• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Sure thing, sweetcheecks

And so starts his campaigning...
I'd say I got about three-quarters through that before having to give up. A bit too heavy on the sugar-coating for me.

He does seem a cut-above his colleagues but that shouldn't be difficult for anyone half-competent.
He has managed to insulate himself well from the sh1tshow of the government's handling of the pandemic, generally appearing as (or cultivating the image of) the 'good guy' who hands out the money. And don't get me wrong, a lot of the measures he has introduced have been essential to help people and businesses through the past year and beyond, although not always going far enough for the people that really need extra help. But he is still a part of the government collective that has mismanaged this whole thing and shouldn't get a pass because he's the face of the loosened purse-strings.
And there's something about him that I just can't take to or trust.

Sunak really smashed it with his eat out to help out thing. Cretin.

Apparently his voice was key in cabinet discussions in calling for a rejection of the September circuit breaker and a proper November lockdown, so he’s obviously got the same level of excellent judgement as his PM.

Where is he, by the way? He appears to be locked in the same dungeon as Gove and Raab.

Apparently his voice was key in cabinet discussions in calling for a rejection of the September circuit breaker and a proper November lockdown, so he’s obviously got the same level of excellent judgement as his PM.

Where is he, by the way? He appears to be locked in the same dungeon as Gove and Raab.
Clearly in the small, upper echelon of intellect that see lockdowns for what they really are.

Between that and the sharp suits he's definitely PM meteial.

"Yeah that last guy was a complete clam and incompetent to boot, but not this new guy... he's special." This is what the Tories do, recycling the leadership, just when the public get to glimpse behind the curtain to see just how hopeless they are. Essentially nothing changes. How can it, when they are all cut from the same privileged and cossetted clothe?

Last edited:
"Yeah that last guy was a complete clam and incompetent to boot, but not this new guy... he's special." This is what the Tories do, recycling the leadership, just when the public get to glimpse behind the curtain to see just how hopeless they are. Essentially nothing chances. How can it, when they are all cut from the same privileged and cossetted clothe?

I don’t like that class war rhetoric. I went to a comprehensive school and some of the people there were the scum of the earth. Then later at college the upper middle class kids were almost without exception lovely people.

Keir Starmer, Corbyn, Milliband, Brown, Blair. They were all privileged.

That’s where we are at. So how soon does the economy recover?

Well, The Telegraph are today touting 17th July as the date being aimed for re hospitality opening. The continuing high infection rates mean that schools won’t open more fully before the start of the Summer Term; it may be longer, should things not improve pretty drastically over the next couple of months. (Personally, I don’t think a September re-start for full in-person teaching is out of the question.)

So it’s going to be a long haul. Matt Hanrooster was certainly indicating that as he did the media rounds this morning.

I don’t like that class war rhetoric. I went to a comprehensive school and some of the people there were the scum of the earth. Then later at college the upper middle class kids were almost without exception lovely people.

You said one thing that was apt, about the class war. Yeah there is a class war and Johnson, Mogg and Patel's class are winning it!

dragging the country into a class war is the only way the tories can win the next election, if its fought on competency and civilised issues they are fudged

they'll have to trawl through even more right wing brick than what we've seen from them already

it's going to be disgusting, and dangerous

The continuing high infection rates mean that schools won’t open more fully before the start of the Summer Term; it may be longer, should things not improve pretty drastically over the next couple of months. (Personally, I don’t think a September re-start for full in-person teaching is out of the question.)

If that's true I think I'll go bananas by then !!

You said one thing that was apt, about the class war. Yeah there is a class war and Johnson, Mogg and Patel's class are winning it!

Good for them, seems quite a one sided fight from my neutral perspective.

I take it Patels privilege dates back to the Normans right?

Edit: I’ve just checked. Patels father ran a newsagent.

Last edited:
And so starts his campaigning...
I'd say I got about three-quarters through that before having to give up. A bit too heavy on the sugar-coating for me.

He does seem a cut-above his colleagues but that shouldn't be difficult for anyone half-competent.
He has managed to insulate himself well from the sh1tshow of the government's handling of the pandemic, generally appearing as (or cultivating the image of) the 'good guy' who hands out the money. And don't get me wrong, a lot of the measures he has introduced have been essential to help people and businesses through the past year and beyond, although not always going far enough for the people that really need extra help. But he is still a part of the government collective that has mismanaged this whole thing and shouldn't get a pass because he's the face of the loosened purse-strings.
And there's something about him that I just can't take to or trust.

I think there's a difference in his approach versus his colleagues, as the article says people can handle a wrong decision but they can't handle people who can't make a decision.

I don't know a huge deal about him but the treasury communications, his ability to explain policies, answer questions on them etc certainly give the appearance of someone who knows his brief and is on top of things and doesn't umm and ahh his way through conferences like Johnson etc. Having read what I just typed it sounds like the minimum you'd expect from people in top jobs but there's not many who actually deliver on the expectations set.

I think there's a difference in his approach versus his colleagues, as the article says people can handle a wrong decision but they can't handle people who can't make a decision.

I don't know a huge deal about him but the treasury communications, his ability to explain policies, answer questions on them etc certainly give the appearance of someone who knows his brief and is on top of things and doesn't umm and ahh his way through conferences like Johnson etc. Having read what I just typed it sounds like the minimum you'd expect from people in top jobs but there's not many who actually deliver on the expectations set.
The workload and the (lack of) salary precludes any of our country's best, other than those who really care. The system isn't set up to attract many people like him.

I don't think that's a class war position - most people that get to the upper echelons of the Tories are cut from the same cloth, but its way beyond just going to just private school. The bullingdon club approach is an attitude and elitist ethos that transcends the school you went to.
I actually think the Tories quite like the argument being "public Vs private school", because it deflects away from the truth

That’s where we are at. So how soon does the economy recover?

As soon as things open up again we will have a big bounce. When that is depends on so many things. Vaccine efficacy. Whether transmission is stopped by vaccine immunity. How early we end lockdown. How many take the vaccine.

I hope everything goes perfectly as I'm not a doom monger. And with that May would be my hope.

Back