• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

The Gov are useless what ever side on the fence you sit

but sage advice was it doesn’t make any difference

just like they are backing the 1 shot and delay programme which everyone else is screaming no at.

If sage said that shutting in bound flights from coronavirus hotspots don't make a difference then they should all be sacked.

Why is it always Imperial putting downers on the rare good news?

they are the only one that claim cases are not at least slowing (using old data) and this is the second or third time I’ve seen them downplay the vaccine.

What is said in that article that you disagree with?

they are the only one that claim cases are not at least slowing (using old data) and this is the second or third time I’ve seen them downplay the vaccine.

The main point of the article is that vaccines alone aren’t the answer; the government needs an overarching strategy to go along with them.

Do you disagree?

Because there arrogant and hate being ignored
It’s a trait for people who study there (I worked with loads at RR)

When was the last time you saw someone use one of those silly QR things on the way into a building?

If you don't know where people have been, how can you trace them?

You are right. I couldn’t be bothered the other day at the petrol station but that is probably the only instance of my ignoring a protocol since the start of this pandemic. Nobody else bothered as far as I saw plus I had my phone and app on....

Also, and this has no occurred to me til your post. I have been to the hospital several times (a&e plus booked appointments) where perversely there are no details to scan despite people at door sanitising hands and policing mask wearing.

Now you’ve made me think about it I’m going to start doing the scanning again as t&t is absolutely essential.

When was the last time you saw someone use one of those silly QR things on the way into a building?

If you don't know where people have been, how can you trace them?

I use one when I walk into every bar, restaurant, brewery, stadium, office, swimming pool etc. It's become part of daily life.

Outbreaks in places like China who have had closed borders and strict lockdowns shows zero covid isn’t possible.

It might well be impossible to eliminate it but it is possible to exist with it. We now have effective track and trace processes which give me full confidence that until the vaccine is widespread, life can go on almost as normal. Same applies to China, Taiwan, NZ etc.

Reactions: DTA
So the army enforcing laws is or isn't a problem for you?

And lockdown laws are a problem for you as they go against your civil liberties although they are there to stop people dying?
It's both. Using the army to take away our freedom is a very concerning position.

That some people are so accepting of that as a possibility goes to show how successful continual erosion of our freedom under the guise of anti-terrorism has been.

It's both. Using the army to take away our freedom is a very concerning position.

That some people are so accepting of that as a possibility goes to show how successful continual erosion of our freedom under the guise of anti-terrorism has been.

The army are bought in to cover for resource issues so are no different to extra police for a NLD. They aren't shooting people mate. The virus is killing folk.

In terms of anti terrorism and this. Apples and Oranges. This is a pandemic. I just think the civil liberties is the last hoorah of the anti lockdown folk. It doesn't make any sense in this context.

I'm sure I heard on R4 this morning that consideration was being given to allowing the police to have access to medical records - in order to police isolation requirements I assume.
Did anyone else hear this? I can't find it mentioned on the BBC website (haven't looked elsewhere) and didn't hear the item properly so don't know whether it was off the back of a newspaper report or something else.
If true that feels very wrong and a step too far. I can't see that it would actually happen in any case but worrying that it is even being spoken about (unless I dreamt it!).

Separate note I see we now have Boris giving a 5pm briefing today.

The army are bought in to cover for resource issues so are no different to extra police for a NLD. They aren't shooting people mate. The virus is killing folk.

In terms of anti terrorism and this. Apples and Oranges. This is a pandemic. I just think the civil liberties is the last hoorah of the anti lockdown folk. It doesn't make any sense in this context.
Hardly the last hurrah - I was very clear when places like Korea were successfully tracking the movements of their population that it wasn't something I (and hopefully the general public) would accept.

I think most opponents of it have been fairly clear on that. If the govt introduces it, I might start manufacturing signal proof bags for phones.

I'm sure I heard on R4 this morning that consideration was being given to allowing the police to have access to medical records - in order to police isolation requirements I assume.
Did anyone else hear this? I can't find it mentioned on the BBC website (haven't looked elsewhere) and didn't hear the item properly so don't know whether it was off the back of a newspaper report or something else.
If true that feels very wrong and a step too far. I can't see that it would actually happen in any case but worrying that it is even being spoken about (unless I dreamt it!).

Separate note I see we now have Boris giving a 5pm briefing today.

You are correct. I read this in an article on BBC news this morning. Not seen it elsewhere at the moment.

If this is indeed true that’s not a good place to be . Police should have no access to medical records for any reason.

What I think Scara is saying in other posts is where do we draw a line as a society that we allow for more and more overreach into our lives ? It’s a slippery slope .

As much as 2020 was a bad year for many people, thankfully I wasn't one of them. Yes, lockdowns and social restrictions mostly shut down my work as a photographer of people - sports, business, events, tourism. But when I was able to work, back in July, August and September, business was booming.

Now, as a second wave has rolled through the winter months, there are minimal opportunities for work. But what's filling the gap are payments from competing levels of Canadian government. We have - as their names clearly imply - a Liberal party federal government and a Conservative party provincial government. They both want our votes in the next elections for both levels of government.

How they gonna get those? Mm-hmm. M-O-N-E-Y.

The federal government has rolled out a seamless and effortless program to provide Covid relief to those of us who are self employed. $2,000 a month and it's direct deposit to the personal bank account. Now, the provincial gubmint is offering some serious cash to compensate small business adversely affected by the virus. They're offering tax free grants of $20,000 and my incorporated small business fully qualifies.

I know this can't go on forever, but, between what's already in hand and what's due to arrive through the next 6 months, I will not only have a sufficient cushion to stay viable for at least two years, when vaccinations should bring everything closer to normal, but also a budget for promotional and marketing purposes.

And there has scarcely been the slightest disagreement between the ruling parties at the two different levels. This is how responsible governments deal with a pandemic. Never done this before, but I will vote for both political parties when the respective elections come up.

Back