• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs Vs Wycombe Wanderers

We have one, his name is Giovanni Lo Celso. Not fit at the moment but he is part of our squad. After those two for possession and Hojberg for the defensive side of things then yes the quality of the CMs drops considerably.
Not really sold on him to be honest. Works hard puts a foot in and that but he’s not overly creative in my eyes.

Dembele was a monster defensively with huge personality to boss a midfield. Tanguy doesn’t have that but is at least as good in his own way. They have similar ball skills but quite different roles. Dembele’s footwork and skills were almost defensive in nature like the way City defend by keeping possession.

Looked like he found 2nd gear to get past players on the outside a few times too, hopefully he can draw confidence in himself to do keep doing that and mix it up with cutting in and shooting on his left

He fudging ghosted players at time today with scary easy ability.

Not really sold on him to be honest. Works hard puts a foot in and that but he’s not overly creative in my eyes.
Have to agree ever so slightly. I think he can be good, but not in the way I expected. I may have been under the wrong impression that he was supposed to be an Eriksen replacement, which I don't think he'll ever be.

I have some sympathy for Wycombe they spent most of the first half lumping the ball towards our area and pushing and grabbing our defenders, then Mr Moss finally noticed and started awarding us fouls, completely buggered their game plan. I dont blame them playing that way that's what the cup is all about roughing up the posh teams and hoping for a bit of luck. Poor old Ian Darke wishing for a big upset and having it snatched from him.

He's creative enough as a deeper CM, more importantly he's very press resistant something that can't be said for Sisskoko or Winks.

Get Ndombele and GLC on the pitch at the same time and we we really will be cooking with gas.
Hopefully we see that soon.

Have to agree ever so slightly. I think he can be good, but not in the way I expected. I may have been under the wrong impression that he was supposed to be an Eriksen replacement, which I don't think he'll ever be.
He works as hard. Not got that killer ball in his locker. Want to see him play regularly been stop start since he arrived.

Bale was pretty good. His final ball/shot was a bit off but he was getting by his player regularly. Could have had a hat-trick on another day.
I liked what I saw from Bale, but still can't shake that perhaps unfair and unjustified training session feeling. I take any improvement from him as a good sign, as we all know what he is capable of if fit and motivated, and he's costing us a few quid a week. But I would really expect a 3-time Champions League winner to be able to get by a poor championship side player or two, even if not fully fit. If he can do that against, say Liverpool, I will love him like a sister-in-law again.

Back