• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

If you look at other top teams, they only have a couple more HG players in their starting 11:

Liverpool: Henderson, TAA, Gomez
Utd: Maguire, AWB, Rashford (plus Shaw or McTominay, depending on your view on their best 11)
Chelsea: Chillwell, James, maybe Mount...GHod know what their best 11 is but it probably has 2-3 HG players
City: Stones, Walker, Sterling

...but even if we had 3 HG players of genuine top quality and in our best 11 rather than just Kane, we'd only be offsetting the couple overseas players which we had to leave out of our Europa squad.

This is the crux of our problem with non HG players. Given we don't have loads of HG players in our best 11, then a lot of our back-up players do need to be HG. Its that last point where we're failing
Yeah I agree
It doesn’t help having players who are always crocked (lamela) or not really able to impact from the bench (Moura) as squad players
Swap one (or both) for a lookman type who can run with the ball and find his man and we tick two boxes. I know I’m biased with lookman as I’ve been banging that drum since he was at charlton and I thought we were getting him but he has shown that given a chance he can impact from the bench and can also play when starting

up until 3 days ago I thought we would get Milik in the summer, so maybe we will keep Vini. He is doing well enough for us when given chances which is all we can ask. I do wonder how he would play if Moura wasn’t around for him though

Lot of talk of Gray going overseas to Leverkusen as they prepare to sell another player this summer (Bailey to us or possibly Diaby please). So that horse may have bolted

Just seen Sarr's goal on quest for Watford. GHod the kid is good.

Would happily take Sarr, Brooks and Olise from the championship.

Do you remember when Jose was at Chelsea and they had about 30 talented players all out on loan? I think you would be perfect to help him implement it at Spurs Chich. We just need to convince Levy (Might be difficult!) to give you 100mill to buy whatever talent you can find from the Championship or France etc and it would only need a couple to work out to make it worthwhile. Even most of those that don't work out can be sold for a decent fee.
I used to make fun of the way they abused the system but it would be nice to start finding some talented youngsters again.

Do you remember when Jose was at Chelsea and they had about 30 talented players all out on loan? I think you would be perfect to help him implement it at Spurs Chich. We just need to convince Levy (Might be difficult!) to give you 100mill to buy whatever talent you can find from the Championship or France etc and it would only need a couple to work out to make it worthwhile. Even most of those that don't work out can be sold for a decent fee.
I used to make fun of the way they abused the system but it would be nice to start finding some talented youngsters again.
I would love us to sign about 15 top Champo players and loan them back, if the system allows it then why not? Got to turn a profit.

New Rules after Brexit have made that a lot more difficult

Yeah I agree
It doesn’t help having players who are always crocked (lamela) or not really able to impact from the bench (Moura) as squad players
Swap one (or both) for a lookman type who can run with the ball and find his man and we tick two boxes. I know I’m biased with lookman as I’ve been banging that drum since he was at charlton and I thought we were getting him but he has shown that given a chance he can impact from the bench and can also play when starting

up until 3 days ago I thought we would get Milik in the summer, so maybe we will keep Vini. He is doing well enough for us when given chances which is all we can ask. I do wonder how he would play if Moura wasn’t around for him though

Lot of talk of Gray going overseas to Leverkusen as they prepare to sell another player this summer (Bailey to us or possibly Diaby please). So that horse may have bolted
Have Fulham signed Lookman permanently or is he on loan? I agree he would be a good option. Alfie Doughty Is the young player at Charlton now that we should be looking to sign.... out of contract in the summer and £500k to Charlton would probably do the trick.

Have Fulham signed Lookman permanently or is he on loan? I agree he would be a good option. Alfie Doughty Is the young player at Charlton now that we should be looking to sign.... out of contract in the summer and £500k to Charlton would probably do the trick.
Dont know about lookman TBH
Not seen anything of doughty but heard a few people comment on him being the next player to look at

Last edited:
He's fast, dribbles well, commits defenders, works hard...similar to Son and Bergwijn I think.

I bet they'd look for £40m-£50m though, which is likely to end things

Interesting player, strong as well (fits Jose's type)

How come is has only played 1 PL game this season. We get linked with him all the time but he hardly ever plays whenever I check.

We need a RB ( I always wanted Ricardo Perera at Leicester A much better bet than the titch from Norwich) A dominant CH ( maybe Skrinar ) and a beast of a CF ( Vinnie simply not good enough. Not a beast. No power in the air, no holdup play, no ball control and no speed to run in behind and. Defoe like disregard for the offside rule. We need a beast there to provide a proper threat and change games when needed.

Must get rid of a few first though so no movement likely until the summer.

We need a RB ( I always wanted Ricardo Perera at Leicester A much better bet than the titch from Norwich) A dominant CH ( maybe Skrinar ) and a hunk of burning love of a CF ( Vinnie simply not good enough. Not a hunk of burning love. No power in the air, no holdup play, no ball control and no speed to run in behind and. Defoe like disregard for the offside rule. We need a hunk of burning love there to provide a proper threat and change games when needed.

Must get rid of a few first though so no movement likely until the summer.

I think it is all about priorities (vs. Christmas list), for me

#1 is a dominant CB (Sanchez out -> new CB in, no issue with HG rule)
#2 is a CM, someone who can play with PEH or rotate (right now we are really dependent on PEH/Ndombele, Gio getting fitness can help the Ndombele problem)
#3 is a Keeper that can replace Hugo long term (would not be surprised to see Poch try to tempt Hugo in summer)
#4 RB? if you consider Doherty a failure

Unlike others, for me Lucas (he is very good in cups), Lamela, Sissoko, Vinicius, Davies are all good squad options if they are willing to accept that role (you need numbers, and with the financial situation it doesn't make sense to be spending money on replacing backups)

Squad outs -> Gazza, Sanchez, Rose, Gedson, Dele (he's not playing and he's our one cashable asset), maybe Winks (he needs to be a strait upgrade if considered)

Further to the general theme of us signing players with one eye on the future and who are home grown. I think the Irish lad at derby, knight would be a good signing.

Terrific work ethic, all action displays. Derby appear to have financial troubles, it all adds up to me.

Back