ball as much as possible
When playing teams that we can pit under pressure you just flip the triangle (like we did vs Sheffield) and against teams where we are under pressure his ability on the ball helps us more deeper
That’s all a bit garbled but hopefully makes some sense

The great thing about great players is they can switch formations and positions depending on what is needed in-game and often several times. We switch formations sometimes several times a match, as I'm sure you know...

You know the player he reminds me of the most touch-wise? Maradona. Add his center of gravity to the mix and even more so. He does not quite explode like Maradona, he glides more like Moussa Dembele but is a superior player as he has an innate ability to know when to pass, when to carry and when to shoot.
He is playing on another level, and we haven't even seen close to the best of him.
I am so relieved we stuck with him; I was afraid someone would brick themselves and sell him. Levy deserves massive praise.
Yep. Scary deja vu for when we flirted with offloading Bale to a Championship side back in the day. Gulp!

The great thing about great players is they can switch formations and positions depending on what is needed in-game and often several times. We switch formations sometimes several times a match, as I'm sure you know...

that was a Jose point recently .. if a player is good enough, then the formation doesn't matter

I never joined in with the calling of him in his first season because you could see that his touch was first class, he needed to settle into a completely different game here and also living in a different country and we both know that is not always easy to do.

As for Maradonas touch i do not disagree with you and if he turns out to be anywhere near that level we will have a major star on our hands. As for Dembele i know some fans thought he was a great player but for me he promised so much but in all reality never delivered what his skill level should have done.

I think Jose will give all players the opportunity to perform better but they have to listen to what he says, Tanguy and others have done this ( Winks seems to be playing better since talking to Jose) sadly it seems Dele is not listening ( or so it seems).

I think the real question for Milo is, which name do you prefer for Ndombele?

MaradonMoMPele
ZidanMoMPele
WinMoMPele

Right now I think he is the only player on our team that can take a game by the scruff of the neck and push us to victory. Not so much from a leadership standpoint, but with his skills and what he can create. Holdburrrg can provide the kick in the ass and Ndom can create the chances. The two of them are a perfect midfield pairing.

Back