• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

The amount of residual hope still around because we were top of the league briefly is ridiculous.

We are P18 W9 D6 L3 Pts 33
On December 16th 1996 under Gerry Francis we had the exact same record. No one was thinking of a title. We finished 8th that year.

Just because we think we have signed a 'pact' to watch horrible football doesn't mean we will win something.

Our next 5 are Liverpool (h), Brighton (a), Chelsea (h), West Brom (h), Emirates Marketing Project (a).
We are more likely to be fighting to get into the Europa again than any title.
I think you're looking more at the names than how they are actually performing. There's nothing to fear in those 5 games (not saying we'll win all) based on how the teams are playing.
City is the only one out of those 5 that has actually been playing well but now KDB is out and that will have a big impact on them.

I dont think that many people are realistically expecting a title challenge. CL football is the aim

This. We all think our team is the best but those who believe we can take the title are living in cloud cuckoo land IMO.

I think you're looking more at the names than how they are actually performing. There's nothing to fear in those 5 games (not saying we'll win all) based on how the teams are playing.
City is the only one out of those 5 that has actually been playing well but now KDB is out and that will have a big impact on them.
It's probably more looking at our own performances. We can secure a hard fought draw with anyone ! [emoji28]

Really hope the players and staff don't share your view. If you don't believe, you have no chance. Of course we can win it! Are we favourites? Hell no. But can we win it? Hell yes!

Well Stop! Hammer time and i do not think we are good enough right now, i hope i am wrong and you are right though.

Well Stop! Hammer time and i do not think we are good enough right now, i hope i am wrong and you are right though.

I agree we don't look good enough ATM, but we've shown in several matches earlier this season that we can play really, really well. Glimpses doesn’t win trophies of course, but with no other teams really looking very convincing either, we're certainly also in the mix - if we can regain our best form, show some concistency and stop throwing away leads. :D

I agree we don't look good enough ATM, but we've shown in several matches earlier this season that we can play really, really well. Glimpses doesn’t win trophies of course, but with no other teams really looking very convincing either, we're certainly also in the mix - if we can regain our best form, show some concistency and stop throwing away leads. :D

I am pretty sure we can/will finish in the top four but i feel we are not as good as City, but as i said before i hope i am wrong.

I am pretty sure we can/will finish in the top four but i feel we are not as good as City, but as i said before i hope i am wrong.
We are not as good City, but the best team/squad doesn't always win the league. Especially in a season like this, a surprise could be thrown up.
Every team has issues, including City with KDB and Augeros injuries. So it's not likely, but far from impossible to win it.

This. We all think our team is the best but those who believe we can take the title are living in cloud cuckoo land IMO.

Best to aim high though eh? if we aim for top then maybe the fall back will be CL football which is the next aim. I certainly dont think United are better than us, or Leicester so its mainly down to what City do. Every team has some flaws and as you see with the season Leicester won it, if you stay up there you never know what might happen. CL and a cup and I would be very happy of course.

Cannot help feeling we are 1-2 players away from just being at a much better level. One dominant CB and one extra midfielder to takes Sissoko's spot.

Back