• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

I was having a go at him in the match thread tonight however on reflection he completed 90 mins and he took his man on a lot more than I have seen since he came back.

Probably his best game since returning. There might still be life in him yet...
He needs minutes. Can all the top level former pros who post on here please inform us of the challenges of coming back from long term injuries and recovering mentally from the treatment he got at Madrid.

I was having a go at him in the match thread tonight however on reflection he completed 90 mins and he took his man on a lot more than I have seen since he came back.

Probably his best game since returning. There might still be life in him yet...
Yeah I felt he was phoning it in at first but he got into good positions, took his goal well and gradually got better and more direct the more he got the ball. It’s just hard to see where he’d get a run of games with the defensive work required in our set up unless he has a Pav esq impact from the bench.

He needs minutes. Can all the top level former pros who post on here please inform us of the challenges of coming back from long term injuries and recovering mentally from the treatment he got at Madrid.

Certainly not that person, but I think it's confidence in his body on top of the obvious on field fitness, letting the instinct kick in

I think Jose has to take a gamble, give him a start (say Sunday), see how much he affects the game, no question the opposition will sit back, play to counter the threat, that may give Kane/Son more space/options.

Certainly not that person, but I think it's confidence in his body on top of the obvious on field fitness, letting the instinct kick in

I think Jose has to take a gamble, give him a start (say Sunday), see how much he affects the game, no question the opposition will sit back, play to counter the threat, that may give Kane/Son more space/options.

Agreed . On the bench against Liverpool - and looking to give him 30 minutes if we need a goal. And start on Sunday

I thought he was our best player today and voted him MOTM. Looked to have flashes of what we thought we brought back. It was poor opposition but his performance was a massive improvement.

The only issue I have is his role in their goal. He’s strolling back when we were stretched. Jose won’t be impressed with that and won’t trust him for a PL game if he won’t work back.

I thought he played very well last night and it was good to see him really get involved and try to take the game to the opposition - and I think Wycombe,
Although lacking the obvious talent we had battled and made it a physical game. A good 90mins from him and hopefully he’ll get some decent game time in the Prem. i would love to see that front three of Son, Kane and an inform Bale - we know what he is capable of :)

To be honest i dont think he looked that great or exceptional. Didnt do any better than Lucas who had an above average game. Cant see him kicking on either, looks done and set for the MLS.

To be honest i dont think he looked that great or exceptional. Didnt do any better than Lucas who had an above average game. Cant see him kicking on either, looks done and set for the MLS.

He was better than previous games , but I agree with this.

Seems a lot of OTT reaction over him against a team bottom of the championship

I'm comparing resent games not him against ANY player.

Nobody is going over the top about him or saying that he is looking like the Bale that left for Madrid.
He is getting nothing like the praise that Ndombele is rightly getting.
All that is being said is that there has been an improvement and that he looked like he was using his burst of
speed which he hasn't been doing previously. You can be happy to see progress without thinking he's back
to his best.

I dont think anyone said he was exceptional did they? Lucas got a lot of praise in the match thread (one of his best games in a long time) and was on the MOTM poll

I'm not sure that it needs to be a Bale vs Moura thing either. I dont see a problem with commenting on a player without having to compare him to others. The over-riding point about the comments on Bale in the last 12+ hours is that he's been very poor since he returned but last night he actually looked a threat and might have a future with us

You don't need to compare him he was slightly better than average.

My point is that he is being lauded by some but lucas not getting the same rose tints appraisal.

I think the point people are making is that in other games against similar or worse opposition he didn’t seem bothered and the work rate wasn’t there but in the match last night he looked better and looked as though he was actually bothered, which is a positive. Its not ability he is lacking it is willingness and confidence and he showed glimpses of it last night.

Nobody is going over the top about him or saying that he is looking like the Bale that left for Madrid.
He is getting nothing like the praise that Ndombele is rightly getting.
All that is being said is that there has been an improvement and that he looked like he was using his burst of
speed which he hasn't been doing previously. You can be happy to see progress without thinking he's back
to his best.

This, people need to look at that performance carefully

- He was in the right positions to be a threat a lot (could have scored 4 goals)
- He did score at a very important point in the game (he has a habit of doing that, that is something special)
- He went past his man easily, multiple times (again, that is a special skill)
- The change of acceleration (if not outright pace) was there on show

75% of Bale is a big game/match winner, and that is worth waiting on

Said it earlier, wouldn't play him against Pool but I'd certainly give him a run on Sunday if it was up to me.

Still lots of matches to go this season. Patience... And a little faith in the manager?

- He was in the right positions to be a threat a lot (could have scored 4 goals)
- He did score at a very important point in the game (he has a habit of doing that, that is something special)

Said it earlier, wouldn't play him against Pool but I'd certainly give him a run on Sunday if it was up to me.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sounds reasonable. Despite the lack of training time, Wycombe would have been well-rested and geared up to give it their best last night. That means running hard, tackling hard, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. I couldn't watch the match but, if Bale seemed generally up for it, that's a good sign. He needs confidence, in his fitness as well as his ability, and it takes a few matches to convince your brain that you can go into 50:50's, go toe-to-toe with that hulking defender, etc.

More pitch time for Bale means a bit of a rest for Sonny, Kane and Bergwijn. Even if they've got to come on at half time to rescue a game, I'd hope that it works out well in the long run.

Well it was his best game since coming back and (imo) he seemed to improve as the game went on, he was running at men which we have not seen in earlier games from him. IF he continues in that direction he may have been worth the outlay. We shall see.

Back