• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs Vs Wycombe Wanderers

I liked what I saw from Bale, but still can't shake that perhaps unfair and unjustified training session feeling. I take any improvement from him as a good sign, as we all know what he is capable of if fit and motivated, and he's costing us a few quid a week. But I would really expect a 3-time Champions League winner to be able to get by a poor championship side player or two, even if not fully fit. If he can do that against, say Liverpool, I will love him like a sister-in-law again.

ahem, 4-time

I liked what I saw from Bale, but still can't shake that perhaps unfair and unjustified training session feeling. I take any improvement from him as a good sign, as we all know what he is capable of if fit and motivated, and he's costing us a few quid a week. But I would really expect a 3-time Champions League winner to be able to get by a poor championship side player or two, even if not fully fit. If he can do that against, say Liverpool, I will love him like a sister-in-law again.
Er....wot?

Interesting, last few weeks a few more contributing with the goals, Ndombele, Winks, Aurier
We got goals from around the team at the start of the season, they only dried up as we went ultra defensive and played with only Kane and Son in the opposition half. The players we have are too good in attack as long as we go with some intention of attacking.

I'm still creaming myself watching that pass from Ndombele to Kane! Just casually curls it just over the defenders head, and right on Kane's foot! It's an absolutely magnificent pass, that wasn't even mentioned by anyone! If Bruno Penandes, Pogba or any Liverpool player did that (none of them would manage it though) , commentators and pundits would jizz all over each other.

I think some posters on here, me included, need to take note. How many of us wanted him out especially after trotting back v Wolves last season.

From day one he showed glimpses of things no-one else could do. It was always a case of time. The man who signed him said we'd be waiting a year...nice work Levy, Jose bout most of all, Ndombele himself...

Ok the opposition wasn’t first class but I thought we were excellent and should have won more comfortably. Bale actually looked good too.
Fair play to them, they made it tough for us. Felt a bit like the Stoke games of old.

Partly on Bale, were their players just exceptionally slow all around? Winks was running away from players with the ball, don't see that much. Positive from Bale, but perhaps it was more about the opposition being slow enough to where he had the advantage of pace he once had rather regularly.

Thought Bale got stuck in and looked up for it, that was good to see.

Fair play to them, they made it tough for us. Felt a bit like the Stoke games of old.

Partly on Bale, were their players just exceptionally slow all around? Winks was running away from players with the ball, don't see that much. Positive from Bale, but perhaps it was more about the opposition being slow enough to where he had the advantage of pace he once had rather regularly.

Thought Bale got stuck in and looked up for it, that was good to see.

Yes, they definitely didn’t meet pace with pace, maybe a deliberate policy given the training/fitness issues. And something is definitely awry when Winks is tearing free of the opposition.

I thought this was a good performance. I'm sure we all had that nagging feeling as the second half progressed but the fact that we didnt face a single shot in the second half - on or off target -whilst having 16 shots in 45 minutes tells a pretty definitive story.

Its tough really - our second string (Vinicius, Lucas, Tanganga, Sanchez etc) look rusty when they come in and play one game every 4-6 weeks so reflects badly on them most of the time when they don't instantly click.

Everton will be tough - its a bricky schedule again due to TV picks - Chelsea going to the Thursday (the midweek before) means that we then play WBA on Sunday - this is exasperated by playing Man C on the saturday (13th) when the sunday would have suited us far better (and they have a free midweek after). Therefore the Everton game falls smack bang in the middle of that. IF we beat Liverpool and get results against Brighton, Chelsea and WBA you'd have to imagine that the primary focus will be on that league game at Etihad and this might be reflected in the line up at Everton.

At least they (Everton) have a big game with Man U the weekend before (currently scheduled for Monday but clearly will go forward to Sat/Sun).

Back