• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Please do not start with the xg rubbish.

Oh, I suppose there is that - not what I was referring to though. And I can see how you'd want to call it rubbish because it doesn't back you up.

No, I was meaning more that he's playing in the same team as Kane, so not meant or expected to be the top scorer, and yet has returned double figures for the last five seasons (this one included)

Having a heavily streaky forward in a side is fine as long as they aren't the main goal scorer and he never has been. This season is the first where he's been tasked with mainly scoring the goals and he hasn't been streaky this season.

Don't feed the trolls, 101 Goals, 50+ assists in 256 games, double figures in the PL season for each of last 5 seasons with a minimum of 18 overall each of those season (this season at 16, so 2 more gets him there) for a winger/AM/2nd Striker. Son is an elite level player.

Don't feed the trolls, 101 Goals, 50+ assists in 256 games, double figures in the PL season for each of last 5 seasons with a minimum of 18 overall each of those season (this season at 16, so 2 more gets him there) for a winger/AM/2nd Striker. Son is an elite level player.
He would walk into any team in the world! We have 2 genuine World class players, and Son is one of them.

He would walk into any team in the world! We have 2 genuine World class players, and Son is one of them.
He's a fantastic player. Depending on how one defines world class he's in or around that level at the very least.

I don't think he walks into any team in the world. If he would get into the Liverpool team ahead of Mane or Salah it would be just barely imo, not even sure he would get in ahead of them.

He's a fantastic player. Depending on how one defines world class he's in or around that level at the very least.

I don't think he walks into any team in the world. If he would get into the Liverpool team ahead of Mane or Salad it would be just barely imo, not even sure he would get in ahead of them.

This season? all day long, on normal performances, Pool would drop Firmino (they play a front 3) in a heartbeat for Son.

Because he can swap sides, play a 2nd striker, his pace and workrate, I really can't think of side where the manager wouldn't make it work.

It's a huge credit to Son and his agent that we haven't had constant rumours about him leaving (it's clear he must have put out the message he's happy here)

This season? all day long, on normal performances, Pool would drop Firmino (they play a front 3) in a heartbeat for Son.

Because he can swap sides, play a 2nd striker, his pace and workrate, I really can't think of side where the manager wouldn't make it work.

It's a huge credit to Son and his agent that we haven't had constant rumours about him leaving (it's clear he must have put out the message he's happy here)
No they wouldn’t drop Firminho for Son - Firminho is a completely different type of player who links up the play for Salah and Mane. Son is a like for like with Mane or Salah - pace and dribbling and it is one of them he has to replace.....

No they wouldn’t drop Firminho for Son - Firminho is a completely different type of player who links up the play for Salad and Mane. Son is a like for like with Mane or Salad - pace and dribbling and it is one of them he has to replace.....

They would, and they would have someone in the midfield cover whatever linkup work Firmino is supposed to do (he's been underperforming for a while), it looked very much like Jota was going to replace him anyway pre-injury, are you saying Jota is better than Son?

Liverpool's model is about pacy attacking players that break quickly and are good at converting, Son is absolutely a fit other than he doesn't dive as well as Salad or Mane

They would, and they would have someone in the midfield cover whatever linkup work Firmino is supposed to do (he's been underperforming for a while), it looked very much like Jota was going to replace him anyway pre-injury, are you saying Jota is better than Son?

Liverpool's model is about pacy attacking players that break quickly and are good at converting, Son is absolutely a fit other than he doesn't dive as well as Salad or Mane

Liverpool need a link player in the three so I also doubt they would drop Firminho for Son, that changes their shape and likely makes the system less effective.

After his train wreck first half, is there any one left who still thinks this guy can play?
I think he can play
We saw it in his first season
He needs to leave though and get a fresh start abs build his confidence back
Technically he isn’t good enough in a league with such pace

I think he can play
We saw it in his first season
He needs to leave though and get a fresh start abs build his confidence back
Technically he isn’t good enough in a league with such pace
He was even probably our best CB last season albeit the best of a bad bunch in general but he was pretty good. Since then his confidence has a taken a knock and he very much seems to be a player of instinct. When he takes to long to think about things he tends to make bad decisions like letting the ball bounce or backing off when he should press or the opposite.

Today's goal was unfortunate as he seems to be taking the brunt of it it but truly it was down to Toby, too easily outmuscled and beaten. Where the ball went after that was a bit of lottery so I feel a little sorry for him.

His time with us does seem to be at an end as he isn't able to play consistently and is easily rattled for the rest of a match if he makes one mistake.

He was even probably a bacon sandwich last season albeit the best of a bad bunch in general but he was pretty good. Since then his confidence has a taken a knock and he very much seems to be a player of instinct. When he takes to long to think about things he tends to make bad decisions like letting the ball bounce or backing off when he should press or the opposite.

Today's goal was unfortunate as he seems to be taking the brunt of it it but truly it was down to Toby, too easily outmuscled and beaten. Where the ball went after that was a bit of lottery so I feel a little sorry for him.

His time with us does seem to be at an end as he isn't able to play consistently and is easily rattled for the rest of a match if he makes one mistake.

Again, he's one of those players who makes one mistake and we get punished

He simply has too many weaknesses at this level, in the air, against physical players, tends to get rattled ..

Again, he's one of those players who makes one mistake and we get punished

He simply has too many weaknesses at this level, in the air, against physical players, tends to get rattled ..

I don’t understand why Jose has started picking him again all of a sudden. He was essentially frozen out for a few weeks after a string of inept performances but he’s back in the squad now. It’s not like we are inundated with injuries at CB. Rodon should start when either Toby or Dier need to be rotated. Sanchez should only play when there’s no other choice. At a push id put Sissoko there ahead of Sanchez.

He has got ability and we saw that when he first arrived here, he seems to have lost confidence in himself and because of that he is often out of position and makes mistakes. Probably best for all concerned if he was sold and moved on.

Again dreadful yesterday. For both offside goals he lost his man, could have been a disaster. Yes, they were offside but if you watch, he'd lost track of the player through ball watching and both times he was caught out of position before the player moved offside.

Can't understand why Jose persists.

Back