• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Even Levy will have his work cut out trying to recoup that £42m

If I remember rightly, it was something like £28m upfront and the rest as add-ons. Not sure where we are up to in total at the moment

I'd happily even loan him to Ajax for the rest of the season. He'd play more regularly and that would help us sell him in the summer. We'd then have Toby, Dier, Rodon plus Davies and Tanganga as back-up. I'd take a chance on that - we need to start adjusting the balance of HG vs non HG players, and the adjustments need to come with the back-up players like sanchez. He's a waste of a non-HG spot

Dunno about that, we got a good year out of him? Soldado/Rebrov got to be the favourites for that title id have thought

Both in there but I thought Rebrov was a bit unlucky in that he only got a season and was then frozen out by Hoddle. Soldado was muck for his whole time here as good a guy as he seems.

Just read that Paulinho was our record signing for a few weeks. He was a terrible player for us. Ironically, he went on to better things (Barca) after flopping here whereas most others didn’t.

I'm not sure that Levy is going to want to sell anyone in a stagnant market when we could get considerably more if we are prepared to hold on a little longer.
By now he needs to realise that sometimes keeping the player and searching for a higher sale price just costs you more in the long run. You're paying his not insignificant wages in the meantime and let's be honest we aren't going to get a bigger fee for him at a later point than we are now. There's no interest or traction in the player and when he's not playing for us for a significant period of time and his contact length shortens. It only goes one way and we've seen that numerous times.

Even Eriksen, if we had been a bit more realistic we might have gotten more than the 20m we did get as well as his wages for another year. Sometimes you have to know when to cut your losses. [emoji2379]

By now he needs to realise that sometimes keeping the player and searching for a higher sale price just costs you more in the long run. You're paying his not insignificant wages in the meantime and let's be honest we aren't going to get a bigger fee for him at a later point than we are now. There's no interest or traction in the player and when he's not playing for us for a significant period of time and his contact length shortens. It only goes one way and we've seen that numerous times.

Even Eriksen, if we had been a bit more realistic we might have gotten more than the 20m we did get as well as his wages for another year. Sometimes you have to know when to cut your losses. [emoji2379]

No one is buying at the moment, so I think that there is a very real chance that we can get more later.

No argument with the point that we've got ourselves into a mess with the squad where we have a load of players that will be difficult to shift. Need to sell them to bring in new players and the foreign player situation means that clubs will try to push prices down further.

I dont know how many times I have said the same thing myself.

You make an obviously bad deal you trade out. 2 seasons is enough to see if the is anything in a player worth keeping.

Wont be popular here but Lo Celso and Tangana are both on borrowed time with me.

I dont know how many times I have said the same thing myself.

You make an obviously bad deal you trade out. 2 seasons is enough to see if the is anything in a player worth keeping.

Wont be popular here but Lo Celso and Tangana are both on borrowed time with me.
Tanganga? What the hell has he done wrong? The few times he's played, he's done a job, and then some!
Lo Celso I agree. He's been either injured or underwhelming.

Tanganga? What the hell has he done wrong? The few times he's played, he's done a job, and then some!
Lo Celso I agree. He's been either injured or underwhelming.
Injury prone. Far far to injury prone, the next 12 months will tell is if he is going to be a player.

Possibly keep round purely for the home grown thing, but might not be one to rely on.

He has improved since he started tracking back. Still to streaky to be considered anything more then a 7.5 out of 10.
Having a heavily streaky forward in a side is fine as long as they aren't the main goal scorer and he never has been. This season is the first where he's been tasked with mainly scoring the goals and he hasn't been streaky this season.

Back