• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

He comes from a good family. You saw the Amazon documentary, his father telling him to give it time and to knuckle down and work hard. I give credit to Ndombele himself and Mourinho but also to his father for bringing his son up the right way.

His father? It's a few months since I saw the documentary but I don't remember seeing NDombele's dad in there. Sissoko and Aurier were shown talking to him and encouraging him to knuckle down and work hard and reassuring him that things would change.

I may be wrong.

I can definitely understand Mourinho not wanting to start Ndombele in a deeper role early in this season at least. Seems like playing him further forward has been a very good way of settling him in and getting him up to speed physically.

Not early in the season any longer. Will be interesting to see if he's played deeper more now that he looks closer to full fitness at the very least and is getting settled in. I thought the Sheffield United game perhaps was a sign of things to come in that regard.
Thats the problem with 4231, you're central men are considered either forward or deeper. Its why I think we'd be suited to the 433 if Lo Celso can get fit, sometimes you're forward sometimes you're back, but the 3 of you are intelligent enough to manage the game and situations as they arise. Plus I'd be hoping we'd have more of the ball.

Sabitzier could suit this approach as well.

Last edited:
As someone else said, once he gets to Poch-level fitness he can be one the 2-3 best midfielders in the world. This was money really well spent.

This. If Ndombele isn't the first name on the team sheet whenever he's fit, then Moaninho can fudge right off. He's probably one of the best 5 midfielders in the world right now.

I take everything back. He'll be THE best midfielder in the world.

Where is he best suited - deep or advanced?
Deeper. When the the play is in front of him he probes with his passing trying to move us forward. He sees gaps and he's got the execution. Back to play he's very safe recieving the ball from the back line. It makes sense to take advantage of this ability. If we want to be a quick counter transition side then Ndombele is perfect for that.

Now if we have a concern about workrate, then play GLC as well in a fluid 3. GLC's workrate, if you recall the latter end of last season is more than good enough. He can play a very disciplined role. It's being forgotten that he was our best player for a good spell of it.

I think you can have them, with Hojberg play fairly fluidly, each taking a role in the defensive phase, it can work!

The guy has a crazy skill set .... he plays playground football against elite players.

Reminds me of myself as a 20 year old knocking the ball around with my nephews of 6 and 8.

Back