• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Watched the first 2 last night with the kids, first one very weird second one you can feel it building. I will be giving it the benefit of the doubt for a couple more episodes.

Waiting for a few more episodes to drop, given my MCU geekdom i will be all over it.

Don't forget it will likely tie into Dr Strange 2, so need to watch as part of continued MCU storylines post-Thanos.

There's a five-part show on Netflix called Lupin. French show, subtitled.
Omar Sy is the title character - playing a criminal who models himself on a gentleman thief.

Was easy watching with the wife

There's a five-part show on Netflix called Lupin. French show, subtitled.
Omar Sy is the title character - playing a criminal who models himself on a gentleman thief.

Was easy watching with the wife
Really enjoyed that - good, slick, easy entertainment.

After finishing The Night Of (loved it, so intense though), the Mrs said she needed something more lighthearted. So we've started Bullet Proof on Sky, it's like a British version of Bad Boys.

Doesn't grab you by the balls though.

If you want things that grab you by the balls, possibly with their own retributive agenda, then the Michaela Coel thing I May Destroy You is very watchable.

If you want things that grab you by the balls, possibly with their own retributive agenda, then the Michaela Coel thing I May Destroy You is very watchable.
I thought it had great potential and loads of good ideas and ... then it got a bit silly at the end. Michaela admitted in interviews that she threw in various different endings which feels like a cop-out to me... pick an ending, make the ending make sense and be logical... explain why and what consequences there are... don't just throw out 5 ideas in the last hour of MANY hours sat watching.

I thought it had great potential and loads of good ideas and ... then it got a bit silly at the end. Michaela admitted in interviews that she threw in various different endings which feels like a cop-out to me... pick an ending, make the ending make sense and be logical... explain why and what consequences there are... don't just throw out 5 ideas in the last hour of MANY hours sat watching.

That’s not how I read it. There’s a clear ending; she decides not to go to the bar and scout for her rapist. The three preceding fantasy sequences (revenge, forgiveness and, erm, pegging) are therapeutic. Which means she can finish her book. The last episode was actually quite straightforward compared with Theo’s story, say.

That’s not how I read it. There’s a clear ending; she decides not to go to the bar and scout for her rapist. The three preceding fantasy sequences (revenge, forgiveness and, erm, pegging) are therapeutic. Which means she can finish her book. The last episode was actually quite straightforward compared with Theo’s story, say.
You're probably correct; sounds like you were paying attention way more than me. I was probably drinking and posting on a Spurs forum called "The Game is About Glory".

But i definitely got the sense reading this article https://www.vulture.com/2020/08/i-may-destroy-you-ending-explained-michaela-coel.html that Michaela Cole just threw around loads of random ideas and smushed it all together... I prefer a story arc where I can clearly see the goodies dun good and the baddies dun bad and that is the end.

Back