• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlos Vinicius

Liking everything we're seeing from this guy. Late bloomer, for sure, but looking like he's worth the effort. Ideal player to have as a backup/supplement to Kane.

The release clause fee of £40-odd million is a bit over the top in these times but somewhere around £18-20 would be good business for both Spurs and Benfica. He's shown that he can score and set up goals. A little work still to do on other parts of his game.

He's doing what can be expected of him, with upside to come.

If the draws continue to be kind to us, he can expect some more FA/Europa games, hopefully he can get to double figures this season

I'd expect we try to make him permanent, it's been so long since we had a backup striker than can actually score.

I'd expect we try to make him permanent, it's been so long since we had a backup striker than can actually score.

At a renegotiated price, I agree. We then need to sort out our wide forwards starting with Bale and Lamela, closely followed by Moura

At a renegotiated price, I agree. We then need to sort out our wide forwards starting with Bale and Lamela, closely followed by Moura

sure, but it's Levy, so not worried about that.

- Lamela is gone, this was his season to prove he could stay fit, the squad is deep enough that he wasn't overplayed, still is made of glass (also get impression club was quite tinkled off re Covid thing).
- Bale unless he really kicks on (I'm still believing), will probably be a 1 or 2 year PR exercise with him moving on MLS or something after.
- Lucas I'd keep, good off the bench, turns up for cups (good thing) and has the workrate/fitness/attitude than Jose likes

I’ll wait to judge him against a decent opponent. So far the standard of teams he has played against would have made Akinbiyi look good. Not to say he is doing anything wrong but the premier league and better Europa league teams will be a completely different challenge.

I’ll wait to judge him against a decent opponent. So far the standard of teams he has played against would have made Akinbiyi look good. Not to say he is doing anything wrong but the premier league and better Europa league teams will be a completely different challenge.

Thing is, there is a list of Spurs backup strikers for about the last 7 years that beg to differ.

He can only do what is asked of him, in whatever games he gets, so far .. so good

I'd be as bold to say, if Kane went down with an injury for a bit I'd swap this guy straight in and see how we go.

If you don't go, you'll never know.

Think we'd be dumb not to give him some chances. He should get some minutes in the next few games for me if possible particularly if we're comfortably ahead with 20 mins to go. I know, I know Jose teams don't win games comfortably.

Think we'd be dumb not to give him some chances. He should get some minutes in the next few games for me if possible particularly if we're comfortably ahead with 20 mins to go. I know, I know Jose teams don't win games comfortably.

This is where 5 subs in PL would be great.

I'd like to see him come on for 10-15 mins to either play with Kane (sub Son) or the other way around, sub Kane and have Son play with him.

Decent FA Cup draw and next Europa gives him another 2-3 games he would likely start in (and games Kane doesn't have to play)

It will be interesting to see happens if we do get a decent draw, if he starts and Kane is left at home again then I think then we know then that Jose trusts him.

Plus you have to consider what the plan is if we let Vini go back to Benfica. I'm not saying they (the club) wouldn't have thought about it but I can't see Parott being ready and we'll be back to square one that had taken us 2 years to move on from.

Last edited:
Thing is, there is a list of Spurs backup strikers for about the last 7 years that beg to differ.

He can only do what is asked of him, in whatever games he gets, so far .. so good
I agree. I'm not going to proclaim him the second coming of Kane just yet, but from what I've seen he looks good.

One thing I liked about him yesterday was how he looked genuinely tinkled off with his first goal. He almost made a right hash of it, and he knows it. So no jubilation about scoring a tap-in against lower-league opposition, but rather looking tinkled off (or at least sheepish) at having almost missed a sitter.

I might be reading too much into it, but he doesn't seem like a player who'll go missing when the going gets tough.

I agree. I'm not going to proclaim him the second coming of Kane just yet, but from what I've seen he looks good.

One thing I liked about him yesterday was how he looked genuinely tinkled off with his first goal. He almost made a right hash of it, and he knows it. So no jubilation about scoring a tap-in against lower-league opposition, but rather looking tinkled off (or at least sheepish) at having almost missed a sitter.

I might be reading too much into it, but he doesn't seem like a player who'll go missing when the going gets tough.
I thought the first goal was fine, he reacted to the first touch and still took it past the keeper! Tbh he should be more embarrassed about his goal celebration!

I thought the first goal was fine, he reacted to the first touch and still took it past the keeper! Tbh he should be more embarrassed about his goal celebration!
Ouch. I checked out the video and it is very sad that he lost his mother at such a young age. If performing the celebration is linked to her memory then obviously he should have no reason to feel embarrassed about it.
I just need to check out the motives behind Robbie Keane’s and Daniel Sturridge’s celebrations as I may need to retract some historic comments made about those in the past too!

Ouch. I checked out the video and it is very sad that he lost his mother at such a young age. If performing the celebration is linked to her memory then obviously he should have no reason to feel embarrassed about it.
I just need to check out the motives behind Robbie Keane’s and Daniel Sturridge’s celebrations as I may need to retract some historic comments made about those in the past too!
Keanos was a tribute to his boyhood club (pick any club he played for) and sturridges was him recreating his idols dancing moves Lionel Ritchie

Didn’t seem up for it tonight? I like him though, a run of games would get him up to speed but he’s just he’s not going to get them!

Back