• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I will miss him in the same way I would miss a removed tumor. I hope they hammer him and his grifting family legally for years.
He’s turned in to bit of pantomime character in a tiny “fun” sort of way?
But only a tiny way.

PS as I said the parallels didn’t stop there!

Last edited:
Pretty damning run down of what happened during the Brexit negotiations from those involved.

I think this link should be free, no paywall?

Inside the Brexit deal: the agreement and the aftermath https://on.ft.com/39bv9vf

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Thanks, I read Foster's twitter thread on this yesterday. Good to read the full thing. I would say it is shocking but it's really not.

I still think that anyone who enabled Brexit, including every single person who voted for it, should be hanged from lampposts, but there’s little to be gained from sustained fury. The quieter everyone keeps about how stupid it all was, the easier to get slowly back to something approaching the previous level of friction in some sectors.

I still think that anyone who enabled Brexit, including every single person who voted for it, should be hanged from lampposts, but there’s little to be gained from sustained fury. The quieter everyone keeps about how stupid it all was, the easier to get slowly back to something approaching the previous level of friction in some sectors.

good post.

But I will never understand why?

Crazy that government representatives - Department of Trade and Industry advisors - are telling businesses to invest into the EU and move jobs there.

That can't have been an aim of Brexit. Something has gone horribly wrong if businesses are being told to set up offices in the Netherlands, investing money and hiring people there instead of the UK. https://www.theguardian.com/politic...dvised-government-officials-set-up-shop-in-eu

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ish-businesses-being-pushed-to-breaking-point

Desperately sad how people were lied to about all this. Were those promising gravy stupid or manipulating people?

Last edited:
Not a problem. With a change in leadership and a three more years the English mugs will have forgotten everything and voted these evil bastards in for another term.

There's strange stuff happening in Scottish politics at the moment, with the Salmond/Sturgeon brouhaha
Seems like it could and should be a bigger story but I think that a lot of English media don't understand or just aren't that interested

It’s a small thing, I know, but I’ve just found out (when looking into booking a ferry back to see family in N Ireland in the summer) that anyone taking a dog across to anywhere on the island of Ireland now needs paperwork from a vet saying that the dog has an up to date rabies shot, amongst other things.

Telephoned our vet to ask about this: told the information is correct and quoted £275 for everything needed. Also informed that the paperwork is only valid for one return visit.

It just gets better.

It’s a small thing, I know, but I’ve just found out (when looking into booking a ferry back to see family in N Ireland in the summer) that anyone taking a dog across to anywhere on the island of Ireland now needs paperwork from a vet saying that the dog has an up to date rabies shot, amongst other things.

Telephoned our vet to ask about this: told the information is correct and quoted £275 for everything needed. Also informed that the paperwork is only valid for one return visit.

It just gets better.

If someone told you, you could curtail our freedom to travel, impair our economy, break up the United Kingdom and create mountains of previously unnecessary red tape, I don’t think anyone would have voted for it.

Those who lied and misled people need to be held to account.

If someone told you, you could curtail our freedom to travel, impair our economy, break up the United Kingdom and create mountains of previously unnecessary red tape, I don’t think anyone would have voted for it.

Come on, we've got sovereignty, can't put a price on that!

If true and replicated across the economy, this looks worse than it seemed. Johnson proudly acclaimed a Cakeist trade deal. We should have known that was a load of cobblers. So much for free movement of goods, it seems like anyone selling into the EU is having a nightmare with tax, rules or origin, and paperwork.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ouse-boom-as-uk-firms-forced-to-invest-abroad

£1.6b in trade moving from JD sports in the UK to JD sports in the EU, along with the UK tax receipts and employment. Is this a long term trend or just a short term blip?

I would still have voted for it. Can not be bothered to get into big long discussions, and I do respect you. But the are plenty of people like me. They might be more articulate about it but yeah the are people who will vote leave despite a few teething problems.

The government should have been working on trade deals with countries outside the EU while negotiations were ongoing.

The EU did not want us to work on other trade deals while we were leaving the EU because they want to hurt the uk for daring to leave. A commonwealth deal with Australia, Canada and New Zealand would be quite straightforward. Japan and my favourite country South Korea would also be a great start.

Big old world out there and nothing to get scared of.

I have had quite a few PMs from people who now wont post in this thread because it has become somewhat of an echo chamber. But the are plenty of people who are glad to have left.

I truly do respect your views and your right to hold those views.

I would just say that reading the Guardian and its constant drip feed of negativity will effect your mindset. I dare say in any sphere of life to have a daily negative story or influence on your life could change your personality. I hope it does not happen ad I want to have a beer or 2 with you at a game one day in the future.

If you were a farmer in the Philippines and every day you woke up and moaned or had negative thoughts think how it would effect the family. Even cousins working in the nearest city in low level admin jobs would be effected by the constant negativity.

What about the peasants in Bolivia and Peru logging trees to make a living. They know they are damaging the environment but they need to provide for family. It is all about the mindset, phil. I don't know your real name so I'm going to call you phil. Phil you need to be positive, wake up and have good thoughts because the bad thoughts will effect you and your health if you allow them into your life. Also think about the guy in the Philippines and the other guys in Bolivia and Peru.

Back