• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

Wow... Already better than winks.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Can we be happy about one player's progress without having to make it a negative about another of our own? I'm not Winks' biggest fan and maybe it's an overused example but young Skipp hasn't bossed a game at Madrid's gaffe just yet. I mean, it's not always about one player being better than another, it's about what they offer. Personally I think Skipp has a bit more defensive nous about him, it could be lo and behold that they actually compliment each other in midfield...

Love this video though, get a much better feel when it's an "every touch" rather than just the highlights. A lot of Skipp's attributes on display here, excellent passing forwards which is lovely to see he has it in his locker.

It's such a bizarre thing, a successful no stress loan move that's working out for both parties. Norwich don't have any reason to sell Aarons or Cantwell on the cheap (unless either have a bit of a contract situation on the horizon) but both could provide very useful players given our lack of HG, Cantwell maybe an ideal replacement for Alli come the summer but who knows..

Thanks Raziel.
Just as we thought really, very neat and tidy, doesn't dribble much and usually looks to pass the ball on, will pass forwards sometimes, will also lay it off rather than taking risks, not flashy, not flicks n tricks.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but the reference is inevitable... There are only so many starting places on the team. And I am referring to that last post where skipps long and measured forward pass - a very difficult thing to execute - is some thing we lack in the midfield right now. There's more skills on previous videos too.

To me it looks like skill has reached a level where h could be playing in the epl already. Unlike many of our other young ones on loan. Barcelona occasionally starts their best kids in proper matches and to me skipp looks ready too. I would love it if even loaned winks out and recalled skipp as option b to defend leads (long ball from midfield is perfect sicker punch and we have speedy son to receive).

Players progress throughout their careers too and I think it's going to be difficult to talk about their performances without directly or indirectly referencing a better option?

Anyway I personally prefer discussing upgrades for roles more meaningful but hey, OK will try to remember to drop the comparisons for another if it makes you feel better. Just so you know my loyalty lies with the club and discussions are aimed at improving the team performance....nothing personal against the players. After all they are professionals and their job is one that is open to public critique and comparisons.

Can we be happy about one player's progress without having to make it a negative about another of our own? I'm not Winks' biggest fan and maybe it's an overused example but young Skipp hasn't bossed a game at Madrid's gaffe just yet. I mean, it's not always about one player being better than another, it's about what they offer. Personally I think Skipp has a bit more defensive nous about him, it could be lo and behold that they actually compliment each other in midfield...

Love this video though, get a much better feel when it's an "every touch" rather than just the highlights. A lot of Skipp's attributes on display here, excellent passing forwards which is lovely to see he has it in his locker.

It's such a bizarre thing, a successful no stress loan move that's working out for both parties. Norwich don't have any reason to sell Aarons or Cantwell on the cheap (unless either have a bit of a contract situation on the horizon) but both could provide very useful players given our lack of HG, Cantwell maybe an ideal replacement for Alli come the summer but who knows..

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I've said it before and ill say it again, for all his undoubted promise, we probably need to curb our excitement about Skipp.

For sure he is looking an excellent prospect but his performances can also yo-yo quite dramatically on occasion and have in the past included some absolute stinkers. I recall one particular game for England U19s when his passing was all over the place, especially late second half, when his game went entirely to pieces. Alarmingly as the opponents pressed harder and harder for an equaliser he kept allowing himself to be caught in possession around the edge of the box and right at the death carelessly conceded a fk that came within inches of costing the victory.

We will do well to remember how we also once lauded Winks to the heavens given that now it seems some cannot wait to get rid.

If nothing else, Skipp still has quite a long way to go to prove himself at the very top level.

I've said it before and ill say it again, for all his undoubted promise, we probably need to curb our excitement about Skipp.

For sure he is looking an excellent prospect but his performances can also yo-yo quite dramatically on occasion and have in the past included some absolute stinkers. I recall one particular game for England U19s when his passing was all over the place, especially late second half, when his game went entirely to pieces. Alarmingly as the opponents pressed harder and harder for an equaliser he kept allowing himself to be caught in possession around the edge of the box and right at the death carelessly conceded a fk that came within inches of costing the victory.

We will do well to remember how we also once lauded Winks to the heavens given that now it seems some cannot wait to get rid.

If nothing else, Skipp still has quite a long way to go to prove himself at the very top level.

That's why the loan, young players need game time, time to make those mistakes, have off games, build consistency. The feedback for what it's worth is he has had very few poor games for Norwich if any.

Skipp is going to play 50+ games this season, almost 90 mins everytime in a promotion push (the pressure and importance of every game), all this having just turned 20. It's one of the best loan deals we have ever done.

He has a way to go, but he's played with us, he's getting tons of game time, I said it before if Norwich gets promoted I wouldn't be against us giving him another year with them, then at 22 with him having two full seasons of games, including one at PL level, he could fit into our midfield easily.

Back